Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

The Swing of the Pendulum

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, November 20, 2016, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

PATRIOT act provisions
Rescinding executive orders
Hard right constitutionalist for 1, if not 2, Supreme Court picks
Budgetary discretionary measures; "states rights"

It amuses me you assume I don't know of which I speak.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 21, 2016, 10:19:49 PM
Quote from: Vivat Alty on November 21, 2016, 10:03:55 PM
:lol:

Awww. Is this whole Ron Paul sockpuppet butthurt ALLL because I did this very thing, posting a screenshot of him being on ignore?

That is the best thing I could possibly have hoped for. You're welcome for all the fun everybody.

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Quote from: LMNO on November 21, 2016, 11:35:59 PM
PATRIOT act provisions

Are you afraid of these things, or are you prepared to deal with them? Do you fully understand them? Do you understand the arguments that people make for and against them? Is there anything you can even do about them?

You're assuming that I'm assuming anything at all. You said it yourself: this isn't about you. I told you that if I had your concerns and your fears that those were the kinds of questions I'd ask myself.

But now that you mention it, I have no reason to think you know anything at all. Or that anyone here does. Including myself.

I know one thing: ideologues dislike epistemic dilemmas.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Quote from: Don Coyote on November 22, 2016, 01:33:08 AM

Awww. Is this whole Ron Paul sockpuppet butthurt ALLL because I did this very thing, posting a screenshot of him being on ignore?

That is the best thing I could possibly have hoped for. You're welcome for all the fun everybody.

Lay off the conspiritard juice, kids. You're embarrassing yourselves.

Also: is "butthurt" the only word these children know? You're culture-jamming your own forum. Welcome to the ignore list.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 22, 2016, 01:50:30 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on November 22, 2016, 01:33:08 AM

Lay off the conspiritard juice, kids. You're embarrassing yourselves.

Also: is "butthurt" the only word these children know? You're culture-jamming your own forum. Welcome to the ignore list.

Have you heard of eco-fascism before?

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 22, 2016, 01:53:52 AM

I honestly can't say that I have. What's up?
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 22, 2016, 01:56:07 AM

It's a promising movement. Fascism is the only way to ensure people will respect the environment and take action on climate change

The Wizard Joseph

I don't believe that this is RPspag. I don't have certain proof, but I REALLY can't say that I get the same vibe overall from posting style and other signs. That's not to say they're dissimilar overall, but...
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 22, 2016, 02:06:11 AM
I don't believe that this is RPspag. I don't have certain proof, but I REALLY can't say that I get the same vibe overall from posting style and other signs. That's not to say they're dissimilar overall, but...

IPs don't match, but one of the two IPs appears to be one of the big centers for cell phones.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 22, 2016, 01:41:31 AM
PATRIOT act provisions

Are you afraid of these things, or are you prepared to deal with them? Do you fully understand them? Do you understand the arguments that people make for and against them? Is there anything you can even do about them?

You're assuming that I'm assuming anything at all. You said it yourself: this isn't about you. I told you that if I had your concerns and your fears that those were the kinds of questions I'd ask myself.

But now that you mention it, I have no reason to think you know anything at all. Or that anyone here does. Including myself.

Have you ever wondered why you never get invited to parties?

It wouldn't be the first time I've unintentionally disrupted things in an online community with a dramatic entrance only to be accused of being someone else who came before me. You guys want to talk about ticking off Bingo boxes? If I was playing the "predictability game" with this place, I'd have won that Cuisinart five times over by now.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 22, 2016, 01:58:14 AM
Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 22, 2016, 01:56:07 AM

It's a promising movement. Fascism is the only way to ensure people will respect the environment and take action on climate change

Heh. Promoting that would be a great campaign. Has anyone made fliers?
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2016, 02:08:43 AM
Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 22, 2016, 01:41:31 AM
PATRIOT act provisions

Have you ever wondered why you never get invited to parties?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, close enough for government wok.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."