News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Welcome to the Hyperbolic Civil War

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, November 22, 2016, 03:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Cannons were loaded. Lasers were energized. Slingshots were pulled. Paper airplanes scribbled with insults were flung.

Facebook feeds would never be the same. Forty years from now, people will talk about the six-million who perished in the Defriendocaust. We're at the political forefront of a new kind of warfare. It's time to fight all this name-calling with even more name-calling! Vilify the voters! Polarize the politics! Marginalize the moderates!

:argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!:

I think I found something you lot can actually get behind.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

We had a public health policy meeting last night in which the speakers discussed how local clinics should prepare for the predicted gradual erosion of the ACA and the loss of health coverage for 600,000 people in my state.

People who think the effects of a Trump presidency are all hyperbole just aren't reality-based.

Many of the effects of casual racism -- the most common kind of racism, in which white folks aren't maliciously racist, just passively, uncaringly racist vis a vis being willing to vote for a platform based in racist hyperbole to get what they want -- will take the form of continuing to turn a blind eye to racial profiling and inequities in police violence. Programs that tend to benefit minorities will be cut, and white people won't notice so they will continue to claim that racism in the US isn't a problem.

We will gradually make our way toward the economic environment of the 1980's, which will make a lot of wealthier people very happy, and a lot of poorer people very unhappy. Lending will increase, interest rates will increase, spending will increase, the economy will be very flush, and a lot of people won't be able to make ends meet. Abortion will decrease, crime will increase.

I don't think that a Trump presidency will lead to civil war or the collapse of the union. I think that Trump really really wants to make America great again, and for him, greatness was the Reagan era. He'll set us back 30 years, is all, and roll back environmental protections that were inadequate anyway.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 22, 2016, 04:11:43 PM
We had a public health policy meeting last night in which the speakers discussed how local clinics should prepare for the predicted gradual erosion of the ACA and the loss of health coverage for 600,000 people in my state.

People who think the effects of a Trump presidency are all hyperbole just aren't reality-based.

Many of the effects of casual racism -- the most common kind of racism, in which white folks aren't maliciously racist, just passively, uncaringly racist vis a vis being willing to vote for a platform based in racist hyperbole to get what they want -- will take the form of continuing to turn a blind eye to racial profiling and inequities in police violence. Programs that tend to benefit minorities will be cut, and white people won't notice so they will continue to claim that racism in the US isn't a problem.

We will gradually make our way toward the economic environment of the 1980's, which will make a lot of wealthier people very happy, and a lot of poorer people very unhappy. Lending will increase, interest rates will increase, spending will increase, the economy will be very flush, and a lot of people won't be able to make ends meet. Abortion will decrease, crime will increase.

I don't think that a Trump presidency will lead to civil war or the collapse of the union. I think that Trump really really wants to make America great again, and for him, greatness was the Reagan era. He'll set us back 30 years, is all, and roll back environmental protections that were inadequate anyway.

bump
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Vanadium Gryllz

Clear and concise as usual. Thanks for sharing Nigel!
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Xaz on November 22, 2016, 04:35:59 PM

Clear and concise as usual. Thanks for sharing Nigel!

Thanks. :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 22, 2016, 04:25:46 PM

bump

It's a shame the speaker in the video wasn't saying exactly this instead of shouting "KKK" over and over again.

Anyway, I'm too busy going to fuck myself to really respond, other than that it's nice to see some actual discussion again. Thanks for sharing.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Quote from: Freeky on November 22, 2016, 06:39:07 PM
I'm jealous of the attention the new guy is getting. I'm going to go play in his ignore list for a while.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Just curious did they talk about the effects of any of his proposed health care policies or just getting rid of ACA?

~ Abrahaham Lincololn