News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

The Swing of the Pendulum

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, November 20, 2016, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 22, 2016, 04:24:57 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2016, 04:19:58 PM
Nothing at this point will convince me that CGE isnt RP.

Mmmm... yup. "Feels" different could just mean RP can roleplay pretty well or has actual alts running on his intentionally demon-haunted meat.

You know you guys can actually visit my personal website by clicking the link in my signature, right? Or do a simple Google search for my username?

I didn't magically invent, what, thirteen years of an open-book Internet presence in order to fool a bunch of kids on a message board that I wasn't some random libertarian. And I certainly didn't create some random libertarian in order to... do what, exactly?

Fuck it. It's funnier if you think I'm actually someone else.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 22, 2016, 09:29:47 PM
>Im passed out for three days having fucked up fever dreams and meanwhile everyone is still butthurt about me

Trolling on auto-pilot. :lulz:

Shhhhh we're busy poking at Eric.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: Ziegejunge on November 22, 2016, 06:18:31 PM
Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 22, 2016, 03:33:50 AM
Beats sitting around here and crying about the election and crying about the people crying about the election.

It could be that I have my chronology confused, but wasn't your first post here titled "Protesters are assholes"? That seems oddly similar to "crying about the people crying about the election," but I guess the good news is that ecofascism is there to provide an alternate approach to saving humanity from themselves, eh?

Yes, I was referring to myself as well as the rest of you. That was the joke. Also part of my original point: we're all assholes, and the sooner we admit that, the sooner we can start cooperating.

I'm not sure what you're on about this ecofasism thing, still. Is it something you want to target or something you're accusing me of supporting?
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Quote from: LMNO on November 22, 2016, 07:14:42 PM
Also claims to be a Discordian for a decade.  I'm not sure where I'd put the average age when someone finds out about Discordia, but I'd lay a bet (I should stake one in Junk's thread) it's over 18, if not mid-20's.

Not that I need to defend my quasi-religious and philosophical beliefs, but if you took a look at my profile, you'd see that I'm 35. I found the original PD and the Illuminatus! trilogy in 2005, when I was 23/24.

Bring on the jokes about how I'm acting like a teenager. Because the rest of you are so terribly mature.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 22, 2016, 10:22:57 PM
Also claims to be a Discordian for a decade.  I'm not sure where I'd put the average age when someone finds out about Discordia, but I'd lay a bet (I should stake one in Junk's thread) it's over 18, if not mid-20's.

Not that I need to defend my quasi-religious and philosophical beliefs, but if you took a look at my profile, you'd see that I'm 35. I found the original PD and the Illuminatus! trilogy in 2005, when I was 23/24.

Bring on the jokes about how I'm acting like a teenager. Because the rest of you are so terribly mature.

:butthurt:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 22, 2016, 07:57:08 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on November 22, 2016, 07:45:34 PM
Quote from: Freeky on November 22, 2016, 07:23:51 PM

That too.  Is there a name for that?  I feel like that's an appeal to something or other, saying "I've been x for y, therefore I know more than you!"

It's a variation of appeal to authority, using experience/time as the metric.

Kind of like how most subcultures have older people shit on initiates because they're Old skool and these kids just didn't see the scene at it's height.

The Geezer Fallacy

I never once suggested that the number of years I've been a Discordian had any bearing on whether or not I think the rest of you are doing justice to Thornley and Hill's legacy. I pointed out how long I've been a Discordian because one of you jerkasses thought it would get you cool points to call me a n00b.

You guys sure love putting words in other people's mouths. I hope you at least have the courtesy to wash them off first.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2016, 10:24:39 PM
hey guys I found this cool new internet slang called butthurt if you use it a lot people like you
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

chinagreenelvis makes a good point

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 22, 2016, 11:03:12 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2016, 10:44:30 PM
Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 22, 2016, 10:39:43 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2016, 10:35:42 PM
Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 22, 2016, 10:30:45 PM
I am a convicted sex offender.

Really?

Yes, I forcibly penetrated your forum. And your hearts.

Go ahead and misquote me again.

:butthurt:

No, not really.  You and Freeky want to play games changing each others' text, knock yourself out.

Do it to me again, and I'll take a personal interest.