News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

sappy election blog #14

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, November 11, 2016, 10:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

Suppose you could ask Trae Crowder

tyrannosaurus vex

Well yeah. I'm not going to pretend I'm as disaffected or discarded as millions of other people are right now, but it's definitely bizarre. The logic leading to the conclusion that it's OK to ignore the vulnerable is as impenetrable to my mind as my reasoning that it is abhorrent is to my demographic peers. I'm sure it has to do with my having escaped the small white town I grew up in and being slightly more traveled. People who saw the world as unjust and unfair when I went to high school with them are, today, smugly self-satisfied and unconcerned whatsoever with the plight of the disadvantaged, if not openly hostile to them. I think it must be what I call "the Tofu effect", where spending years in an echo chamber, even if it contradicts one's thinking, has an inevitable effect of changing one's worldview.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: V3X on November 12, 2016, 04:38:04 PM
Well yeah. I'm not going to pretend I'm as disaffected or discarded as millions of other people are right now, but it's definitely bizarre. The logic leading to the conclusion that it's OK to ignore the vulnerable is as impenetrable to my mind as my reasoning that it is abhorrent is to my demographic peers. I'm sure it has to do with my having escaped the small white town I grew up in and being slightly more traveled. People who saw the world as unjust and unfair when I went to high school with them are, today, smugly self-satisfied and unconcerned whatsoever with the plight of the disadvantaged, if not openly hostile to them. I think it must be what I call "the Tofu effect", where spending years in an echo chamber, even if it contradicts one's thinking, has an inevitable effect of changing one's worldview.

I think that for some people, believing that they are simply more hardworking/deserving and that's why they are among the haves and not the have-nots helps to soothe the cognitive dissonance that they would have to live with if they recognized that they aren't simply innately more deserving.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 12, 2016, 04:21:44 PM
I was thinking yesterday that being one of the white middle-class non-Trump votes has to be a weird, lonely feeling. Just knowing that the majority of your demographic doesn't share your values at all must be bizarre.

Hi. Yes, it is.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2016, 01:47:30 AM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 12, 2016, 01:35:55 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2016, 01:30:19 AM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 12, 2016, 01:21:43 AM
LOL. God damn I was honestly afraid the left might learn something from this for awhile. Thank you SMART PEOPLEtm for assuring me that the next two, three, maybe even four elections will be a cakewalk for the AltRight.

Which part of the alt-right do you like best?  Screaming slurs at blacks, or screaming slurs at women?

Id prefer screaming slurs to physical attacks and riots.

http://www.infowars.com/video-high-school-girl-viciously-attacked-for-supporting-donald-trump/

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/11/11/man-describes-brutal-attack-crowd-yelled-thats-a-white-boy-trump-supporter/

Infowars.   :lulz:

But it's refreshing to see your honesty concerning slurs.

So infowars hosting it invalidates that video of a trump supporter being attacked? Because there are more of them. Of course youre all into "breaking fascist kneecaps" now so Im guessing you dont care. By all means continue, a few more riots and 2018 is in the bag for us.