News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Turning Purple

Started by LMNO, November 10, 2016, 08:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 02, 2016, 05:26:36 PM
I think this is an interesting article. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/01/gamergate-alt-right-hate-trump?CMP=fb_gu&utm_content=buffer76b92&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

> IT IS CURRENT YEAR AND PEOPLE STILL CARE ABOUT GAMERGATE

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 02, 2016, 04:39:21 PM
The people who voted for Donald Trump are the quintessence of Middle America: white middle-class people who believe in a particular midcentury ideal of the American Dream, one in which healthy happy nuclear families with a stay-at-home-mom go to church every Sunday. Black people, immigrants, gays, and single parents are not part of this vision; that's why they could so easily disregard ther well-being with their vote. They are racist, but it's the kind of passive racism that allows people to do grievous harm against black communities with their votes while claiming (and earnestly believing) that they are not racist. Abortion isn't an issue for them because good women get married and stay married while good men work hard to support their families. They cant have immigrants TAKING those jobs, that wouldn't be right, and gay people... well, that's alright as long as they keep it behind closed doors, and as long as it's not MY son or daughter because I didn't raise them like that.

It's not a mystery. They are the rosy-cheeked, suburban, middle-class, Christian, white, conservative American Dream. That's what they're fighting for. The ones that don't have it, want it, and they earnestly think that Donald Trump will lead them back into the dream of trickle-down economics by lifting burdens from the wealth creators like Ronald Reagan reborn from the ashes of the 80's.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joelkotkin/2016/11/09/donald-trumps-presidenti-victory-demographics/#16ec92b179a8
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-mythology-of-trumps-working-class-support/
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/
http://billmoyers.com/story/so-who-are-donald-trumps-voters/

Hurr durr:

Bear in mind again, this was not a popular election it was an electoral one. That surge of voters, even though it didnt win him the majority of the poor vote, won him the electoral votes of mostly poor rust belt states which ended up deciding the election. These are people who voted for Obama twice but now voted for Trump.

Also, from your own fucking source that you just posted:
This is not to say that Trump voters are happy about the condition of the economy. Substantial majorities of Republicans in every state so far have said they're "very worried" about the condition of the U.S. economy, according to exit polls, and these voters have been more likely to vote for Trump. But that anxiety doesn't necessarily reflect their personal economic circumstances, which for many Trump voters, at least in a relative sense, are reasonably good.

Even his more well off voters were voting very largely on the issue of the economy. Why are you so absolutely dead set on ignoring the economy as a factor in the election?

LMNO

He seems to want to engage in link-for-link pedantry, whereas we take previously establish links as, well, previously established.

Quote from: LMNO on December 02, 2016, 07:52:16 PM
He seems to want to engage in link-for-link pedantry, whereas we take previously establish links as, well, previously established.

What

LMNO

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on December 02, 2016, 07:57:08 PM

What

Keep fucking that chicken, pal.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't think he really looks at threads other than his own, so he probably missed those conversations. Being completely self-absorbed will do that to a person.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 02, 2016, 10:35:15 PM

I don't think he really looks at threads other than his own, so he probably missed those conversations. Being completely self-absorbed will do that to a person.

Ok Im awful. What was wrong with what I posted?

The Wizard Joseph

I blame the Magick Training He Clearly Didn't Get
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 02, 2016, 11:00:55 PM

Whats your current spiritual practice? PM me or start a new thread I dont want to derail.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on December 02, 2016, 11:02:27 PM

Whats your current spiritual practice? PM me or start a new thread I dont want to derail.

:spit:
:wasp:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 02, 2016, 11:56:15 PM

Magic is literally real and was a deciding factor in the 2016 election. I will debate this with anyone.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on December 03, 2016, 12:04:30 AM

Magic is literally real and was a deciding factor in the 2016 election. I will debate this with anyone.

THAT is the best part!
:omg:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Still waiting for an answer.

Ben Shapiro