News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

WHERE'S YOUR GODWIN, NOW?

Started by Salty, November 17, 2016, 06:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Looks like we're on our way to being an alternate history!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 12, 2017, 11:57:56 PM
I'm ready to go steal a time machine and show them WHAT FOR.

Worst case scenario I get lost in a different shitty parallel universe.

Most likely scenario... I don't find a real time machine. But considering the shit floating around pretending to be facts and actually having an impact on reality what do I have to lose?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 12, 2017, 11:57:56 PM

From John Oliver's first show back:

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/13/14597200/john-oliver-trump-lies-last-week-tonight

Quote"Normally, we like to focus this part of the show on complex, depressing policy issues — something fun like CO2 emissions from hearses or space poverty or the proliferation of special-purpose taxing districts, a topic so boring you didn't even realize we literally already did that exact story last year," Oliver said on Sunday's Last Week Tonight. "And we want to keep doing those kind of things. But unfortunately we can't until we address something even bigger: the concept of reality itself."

As Oliver explained, one of the fundamental concepts of analyzing policy is agreeing on a very basic set of facts to start from. People can disagree on how to react to some of the facts, although the basic facts should remain largely uncontested. But Trump and his team don't meet that threshold — not even agreeing on the basic facts, whether the topic is terrorism or former President Barack Obama's birth certificate.

This can have dangerous consequences, Oliver said: "Real people get hurt when you make policy based on false information. Billions will get spent on a wall that won't work to prevent a crime wave that isn't happening, while refugees sit in dangerous situations to prevent Bowling Green–style massacres that never took place."
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

IPunchNazis

If TRUMP isn't NAZI then why is his last name DRUMPF. Because he doesn't want anyone to know!

He's blonde, blue-eyed aryan poster boy, anyone who can't see this is either retarded or on his side.

Salty

Quote from: IPunchNazis on February 21, 2017, 09:29:18 PM
If TRUMP isn't NAZI then why is his last name DRUMPF. Because he doesn't want anyone to know!

He's blonde, blue-eyed aryan poster boy, anyone who can't see this is either retarded or on his side.

:showus:

IPunchNazis

that's a funny monkey

a funky monkey

Salty

IPunchNazis

lol I am not a chimp, they can't type unless you put a billion of them in a room together, then they type shakespeare.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Guys, guys, you're ignoring a major distinction between Trump and Hitler. Hitler was elected.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Salty

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on March 04, 2017, 06:54:47 PM
Guys, guys, you're ignoring a major distinction between Trump and Hitler. Hitler was elected.

Salty

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Quote from: Salty on August 14, 2017, 06:27:21 AM
Oh, here he is.

http://gizmodo.com/godwin-of-godwins-law-by-all-means-compare-these-shi-1797807646

So that means everyone who voted for Trump is a Nazi, right? I thought we covered this the last time we all were happy to admit that actual, real Nazis were tangentially involved in the overall equation.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Pelvis Flirtini on August 15, 2017, 12:37:14 AM
Quote from: Salty on August 14, 2017, 06:27:21 AM
Oh, here he is.

http://gizmodo.com/godwin-of-godwins-law-by-all-means-compare-these-shi-1797807646

So that means everyone who voted for Trump is a Nazi, right? I thought we covered this the last time we all were happy to admit that actual, real Nazis were tangentially involved in the overall equation.

What the FUCK are you babbling about?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.