News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

"Intermittens: In the Beginning" is now available

Started by Johnny Shellburn, October 10, 2016, 08:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on October 10, 2016, 09:41:16 PM
Uncle BadTouch aside, is there anything else in this issue you find disagreeable?

Didn't even look.  Leaving the post and link up, but the Uncle BadTouch alt has been banned.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Discordian histories don't do much for me, personally. This issue is also seriously sex obsessed, which is not my cup of tea unless shit gets way weirder.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 10, 2016, 09:45:30 PM
Discordian histories don't do much for me, personally. This issue is also seriously sex obsessed, which is not my cup of tea unless shit gets way weirder.

"Uncle BadTouch"

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Trix, you should really educate yourself on the Uncle BadTouch drama.  Just drop his name into the site search engine and go.

But to give you a hint, it involves...not cool views on underage sex dressed up in Discordianism, theft and self-promotion.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2016, 09:47:52 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 10, 2016, 09:45:30 PM

"Uncle BadTouch"

Is Uncle BadTouch synonymous with boring smut? I wasn't here for most of the stuff.

Faust

He's a boring old windbag who's claim to fame was once making comments about the age of consent and how it can be healthy it can be for a minor to have an older sex partner to act as a guide.

In and of itself that has faded into the same boring rhetoric that was espoused by a lot of new age self styled gurus to the point that it too has become a cliche.
None the less it was enough to get this website investigated (years ago).

I don't want Uncle BadTouch to taint your work Johnny so looking forward to reading this over lunch tomorrow.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

trix

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2016, 09:44:42 PM
Uncle BadTouch aside, is there anything else in this issue you find disagreeable?

Didn't even look.  Leaving the post and link up, but the Uncle BadTouch alt has been banned.

So you banned the OP?  Are you certain that was a Uncle BadTouch alt or just strongly believe so?

Still reading up on the LS drama
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on October 10, 2016, 11:42:40 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 10, 2016, 09:44:42 PM

So you banned the OP?  Are you certain that was a Uncle BadTouch alt or just strongly believe so?

Still reading up on the LS drama

Yes, and yes.  Faust or ECH can overturn this any time they please.

The Wizard Joseph

For the record, knowing nothing of this Uncle BadTouch and having no stake but accuracy, "8 pages of 52" isn't like 1 week of the year proportionally. More like 2 months. Just under 1\6.

Just saying... that's a huge slice and your sense of proportion and arithmetic are... bad.

ETA:  :lulz: guess you're kinda banned!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Faust

Johnny Shellburn is a made up character of Thornleys, but I don't think that was Uncle BadTouch no. Think we might have just banned Adam Gorightly based on the takeover information on kerrythornley.com

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Faust on October 11, 2016, 09:08:03 AM
Johnny Shellburn is a made up character of Thornleys, but I don't think that was Uncle BadTouch no. Think we might have just banned Adam Gorightly based on the takeover information on kerrythornley.com

Hm... I suspect sooner or later there will be a rather ironic war over the trademarkable bits around Discordia with at least some participants claiming it's somehow ok because "Kopyleft", others with issues about exactly where and in what context their shit gets posted or published. I hope it's later rather than sooner. I want to see how far we go with this "corporations are people" thing because that could be a LOT of fun if the paperwork is just right. An actual non-profit org "representative of the Goddess Discordia and Discordian Society" with proper governing constitution could be the most fun since the invention of the acronym NGO. Of course that would also be profoundly complicated and easy to get fucked over on if you're not SERIOUS about the paperwork and litigation side.

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

trix

Quote from: Cain on October 10, 2016, 09:56:18 PM
Trix, you should really educate yourself on the Uncle BadTouch drama.  Just drop his name into the site search engine and go.

But to give you a hint, it involves...not cool views on underage sex dressed up in Discordianism, theft and self-promotion.

Ok, I tried.  I really did.  I read all seven pages of his posts from his profile.  I forum searched his name.  I google searched his name in relation to PD.com.  I read tons and tons and tons of posts.  I did not find this an enjoyable passage of time.  I saw lots of shameless self-promotion from a giant douchebag.  I saw lots of accusations of thievery and lots of pedo accusations.  I was however unable to find the source of either of those.

This was unpleasant, and my curiosity remains unsatisfied.   :argh!:
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 11, 2016, 09:29:27 AM
Quote from: Faust on October 11, 2016, 09:08:03 AM

Hm... I suspect sooner or later there will be a rather ironic war over the trademarkable bits around Discordia with at least some participants claiming it's somehow ok because "Kopyleft", others with issues about exactly where and in what context their shit gets posted or published. I hope it's later rather than sooner. I want to see how far we go with this "corporations are people" thing because that could be a LOT of fun if the paperwork is just right. An actual non-profit org "representative of the Goddess Discordia and Discordian Society" with proper governing constitution could be the most fun since the invention of the acronym NGO. Of course that would also be profoundly complicated and easy to get fucked over on if you're not SERIOUS about the paperwork and litigation side.

From the Intermittens:
QuoteKopyleft is a myth. Oh, sure, Malaclypse the
Younger aka Gregory Hill made the fourth edition,
the best known of Principia Discordia, kopyleft.
But as he himself said in the 1979 introduction to the
Loompanics printing of the fourth, this was because
he didn't want his intentions to be misunderstood --
i.e., he didn't want to be sued. He said some of the
underground work was likely copyrighted by
someone else, and claiming copyright to someone
else's work is grounds for a lawsuit, especially as
some parts used in the "collage" of a book were
owned by major corporations.

It goes on for about two pages of the author giving all kinds of Elders Of Discordia background that IDGAF about to support his point.

Faust

Not really sure what they are trying to say with that;
-The Principia Discordia is free for all and ownership of ideas is a myth
-The Principia is built on stolen ideas and intermittens is continuing the spirit of this with the intermittens idea (which was all ways free for all anyway)
-Something else
-Not really saying anything at all

Q. G. Pennyworth

It read to me like NEENER NEENER KOPYLEFT ISN'T A HOLY RITE (but I guess you can do whatever because the ELDERS OF DISCORDIA said you could do whatever).