News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

The Swing of the Pendulum

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, November 20, 2016, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 23, 2016, 05:01:36 AM
Quote from: Pergamos on November 23, 2016, 04:54:34 AM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 23, 2016, 04:49:06 AM
Quote from: Pergamos on November 23, 2016, 04:19:22 AM
Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 23, 2016, 04:11:59 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 23, 2016, 12:57:56 AM
I don't rule anyone.

Unless the rest of us are able to "establish boundaries" and have those boundaries enforced, then this is false.

He's going to enforce his own boundary.  You are responsible for enforcing yours.  He has more powers than you do, certainly, but those don't make him a ruler.

Why do you guys play these stupid word games about whos in charge. "Ruler" is a pretty pretentious label for a forum moderator but its safe to say that hes in charge.

Because he's not the only mod.

Relatively though. Just because a cop isnt the only cop you wouldnt deny that, from the standpoint of a civilian, he is in charge.

I'd say he's more like a mall cop.

You don't have to come here.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 22, 2016, 08:01:08 PM
Quote from: LMNO on November 22, 2016, 07:14:42 PM
Also claims to be a Discordian for a decade.  I'm not sure where I'd put the average age when someone finds out about Discordia, but I'd lay a bet (I should stake one in Junk's thread) it's over 18, if not mid-20's.

I know a ton of people who discovered in in high school or shortly thereafter.

I was about 15-ish for Illuminatus, PD shortly thereafter. Ability to think around 20 years after that. Maybe.

In the spirit of ongoing thread splits, can this subject get split too? It's more interesting than the actual thread and I can't remember the last "how did you find it?" thread.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Xaz on November 23, 2016, 07:47:28 AM
I'd say he's more like a mall cop.

You don't have to come here.

It doesnt change the point. Why do you all have this strange aversion to admitting he has some kind of authority? This is literally the only place Ive ever gone where people wont just admit that a mod has some kind of power. Especially in the context of threatening someone if they dont stop doing something, kind of textbook moderator behavior.

Faust

Stop walking into obvious logic traps by arguing the point with him guys:
RP, yes he is in a position of authority. No you are not a second class citizen because you can't get your thread spit:

Roger is actively arguing with you so it wouldn't be clean for him to split your threads.

I will do it if you REALLY want me to, but I don't want to take an active role in moderating the forum, otherwise you could wait for Cain to get his internet back. Actually LMNO can do it too.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

MithridatesXXIII

Is it a pendulum or the sword of damocles

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 23, 2016, 10:54:55 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 22, 2016, 08:01:08 PM
Quote from: LMNO on November 22, 2016, 07:14:42 PM
Also claims to be a Discordian for a decade.  I'm not sure where I'd put the average age when someone finds out about Discordia, but I'd lay a bet (I should stake one in Junk's thread) it's over 18, if not mid-20's.

I know a ton of people who discovered in in high school or shortly thereafter.

I was about 15-ish for Illuminatus, PD shortly thereafter. Ability to think around 20 years after that. Maybe.

In the spirit of ongoing thread splits, can this subject get split too? It's more interesting than the actual thread and I can't remember the last "how did you find it?" thread.

This isnt your thread.

Quote from: Faust on November 23, 2016, 02:35:38 PM
Stop walking into obvious logic traps by arguing the point with him guys:
RP, yes he is in a position of authority. No you are not a second class citizen because you can't get your thread spit:

Roger is actively arguing with you so it wouldn't be clean for him to split your threads.

I will do it if you REALLY want me to, but I don't want to take an active role in moderating the forum, otherwise you could wait for Cain to get his internet back. Actually LMNO can do it too.

PMed LMNO he refuses to. I dont really see any point in saving those threads anyways. Whats the point of seriously discussing with people who have no interest in other viewpoints? Those threads were made in immediate aftermath of Trumps victory when it seemed like the left was actually ready to do some soul searching. Now its clear that SMART PEOPLEtm feel no need for serious reflection in face of absolute failure. Just look at what is passing for a "discussion" with these people right now.

"How do we call middle America racist, politely?"
"Surely if we riot more it will win voters"
"Lets just stick our heads in the sand and wait for them all to die"
"We should insult people who voted trump"
"They voted for trump because they hate our freedoms"

These people will go to their graves convinced they made no mistakes, through a 2018 loss to a 2020 loss and maybe onward. Because they have no interest in winning, they never did. Theyre LARPers. They "correct" people making badwrong jokes IRL. They go see the new Ghostbusters movie. And they screech about Trump being a Nazi as if their whining has some magic power to stop him. And theyre never going to give it up. Because LARPing is easier than winning. Why take the time and effort to win people to your side when you can just explain how theyre all Nazis and just automatically win the moral purity LARP? Theyre the special heroes of an epic story and their victory is Destiny. No matter how well the Villain fights or how many times the Heroes fuck up, again, and again, and again, the Heroes win. Because theyre the GOOD GUYStm

Which is why Im going to stick around here for a long time. Because even if there isnt any actual reasoning with these people, there is going to be a lot of fun watching people on the RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY realize theyre on the LOSING SIDE OF HISTORY.

LMNO

MithridatesXXIII

I told you before and I'll say it again RP. This "victory" is an expression of inherent human weakness. For you to celebrate it is stupidity.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 23, 2016, 03:07:55 PM
I told you before and I'll say it again RP. This "victory" is an expression of inherent human weakness. For you to celebrate it is stupidity.

I'm certain his chosen demons vehemently disagree. Reason has left his building.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

So winning is weakness now?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 23, 2016, 04:26:43 PM

What did you personally "win" exactly? In real terms if you can please.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

MithridatesXXIII

When pressing the button means winning crack to smoke, yes probably

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 23, 2016, 04:29:20 PM

The hope for a glorious Aryan Nation future.  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 23, 2016, 04:57:03 PM

The hope for a glorious Aryan Nation future.  :lol:

Wrought for them by means of their profoundly misguided "worship" of what may be in fact the baddest and certainly the  DARKEST  OF  AFRICAN  PRIMORDIAL   ENTITIES  complete with inaccurate syncromystic "cuck" puns and a stolen Pepememe to ritually abuse for power or whatever.

There's so many things that they got WRONG, and thus are funny , but that they don't seem to see how the joke is on them is just PRICELESS.

Watch the Potenticas turn that shit around on them... When the time is ripe. There's SO much more to the mysteries than just The Darkness after all. :)
:drama1:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Well for starters: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38059623

In less immediate terms this victory is a proof of concept. People with no advertising, no popular media support managed to influence a major election. We trolled a major political contendor into denouncing a cartoon frog. Our organizational structure vindicated. Despite numerous, increasingly severe twitter crackdowns we are undettered. Case in point Ricky Vaughn, a man with no PR department professional platform or budget managed to make it in MIT Medialab's list of the top election influencers: https://medium.com/mit-media-lab/who-s-influencing-election-2016-8bed68ddecc3#.50777ejtp

We went up against both the Republican and Democrat media machines and came out on top. And now that no one seems to have learned anything at all I expect 2018 and 2020 to be cakewalks.