News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

The Great Clown Panic of 2016

Started by Cain, October 04, 2016, 05:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I Tucson, some college-aged girl has started "clown lives matter" with a totally straight, painted face.

I am so deeply ashamed for my city now.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Wasn't there also a "clown walk" planned for a night next week or something?

Because a bunch of clowns marching down a street late at night won't be terrifying at all.

hooplala

When there's no more room in satire hell, the clowns shall walk the earth.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Clown panic has definitively spread to the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37605841

QuotePolice across England have been called to dozens of incidents in which pranksters dress as "creepy clowns" to deliberately scare people.

The culprits are said to be following a trend that started in the US.

A 30-year-old man was arrested and cautioned in Norwich after someone dressed as a clown jumped out from behind a tree and "terrified" a woman in a public park.

On Sunday Thames Valley Police said it was called to 14 incidents in 24 hours.

I've heard of several schools up north being put in lockdown because a clown was seen nearby as well.

So far, as an educator, I've had no official guidance on what to do re: clowns, which is probably just as well, given the literature on radicalisation.

Junkenstein

I would say that you need to ask. Many questions. And demand official responses.

Either that or buy a mask and join in.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Oh, I told them I'm no longer attending meetings on that topic ever again.

I'm also not working Halloween at all, so....all my fucks have fled.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can't wait until some municipalities outlaw clown costumes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

When clowns are outlawed, only outlaws will be clowns.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 12, 2016, 04:19:43 PM
When clowns are outlawed, only outlaws will be clowns.

I sense a dystopian future coming on.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

I'm just waiting for a mime to be attacked by idiots thinking it's a clown.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

If you see a clown with a log, please call the police:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-37634853

QuoteA teenage boy needed stitches after he was injured in a clown craze attack near Rotherham.

The boy was treated in hospital for a cut to his head after the clown threw a log at him on Lordens Hill, Dinnington, on Tuesday night.

South Yorkshire Police said it had received 61 reports of incidents involving clowns since 21 September.

Officers are also investigating two reports of clowns armed with knives.

In an interview, Owen Russell, 17, said he was walking home with friends, and bumped into the clown after taking a shortcut down an alleyway.

He said the clown started making sinister noises, before throwing a log at him, leaving him needing six stitches to a cut on his head.

Junkenstein

"Sinister noises".

What the fuck is this? Was he humming a tune from a horror film?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 13, 2016, 03:16:32 AM
"Sinister noises".

What the fuck is this? Was he humming a tune from a horror film?

This is mass-hysteria.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Who loiters in an alleyway with a log, while dressed as a clown, in a Sheffield suburb?

I wouldn't be surprised to find this was fake.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 13, 2016, 02:17:48 PM
Who loiters in an alleyway with a log, while dressed as a clown, in a Sheffield suburb?

I wouldn't be surprised to find this was fake.

From what I've read, a huge proportion of the "clown attacks" are either unverifiable or have been proven fake. This is going to be awesome in the history books.