News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Protestors Are Assholes

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, November 16, 2016, 10:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 18, 2016, 05:25:53 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 04:41:59 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder... what possible political gain could come from wide-scale protests of the election of a man who ran on a platform heavily based in bigotry and xenophobia, and appointed a white nationalist organizer to his cabinet? Hmmmmm, I wonder.

They're assholes. My impression is that they're young and naive, predominantly white with upper-middle-class parents, and they get their news from Facebook. As I've already pointed out, many of them didn't even fucking vote, and here in my hometown, they demonstrated in a state that already voted the way they wanted it to. And being reminded of Hitler doesn't make them not assholes.

You want so hard for me to debate Trump with you, but I'm not going to do it. Trump has fuck-all to do with my point. I can't help it if you can't wrap your brain around that.

More than 50% of the population voted, and voters are more likely to protest, so literally nothing you have to say is true. Plus you don't understand math.

:lol:

Trump is what people are protesting, so if you want to invalidate the protests you have to first prove that what they are protesting is not worthy of protest.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

My God, if you would all only just realize the argument your presenting doesn't FIT into my false dichotomy. It's like you're not even Discordian.
                    /
:snob:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Vivat Alty on November 18, 2016, 05:39:20 AM
My God, if you would all only just realize the argument your presenting doesn't FIT into my false dichotomy. It's like you're not even Discordian.
                    /
:snob:

The funniest part: he came to a web forum called literal actual Principia Discordia dot com expecting that he could just spit up a half-assed opinion and alllllll the Discordians would just agree with him.

Maybe even herald him as a visionary.

:lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 05:35:35 AM
Trump is what people are protesting, so if you want to invalidate the protests you have to first prove that what they are protesting is not worthy of protest.

Did I say I wanted to invalidate the protests? No, I didn't. In fact, what I said in my second post was

QuoteAnd none of this is to downplay the role that protestors play; I just wish we weren't bullshitting ourselves and each other every time it happens. Instead of rationalizing and blanket-judging, I wish we could just step back and say, "Our asshole protestors are keeping your guy in check. When our guy is in office, your asshole protestors keep ours in check." None of this "our protestors are okay but yours were shit" kind of nonsense.

Just keep it real.

If you ignore or rationalize the asshole behavior of the current wave of protests but condemn and vilify the asshole behavior of protestors from 2008 and 2012, then you're the kind of person that I'm talking about.

I don't care what you think about Trump or his policies or this or that. None of that has anything to do with what I'm talking about. How many times do I have to repeat myself?
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 18, 2016, 06:02:35 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 05:35:35 AM

Did I say I wanted to invalidate the protests? No, I didn't. In fact, what I said in my second post was

QuoteAnd none of this is to downplay the role that protestors play; I just wish we weren't bullshitting ourselves and each other every time it happens. Instead of rationalizing and blanket-judging, I wish we could just step back and say, "Our asshole protestors are keeping your guy in check. When our guy is in office, your asshole protestors keep ours in check." None of this "our protestors are okay but yours were shit" kind of nonsense.

Just keep it real.

If you ignore or rationalize the asshole behavior of the current wave of protests but condemn and vilify the asshole behavior of protestors from 2008 and 2012, then you're the kind of person that I'm talking about.

I don't care what you think about Trump or his policies or this or that. None of that has anything to do with what I'm talking about. How many times do I have to repeat myself?

In order for your premise to be true, the context in which the events you are comparing have to be the same. The protests themselves also have to be substantively the same. You are making the assertion; therefore it is up to you to convincingly provide evidence that context and protests are substantively similar enough to be comparable relative to a dependent variable.

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 06:09:42 AM
In order for your premise to be true, the context in which the events you are comparing have to be the same. The protests themselves also have to be substantively the same. You are making the assertion; therefore it is up to you to convincingly provide evidence that context and protests are substantively similar enough to be comparable relative to a dependent variable.

What premise?

I don't believe you understand what my argument actually is, despite the fact that I've stated it several times over.

It sounds as if you're trying to use logic to invalidate the impetus for my appeal, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to tell me exactly what validity-testing structure any of your "requirements" fits into.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Junkenstein

Does "quoting" "Terms" "Make" "My" "argument" "win" "yet"?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

You know, guys, I think we could have wrapped this up page one...

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 16, 2016, 10:57:37 PM
Eat seven dicks, new guy.

LMNO

They're assholes. My impression

Could you clarify how you came about this impression? 

Quoteis that they're young and naive, predominantly white with upper-middle-class parents, and they get their news from Facebook. As I've already pointed out, many of them didn't even fucking vote

:cn:

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: LMNO on November 18, 2016, 02:00:35 PM
They're assholes. My impression

Could you clarify how you came about this impression? 

Quoteis that they're young and naive, predominantly white with upper-middle-class parents, and they get their news from Facebook. As I've already pointed out, many of them didn't even fucking vote

:cn:

Gee, are they paid by George Soros too?

Nonwhites are more invisible than I thought, I guess.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 18, 2016, 11:47:34 AM
You know, guys, I think we could have wrapped this up page one...

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 16, 2016, 10:57:37 PM
Eat seven dicks, new guy.

This is how we tomorrow.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 18, 2016, 06:43:36 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 06:09:42 AM

What premise?

I don't believe you understand what my argument actually is, despite the fact that I've stated it several times over.

It sounds as if you're trying to use logic to invalidate the impetus for my appeal, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to tell me exactly what validity-testing structure any of your "requirements" fits into.

I don't think YOU understand what your argument is, or you'd be able to state it clearly. So far you have argued that protesters are "assholes" and when pressed as to why, proposed that they are not protesting on valid grounds; proposed that there is sufficient parity between the circumstances of Trump's election and Obama's election that the protesters are comparable; proposed that the protesters in this case are fulfilling the same "balancing" role that right-wing protesters serve to keep the left in check; and claimed that parity is such that anyone who supports one set of protesters and not the other is a "hypocrite". Your goalposts keep moving and you can't wrote a cogent sentence to save your life, so pardon me if I missed any of your spurious claims that you refuse to back up by pretending you actually made *other* claims that you also can't clarify.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Additionally, you keep making claims that are factually false and easy to disprove. It's like you don't even know how to look shit up to see whether your half-baked mental masturbation is on track with reality before typing up your deep thoughts and posting them for people to make fun of.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm surprised you haven't flooded this conversation with zerohedge links.  :lulz:

Junkenstein

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 03:47:28 PM
I'm surprised you haven't flooded this conversation with zerohedge links.  :lulz:

Starting slow, expect breitbart or RT links first.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.