Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

November 2016: Hail Discordia

Started by Cainad (dec.), November 09, 2016, 11:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on November 12, 2016, 12:09:01 AM
By way of illustration:

No person can be legally required to donate blood or part of their body. Even in the most ludicrous example you could think of: a drunk driver mortally injures someone and could save their life by donating blood. Even though the situation is their fault, isn't legally compelled to give blood. Those are extreme examples, and hundreds more that are far less intense exist. In none of them is a person required to surrender their bodily autonomy.

A fetus has no right to require the use of a woman's body for nine months of she doesn't want to. Even if she fucks 80 men a day without protection, who gets to use her uterus to gestate in is exclusively her decision.

Counterpoint. How about a conjoined twin who attempts suicide by overdose. Irrespective of your views on suicide should this be allowed?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 12, 2016, 12:15:43 AM
By way of illustration:

No person can be legally required to donate blood or part of their body. Even in the most ludicrous example you could think of: a drunk driver mortally injures someone and could save their life by donating blood. Even though the situation is their fault, isn't legally compelled to give blood. Those are extreme examples, and hundreds more that are far less intense exist. In none of them is a person required to surrender their bodily autonomy.

A fetus has no right to require the use of a woman's body for nine months of she doesn't want to. Even if she fucks 80 men a day without protection, who gets to use her uterus to gestate in is exclusively her decision.

LOL So you would allow third trimester abortions on the grounds that "the fetus has no right to the womans body." Hello Ayn Rand!

Are you bored? You must be really bored.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on November 12, 2016, 02:24:41 AM
By way of illustration:

LOL So you would allow third trimester abortions on the grounds that "the fetus has no right to the womans body." Hello Ayn Rand!

I think he got shown the door at his alt-right group.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 12, 2016, 01:51:39 AM
By way of illustration:

Counterpoint. How about a conjoined twin who attempts suicide by overdose. Irrespective of your views on suicide should this be allowed?

That's a pretty interesting question with a lot of pieces to pick apart. If I wasn't really fucking tired from working all week I might be able to engage it properly.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2016, 02:28:39 AM
By way of illustration:

Ouch. :lulz: If THEY won't take you in, who's left?

Pee Dee, that's who!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on November 12, 2016, 02:31:25 AM
By way of illustration:

Pee Dee, that's who!

In related news, Trump just fired Christie from his transition team.  Publicly.  :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2016, 02:34:51 AM
By way of illustration:

Pee Dee, that's who!

In related news, Trump just fired Christie from his transition team.  Publicly.  :lulz:

:horrormirth:  :popcorn:  :horrormirth:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cainad (dec.)

Isn't that like the second or third time that he's pooped on Christie's head ever since he got on board the Trump Train?

Bu🤠ns

He's pretty much their whipping boy.  He does have a lot of baggage

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on November 12, 2016, 02:53:52 AM
Isn't that like the second or third time that he's pooped on Christie's head ever since he got on board the Trump Train?

Christie is like the nerd kid who does stupid shit for the older kids in the hopes of being accepted.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

By way of illustration:

Your argument applies to every trimester of pregnancy.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

By way of illustration:

Pee Dee, that's who!

PD is officially so asshurt they are making up headcannons where I lose.

PopeTom

By way of illustration:

You forget that, at least in the US, organ donation is opt-in.  Therefore even dead people would have more bodily autonomy that a pregnant woman if the anti-abortion people had their way.

A person should show that they are an organ donor before you agree to listen to their pro-life spiel.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Junkenstein

Quote from: PopeTom on November 15, 2016, 01:20:03 AM
By way of illustration:

You forget that, at least in the US, organ donation is opt-in.  Therefore even dead people would have more bodily autonomy that a pregnant woman if the anti-abortion people had their way.

A person should show that they are an organ donor before you agree to listen to their pro-life spiel.

Nowhere near far enough. To start with, the system should be opt out for adults. Massively increases the available supply and you now have to go out of your way to be enough of a self centered arsehole to fuck over some desperate living strangers after your death. Assuming laziness or apathy for the large part, it's a huge step forward, medically.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.