Author Topic: What Makes This Really Funny, part 2  (Read 1344 times)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

  • v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 687093
  • The sky tastes like red exuberance.
    • View Profile
Re: What Makes This Really Funny, part 2
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2016, 05:24:29 pm »
I wasn't around here during those early 2000s, so I wouldn't really know much about what we'd have to do differently is, but here are my thoughts.

Keep each other (and the people around us) informed of what is ACTUALLY happening. The media can't really be trusted anymore in a world where the president is a master of the art of spectacle. This doesn't mean just fear monger.

Keep people safe. We're all gonna be having tough times ahead. This new world will need survival guides, walking groups, etc. Be open to helping the people on this board that you hate.

Continue making the middle class uncomfortable. Show them that they don't get to be comfortable under a Trump presidency. Shame them creatively while also giving them breadcrumbs to figure out the truth. Don't unfriend people on facebook who disagree with you!! Trump supporters are stubborn, they're not going to unfriend you, so cash in on that and shove whatever you want onto their newsfeed.

Channel all the pain and suffering and anxiety that these 2-4-8 years cause into some works of fucking art.

Keep in mind that some of this advice isn't very good once you stop assuming everyone you're talking to is white.
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”


Bu☆ns

  • █ ▀█ ▀ █ ▀█▄ ▀█
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 39733
    • View Profile
Re: What Makes This Really Funny, part 2
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2016, 06:03:35 pm »
Something has to get people fired up enough to get out of their comfort zones.  If it comes down to survival , it is pretty sad but maybe what's necessary.

This entire election is literally all about half the population -- largely the white, middle-class half -- trying to cling to their comfort zone, while the other half is already struggling for survival, and therefore trying to push for change.

Boy I fucking hope so.  100million people didn't vote. I'd say that's quite a comfortable bubble to be in.

I know that there are local laws designed to suppress various demographics from  voting but 100 million? I'm still wrapping my head around it

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

  • v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
  • ****
  • Posts: 687093
  • The sky tastes like red exuberance.
    • View Profile
Re: What Makes This Really Funny, part 2
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2016, 07:22:09 pm »
Something has to get people fired up enough to get out of their comfort zones.  If it comes down to survival , it is pretty sad but maybe what's necessary.

This entire election is literally all about half the population -- largely the white, middle-class half -- trying to cling to their comfort zone, while the other half is already struggling for survival, and therefore trying to push for change.

Boy I fucking hope so.  100million people didn't vote. I'd say that's quite a comfortable bubble to be in.

I know that there are local laws designed to suppress various demographics from  voting but 100 million? I'm still wrapping my head around it

Voter participation, in recent history, hovers at about 50%. Because it is higher in states with better access to voting, up to nearly 68%, it is reasonable to deduce that up to about 18% of the eligible nonvoters did not vote due to access policies that are obstructive. Of the rest, if you look at voter demographics, only 20% of eligible people under 30 vote. Inexperience and lack of understanding probably heavily influence the other 80%, culminating in not voting. This is also the 2nd-largest voting bloc after Boomers.
“I’m guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk,” Charles Wick said. “It was very complicated.”