News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

WHERE'S YOUR GODWIN, NOW?

Started by Salty, November 17, 2016, 06:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on November 25, 2016, 04:55:20 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 25, 2016, 02:41:19 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on November 25, 2016, 09:41:35 AM
Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 25, 2016, 03:55:14 AM
Quote from: Freeky on November 25, 2016, 03:07:48 AM
Edit: change of heart

Too late, but good: if you're done, then I'm done. I'm tired of this.

Be civil to me, and I will be civil in return. Be nice to me, and I will be nice in return. Be an asshole to me, and I will be ten times the asshole in return.

Is this some kind of decimal take on wiccanism?

Unfunny Eric's Tenfold Law of being an asshole?

At least he identified the one thing he's good at.

Yeah, except that "asshole" doesn't quite do him justice.

Really? I think it's a slightly grander title than his insipidness deserves.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Dunno what else to call him, but asshole just isn't quite it.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Freeky on November 25, 2016, 05:41:41 PM
Dunno what else to call him, but asshole just isn't quite it.

Orifice Elvis?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Freeky

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Are these supposed to be insults? Because it really feels a lot more like handjobs.

"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 25, 2016, 09:26:38 PM
Are these supposed to be insults? Because it really feels a lot more like handjobs.

It's us trying to wring at least some amusement out of your presence. Real insults directed at you personally cost extra and in your case may require a considerable waiting period.

Here. Best I'm willing to do for you. Some schmuck left this laying around.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You really can't blame us; we're bored. Have you SEEN Facebook lately?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Salty

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 18, 2016, 04:58:21 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 18, 2016, 04:14:39 AM
This forum aside, have you really been unable to find essays or news articles that meaningfully compare Trump's rhetoric and policy proposals to Hitler?

You mean when I'm not experiencing massive "butthurt"?

I've found plenty of people trying to draw comparisons between Trump and Hitler. There's also about eight-years-worth of people who tried to convince the world that Obama was like Hitler.

None of it is or ever has been the least bit convincing. The only people who subscribe to this kind of stuff are wingbats, because wingbats don't tend to be critical thinkers.

And honestly: what's the fucking point? We don't have laws that say you can't be President if you remind people of Hitler. Congratulations, you think the President is a Nazi. That attitude doesn't do you the least bit of good - unless, of course, your goal is to be laughed out of every conversation you have that isn't in an echo chamber.

HUH, FUNNY STORY.

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/1/27/headlines/trump_orders_dhs_to_publish_weekly_list_of_crimes_by_undocumented_people
QuoteAuthor Andrea Pitzer, who is currently writing a book on Nazi concentration camps, points out Trump's proposed list recalls a Nazi Germany-era policy by which the Nazi Institute for Research on the Jewish Question kept files on crimes committed by Jews.

This dude is just a 20th century historian, so what does he know?
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/interrogation/2017/02/historian_richard_evans_says_trump_s_america_isn_t_exactly_like_the_third.html
QuoteIf you look at the language the Trump team has been using about Islamic extremist jihadis, it is exactly the same: They are an existential threat to America. They will defeat, dominate, and destroy America. That is a very extreme kind of language and a very disturbing echo.

I guess I COULD go on, but the getting laughed at is just too much to bear.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.