News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

"Intermittens: In the Beginning" is now available

Started by Johnny Shellburn, October 10, 2016, 08:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on October 11, 2016, 10:36:57 PM
Personally I would wait to see if the user does anything destructive or problematic before breaking out the banhammer but I am not an admin nor a mod nor do I really care enough.

I read through the issue more thoroughly, rather than just kind of generally looking it over as before.  It seems well put together, and the style takes after the PD, and it includes a lot of silly which I personally have a large amount of respect for.

Unfortunately, none of the above makes up for the fact that it is also boring, uninteresting, clearly trying to namedrop all over the place, and worst of all, not funny.

As a Discordian Project, I was biased in its favor.  I really wanted to like it.  But it's not funny AT ALL.  Like, not one single grin, laugh, smirk, smile, chuckle, or whif of wit is present.

The Principia Discordia, which has the over-the-top silly vibe throughout, provided a couple dozen true laugh-out-loud moments for me, because I'm that easy to amuse by being silly.  Not so for this issue of intermittens.  There was no Holy(tm), there was no Funny, there was no Horrormirth, there wasn't even much Mirth, and what was there felt strained.

Also, now that I spend a very long period last night reading his tripe, I can say without a doubt this issue smells of that group strongly.

And the only PDer they mention directly in the issue (aside from Cram) was TGRR, who I doubt would want his name anywhere in that issue for any reason, given the background.

I still haven't seen why you guys call LS a pedo but he's definitely enough of a tool to avoid his BS.

They did what, now?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Oh, they're just whinging about us.  Me, specifically.   :lulz:

However, they did accuse us of making threats.  We never make threats.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

And if they're gonna tarnish my name, I'm sure as hell gonna reciprocate.

Starting with Gorightly.

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

It's the following:

Uncle BadTouch,
Miley Spears
Gorightly.

CALLED IT.

The Good Reverend Roger

Just read it.

That WAS boring.  Not one single laugh.

The Wizard Joseph

I'm going to take a little break and finish it later after I can go vent some steam constructively. Parting thought for the moment:

:evilmad:
Did these pigfuckers really think that publicly showing that letter soliciting a conspiracy to pederasty and, in context of their little "publication", clearly acting to protect a likely child molester as "possibly" still alive was a wise move?

For the rest... guess they want to be all like THAT about PD on top of being super- jeeper-creeper pedos. That's just no way to go through life.

One thing was actually funny so far. TGRR's demiurge-like ability to inspire butthurt clearly left a mark on some folks. Yet my smile just doesn't seem to go all the way up to my eyes. 

:) <- see?
Y I'm upSet
Eno' to do
Sumfin'
Kinda
Crazy  :evil:

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Faust

"Faust said he took it over, after it had been investigated by authorites."
No Uncle BadTouch, you're not THAT important, I took over hosting the site after a horrible war of attrition that made Lauren want to move on, but I am sure the investigation didn't help.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

I still haven't seen why you guys call LS a pedo but he's definitely enough of a tool to avoid his BS.

It was due to a few essays on his old site.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on October 12, 2016, 08:49:13 AM
"Faust said he took it over, after it had been investigated by authorites."
No Uncle BadTouch, you're not THAT important, I took over hosting the site after a horrible war of attrition that made Lauren want to move on, but I am sure the investigation didn't help.

What investigation?

Faust

The site was briefly looked into IIRC as this was a decade ago, requests made for some messages. That was back in the day when they didn't hack or have access to that data on tap.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

trix

Quote from: Cain on October 12, 2016, 04:21:22 PM

I tried to find those but that website is very off-putting.  I choose instead to take your word for it.

I'm also curious, the pdf in the OP used the term "Stfupid Cabal" in what I think was a reference to PD.  I know Hate Rant Discordians is from Uncyclopedia, but what is "Stfupid Cabal" from?  Was that made up specifically for this issue of Intermittens?
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on October 12, 2016, 06:10:28 PM

I tried to find those but that website is very off-putting.  I choose instead to take your word for it.

I'm also curious, the pdf in the OP used the term "Stfupid Cabal" in what I think was a reference to PD.  I know Hate Rant Discordians is from Uncyclopedia, but what is "Stfupid Cabal" from?  Was that made up specifically for this issue of Intermittens?

As far as I know.  And they wrote the Uncyclopedia article too, IIRC.

Not that I mind being called a Hate Rant Discordian.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: trix on October 12, 2016, 06:10:28 PM

I suspect this is the relevant link hxxp://www.uncle BadTouch.org/5bb/belief1.html

And if it's not what they're referencing, I don't want to see the worse thing.