News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

WHERE'S YOUR GODWIN, NOW?

Started by Salty, November 17, 2016, 06:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 20, 2016, 04:42:54 PM
Hey, I'm not pro-Trump, I voted for Hillary, she's better than Trump no contest. Hell, even if it somehow turned out that she really did kill Vince Foster she'd still be better than Trump. I voted for her firm in the onowledge that even if against all odds all of these dubious conspiracy theories about her somehow turned out to be true even all of them together wouldn't make her a poorer choice than Donald Trump because Donald Trump is that poor of a choice. That doesn't make Trump a literal nazi or Hillary a good person.

Is there a phrase or a term for the need to make someone who is already awful seem even worse?
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Salty

Nope, no parallels here. Thank, again, Cain.

Quote"In the first case, the primary goal of eugenicists in the United States was to regulate the flow of immigrants through a new policy of selection. Integral to this was a fear not just of race-mixing but of political contamination – principally from east European immigrants harbouring revolutionary ideas. One of the principal targets of the proposed legislation was the 'swarm' of Polish Jews, whose cultural identity was considered alien to American traditions (Jackson and Weidman 2004: 115). This resulted in the Immigration Restriction Act of 1924, which ruled that all future immigration quotas be adjusted to match the existing racial profile of the country, privileging northern over eastern and southern Europeans." - Fascism and Political Theory, Daniel Woodley (2010)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You know, Ron Paul probably does have a point. Trump isn't really like Hitler so much as he is like Kim Jong Il. Same temperament, same bombastic rhetorical style, same fragile ego.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Same self-aggrandizement, insularity and xenophobia.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Speaking of wacky, paranoid, North Korean dictators, has Kim Jong Un negotiated a partnership with Trump yet? I'm pretty sure that's coming.

Freeky

Quote from: Vivat Alty on November 18, 2016, 05:48:20 AM
169% HITLER NOOB UP IN HERE!!!!!!!1!!!

-snerk- -snort-

Plus the Twelve Hitlers thing. 

Freeky

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on November 18, 2016, 10:07:55 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 05:57:47 AM
Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 18, 2016, 05:39:44 AM

Let me put it this way: Hitler is like the clitoris. You don't just go stampeding straight towards it and blow your load; you work your way down, slowly, with forethought and tenderness. Going zero-to-Hitler turns everyone else off unless you have literally the best argument anyone has ever come up with, because people are constantly comparing anyone they don't like to goddamned Hitler.

First of all, you don't know shit about my clitoris and should not fucking talk for everyone even if you aren't a Ron Paul sockpuppet and have a vagina.

Nigel's clitoris was bitten by a cobra and after five days of excruciating pain... the cobra died.

He who laughs last, laughs best. He who laughs at Nigel's clitoris, it's definitely his last laugh.

The easiest way to determine Nigel's clitoris's age is to cut it in half and count the rings

Nigel's clitoris doesn't dial the wrong number. You answered the wrong phone.

Nigel's clitoris knows Victoria's secret.

If Nigel's clitoris was a Spartan in the movie 300, the movie would be called 1.

When Nigel's clitoris swims in the ocean, the sharks are in a steel cage.

Nigel's clitoris will never have a heart attack. Nigel's heart isn't nearly foolish enough to attack it.

Nigel's clitoris once kicked a horse in the chin. Its descendants today are known as giraffes.

Nigel's clitoris doesn't breathe air. It holds air hostage.

Nigel's clitoris can delete the Recycling Bin.

Nigel's clitoris has already been to Mars. That's why there are no signs of life.

Nigel's clitoris can kill two stones with one bird.

Nigel's clitoris's calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2. No one fools Nigel's clitoris.

Nigel's clitoris wears sunglasses so that it's eyes won't hurt the sun.

If you see Nigel's clitoris crying it will grant you a wish, if your wish is dying.

When Nigel's clitoris works out it doesn't get stronger, the machine does.

Nigel's clitoris does not sleep; it waits.

:lulz:

Freeky

Quote from: LMNO on November 18, 2016, 06:04:07 PM
Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 18, 2016, 05:10:39 PM
More to the point has Trump said anything expansionist, especially any kind of stupid bullshit "well historically [insert foreign country or territory] already belongs to us" (although not limited to this). Most of what I've heard of him seems to be more isolationist.

Would it be of any concern to you that his picks for Foreign Policy advisors are hawkish expansionists?

Are they really?

This is terrifying.

Quote from: Freeky on November 21, 2016, 08:47:51 PM
Quote from: LMNO on November 18, 2016, 06:04:07 PM
Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 18, 2016, 05:10:39 PM
More to the point has Trump said anything expansionist, especially any kind of stupid bullshit "well historically [insert foreign country or territory] already belongs to us" (although not limited to this). Most of what I've heard of him seems to be more isolationist.

Would it be of any concern to you that his picks for Foreign Policy advisors are hawkish expansionists?

Are they really?

This is terrifying.

Word-of-mouth and you're already frightened.

This is how echo chambers work, folks.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Freeky

I don't keep up much with anything, having limited access to the internet, but I can usually count on people here being somewhat informed on things.  I asked LMNO "Are they really?" to confirm that it was a true statement, because I could believe it of Trump. 

Also, you're an assbag, please put me on your Ignore list, kthx.

Quote from: Freeky on November 21, 2016, 09:00:09 PM
I don't keep up much with anything, having limited access to the internet, but I can usually count on people here being somewhat informed on things.

Somewhat informed would be correct.

I asked LMNO "Are they really?" to confirm that it was a true statement, because I could believe it of Trump.

I'm sorry to come at you like I did, but I didn't criticize you for asking whether or not it was true, I criticized your response for immediately expressing fear... since fear - and how absolutely counter-productive it is - is the current prevailing topic.

The only people on my ignore list right now are people who want me to pay attention to them. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the knee-jerk low-stoop to sixth-grade name-calling. It's real cute.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on November 21, 2016, 09:00:09 PM
I don't keep up much with anything, having limited access to the internet, but I can usually count on people here being somewhat informed on things.  I asked LMNO "Are they really?" to confirm that it was a true statement, because I could believe it of Trump. 

If you reply to everything he posts by making fun of it, he'll put you on ignore.

Salty

It's kind of amazing how NOBODY on this forum is capable of fully understanding Ron Paul's chinagreenelvis' logic. Why is that we are ALL so incredibly stupid.