Attempting to do something

Main Menu

The Swing of the Pendulum

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, November 20, 2016, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ziegejunge on November 22, 2016, 06:18:31 PM
Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 22, 2016, 03:33:50 AM
Beats sitting around here and crying about the election and crying about the people crying about the election.

It could be that I have my chronology confused, but wasn't your first post here titled "Protesters are assholes"? That seems oddly similar to "crying about the people crying about the election," but I guess the good news is that ecofascism is there to provide an alternate approach to saving humanity from themselves, eh?

Crying is pretty much the only thing he's done. :lol: That and accusing people of being paralyzed by fear.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 22, 2016, 03:49:10 PM
It never fails to amuse when some kid shows up and is all "WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE DO SOMETHING IRL?"
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Like they never heard of KYFMS.

I'm not sure he is a kid.  That it's a "he" and not a "she," or possibly a "they," is indisputable, but he reminds me a lot of the monkey's dad.  Self-centered, a lack of empathy (and proud of it), utterly convinced that he is not in the wrong, quick to loudly ignore and villify anyone who finds their repulsive ideas stupid and laughable.  These traits cross all demographics, of course, but they're more common among the older generations, I've noticed.

LMNO

Also claims to be a Discordian for a decade.  I'm not sure where I'd put the average age when someone finds out about Discordia, but I'd lay a bet (I should stake one in Junk's thread) it's over 18, if not mid-20's.

Freeky

Quote from: LMNO on November 22, 2016, 07:14:42 PM
Also claims to be a Discordian for a decade.  I'm not sure where I'd put the average age when someone finds out about Discordia, but I'd lay a bet (I should stake one in Junk's thread) it's over 18, if not mid-20's.

That too.  Is there a name for that?  I feel like that's an appeal to something or other, saying "I've been x for y, therefore I know more than you!"

Freeky

Also also, all this and then he claims he was lying when he wasn't here for friends, and the apology for his heel-digging came so late, it'll be amazing if he stays long enough to live it down.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Freeky on November 22, 2016, 07:23:51 PM

That too.  Is there a name for that?  I feel like that's an appeal to something or other, saying "I've been x for y, therefore I know more than you!"

It's a variation of appeal to authority, using experience/time as the metric.

Kind of like how most subcultures have older people shit on initiates because they're Old skool and these kids just didn't see the scene at it's height.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Freeky

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 22, 2016, 07:45:34 PM

Kind of like how most subcultures have older people shit on initiates because they're Old skool and these kids just didn't see the scene at it's height.

The Geezer Fallacy
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky on November 22, 2016, 06:49:02 PM
It never fails to amuse when some kid shows up and is all "WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE DO SOMETHING IRL?"

I'm not sure he is a kid.  That it's a "he" and not a "she," or possibly a "they," is indisputable, but he reminds me a lot of the monkey's dad.  Self-centered, a lack of empathy (and proud of it), utterly convinced that he is not in the wrong, quick to loudly ignore and villify anyone who finds their repulsive ideas stupid and laughable.  These traits cross all demographics, of course, but they're more common among the older generations, I've noticed.

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if he is some uneducated sheltered 30-something still stuck in the mentality of his early 20's. He clearly is under the impression that he's the only thinking person in a world of sheep, just like every other sheltered uneducated armchair political analyst.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I know a ton of people who discovered in in high school or shortly thereafter.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 22, 2016, 08:00:01 PM
Quote from: Freeky on November 22, 2016, 06:49:02 PM

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if he is some uneducated sheltered 30-something still stuck in the mentality of his early 20's. He clearly is under the impression that he's the only thinking person in a world of sheep, just like every other sheltered uneducated armchair political analyst.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 22, 2016, 07:57:08 PM

The Geezer Fallacy

#peestaineddentures

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on November 22, 2016, 08:58:14 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 22, 2016, 07:57:08 PM

The Geezer Fallacy

#peestaineddentures

This.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: LMNO on November 21, 2016, 02:33:14 AM
I'm really scared there's historical precedence that a government such as has been elected will pass legislation that will limit, roll back, limit, and prevent the human and civil rights of much of my friends and family.

I know right? Who the hell does Trump think he is, Obama?

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

>Im passed out for three days having fucked up fever dreams and meanwhile everyone is still butthurt about me

Trolling on auto-pilot. :lulz: