News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

The Swing of the Pendulum

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, November 20, 2016, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MithridatesXXIII

Do you think the word disinformation was too much of a giveaway of RP's agenda?

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 22, 2016, 03:27:14 AM

I don't know?

I'm sold on the ecofascism campaign, though. Let's make it happen. Beats sitting around here and crying about the election and crying about the people crying about the election.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 22, 2016, 03:33:50 AM
Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 22, 2016, 03:27:14 AM

I don't know?

I'm sold on the ecofascism campaign, though. Let's make it happen. Beats sitting around here and crying about the election and crying about the people crying about the election.

Now it doesn't matter if you're actually RP or not.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

MithridatesXXIII

It was that or leave his post unedited and discredit RP which should have been the move

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 22, 2016, 03:25:54 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 22, 2016, 02:06:11 AM
I don't believe that this is RPspag. I don't have certain proof, but I REALLY can't say that I get the same vibe overall from posting style and other signs. That's not to say they're dissimilar overall, but...

Yeah, close enough for government wok.

Yeah... there's still the very serious question of where the "noob" got a link to the OM section.

Whoever it is is just here to take a shit all over the board. That much is indisputable.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 22, 2016, 03:47:17 AM
Yeah... there's still the very serious question of where the "noob" got a link to the OM section.

I explored the board? Like I was bitched at for supposedly not doing in the first place?

Whoever it is is just here to take a shit all over the board. That much is indisputable.

That's funny, I thought it was you guys who were here to take a shit all over my posts.

Can't we all learn to not get along?
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 22, 2016, 03:38:23 AM
It was that or leave his post unedited and discredit RP which should have been the move

I'm not really sure what you mean. I wasn't sure "disinformation" was the correct word to describe what would essentially be a joke, so I removed it. I'm constantly re-reading and re-editing my posts; I should use the "preview" button more often.

It's culture-jamming, essentially, but it's pretending to promote something you're actually against while making it look ridiculous. I guess it would only be disinformative if you expected people to take it seriously, but it would be so unthinkable that anyone could take it seriously that when someone actually does, it's even more hilarious.

"Sign up to be an Ecofascist TODAY! Because they can't destroy the earth if we leave it scorched!"

This is SubGenius-level stuff, guys. Why isn't it happening?
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It never fails to amuse when some kid shows up and is all "WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE DO SOMETHING IRL?"
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Like they never heard of KYFMS.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Nothing at this point will convince me that CGE isnt RP.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2016, 04:19:58 PM
Nothing at this point will convince me that CGE isnt RP.

Mmmm... yup. "Feels" different could just mean RP can roleplay pretty well or has actual alts running on his intentionally demon-haunted meat.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 22, 2016, 03:49:10 PM
It never fails to amuse when some kid shows up and is all "WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE DO SOMETHING IRL?"
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Like they never heard of KYFMS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Doesn't matter; they're functionally the same thing either way.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Ziegejunge

Beats sitting around here and crying about the election and crying about the people crying about the election.

It could be that I have my chronology confused, but wasn't your first post here titled "Protesters are assholes"? That seems oddly similar to "crying about the people crying about the election," but I guess the good news is that ecofascism is there to provide an alternate approach to saving humanity from themselves, eh?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ziegejunge on November 22, 2016, 06:18:31 PM
Beats sitting around here and crying about the election and crying about the people crying about the election.

It could be that I have my chronology confused, but wasn't your first post here titled "Protesters are assholes"? That seems oddly similar to "crying about the people crying about the election," but I guess the good news is that ecofascism is there to provide an alternate approach to saving humanity from themselves, eh?

Yes, because limiting the propagation of ideas in a crisis is beneficial.