News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

"Intermittens: In the Beginning" is now available

Started by Johnny Shellburn, October 10, 2016, 08:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Shellburn

If you haven't heard, Intermittens: In the Beginning, is finally out. Thanks to your forum, and especially Cramulus, for starting the magazine, and to the members here who contributed to this issue.

http://kerrythornley.com/publications/magazines/intermittens/intermittens_11_ITB.pdf

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Johnny Shellburn on October 10, 2016, 08:17:51 PM
If you haven't heard, Intermittens: In the Beginning, is finally out. Thanks to your forum, and especially Cramulus, for starting the magazine, and to the members here who contributed to this issue.

http://kerrythornley.com/publications/magazines/intermittens/intermittens_11_ITB.pdf

Fucking Uncle BadTouch.  Fuck's sake. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Johnny Shellburn

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2016, 08:32:47 PM

There's one page about Reverend Uncle BadTouch's group just like there's one page about the PeeDee Cabal. Creeper Uncle BadTouch did an interview with Brenton Clutterbuck about Chasing Eris, but otherwise it's Uncle BadTouch-free.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Johnny Shellburn on October 10, 2016, 08:42:43 PM

There's one page about Reverend Uncle BadTouch's group just like there's one page about the PeeDee Cabal. Creeper Uncle BadTouch did an interview with Brenton Clutterbuck about Chasing Eris, but otherwise it's Uncle BadTouch-free.

It's a LOT. 8 pages on the interview, which ties it for the longest piece in your magazine/whatever.

The Good Reverend Roger

*looks at your email addie*

Uh huh.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Johnny Shellburn

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 10, 2016, 08:55:54 PM

It's a LOT. 8 pages on the interview, which ties it for the longest piece in your magazine/whatever.

That's 8 pages out of 52, like one week out of a year. If you want to skip that, you can. But I'm glad it's there. Creeper is a professional writer who also wrote about the connection between Kerry Thornley and Lee Harvey Oswald for the 50th anniversary of the John F. Kennedy assassination for Yahoo.com.

There's also

*The first published statements by Tom Thornley about his late brother Kerry Thornley.

*Secrets of the Early Church of the SubGenius.

*Never before seen on the Internet Discordian material.

And much more.

The Good Reverend Roger

It's not like the Uncle BadTouch cult wasn't bragging about picking up that domain.

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, your account was made 3 years ago, and not touched til now, to pimp out Uncle BadTouch's latest vanity project.

Johnny Shellburn

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2016, 09:10:10 PM
Also, your account was made 3 years ago, and not touched til now, to pimp out Uncle BadTouch's latest vanity project.
I posted then when I thought about starting the issue. As posted in the issue, I abandoned it for two years because much of our "exclusive" early Discordian material appeared before we finished it in Historia Discordia by Adam Gorightly (an ad for the book appears in the issue).

The editor of this issue is myself and http://kerrythornley.com. That's not secret; it's in the issue. If I'm pimping anything, it's our website.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Johnny Shellburn on October 10, 2016, 09:17:05 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2016, 09:10:10 PM
I posted then when I thought about starting the issue. As posted in the issue, I abandoned it for two years because much of our "exclusive" early Discordian material appeared before we finished it in Historia Discordia by Adam Gorightly (an ad for the book appears in the issue).

The editor of this issue is myself and http://kerrythornley.com. That's not secret; it's in the issue. If I'm pimping anything, it's our website.

Right.  So Uncle BadTouch.

Johnny Shellburn

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2016, 09:09:03 PM
It's not like the Uncle BadTouch cult wasn't bragging about picking up that domain.
I know nothing about that. As far as I know they've never had the domain. Maybe they were trolling you.  :fnord:

Johnny Shellburn

Quote from: Johnny Shellburn on October 10, 2016, 09:20:21 PM
I know nothing about that. As far as I know they've never had the domain. Maybe they were trolling you.  :fnord:
I get it. You're trolling me. Nice.  Enjoy the free issue or don't. Your choice. :aaa:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Johnny Shellburn on October 10, 2016, 09:24:11 PM
Quote from: Johnny Shellburn on October 10, 2016, 09:20:21 PM
I get it. You're trolling me. Nice.  Enjoy the free issue or don't. Your choice. :aaa:

No, I'm not.  You're either Uncle BadTouch or one of his cultists.  The whole "ripping off other people's work" is also an indicator.

Remember when you tried to put all of our shit in "your" book, Uncle BadTouch?  Remember that?  We do.

The Good Reverend Roger

Due to legal threats from the Uncle BadTouch cult (ie, Miley Spears) and blatantly stolen material in "their" book a few years back, AND evading a ban, there will be no Uncle BadTouch here.

trix

Uncle BadTouch aside, is there anything else in this issue you find disagreeable?

Personally I don't know a lot about the Uncle BadTouch drama so I can't speak to it, but I enjoyed this issue of Intermittens.

I don't think a Loveshader made it, as I would expect a completely different tone to it if that were the case.

So to this specific PDF, was anything in it stolen, plagiarized, or otherwise immorally obtained?

Because if not, bravo!  A good issue.

The Uncle BadTouch person sounds like an ass, and while I'd probably avoid paying for, or contributing anything to, the works of a material thief... neither are required to enjoy this issue of Intermittens.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.