News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/richard-spencer-speech-npi/508379/?utm_source=atlfbcomment

Quote"Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!"

That's how Richard B. Spencer saluted more than 200 attendees on Saturday, gathered at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, D.C., for the annual conference of the National Policy Institute, which describes itself as "an independent organization dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of  people of European descent in the United States, and around the world."

Spencer has popularized the term "alt-right" to describe the movement he leads. Spencer has said his dream is "a new society, an ethno-state that would be a gathering point for all Europeans," and has called for "peaceful ethnic cleansing."

For most of the day, a parade of speakers discussed their ideology in relatively anodyne terms, putting a presentable face on their agenda. But after dinner, when most journalists had already departed, Spencer rose and delivered a speech to his followers dripping with anti-Semitism, and leaving no doubt as to what he actually seeks. He referred to the mainstream media as "Lügenpresse," a term he said he was borrowing from "the original German"; the Nazis used the word to attack their critics in the press.

"America was until this past generation a white country designed for ourselves and our posterity," Spencer said. "It is our creation, it is our inheritance, and it belongs to us."   

The audience offered cheers, applause, and enthusiastic Nazi salutes.

For extra lulz keep in mind that Trump's appointed senior counselor is Steve Bannon, former CEO of alt-right Breitbart News. These people are his people. Even if he doesn't consider himself one of them, his job involved pandering to and producing propaganda for them.

Cainad (dec.)

Also, SNL totally has given the insular (mostly white) liberal crowd a big poke in the ribs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKOb-kmOgpI

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This guy is going to make it easy to laugh as the world burns.

http://time.com/4587069/donald-trump-pakistan-phone-call-nawaz-sharif/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter

QuoteThere are few foreign policy topics quite as complicated as the relationship between India and Pakistan, South Asia's nuclear-armed nemeses. Any world leader approaching the issue even obliquely must surely see the "Handle With Care" label from miles away, given the possibility of nuclear conflict.

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump, however, doesn't seem to have read the memo, injecting a pronounced element of uncertainty about the position of the world's only remaining superpower on this most complex of subjects in a call with the Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

Donald Trump spoke with Pakistan's Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif via phone Wednesday. According to a readout of the conversation from the Pakistani authorities, he apparently agreed to visit the country and said he was "ready and willing to play any role that you want me to play to address and find solutions to the outstanding problems." He reportedly added: "You are a terrific guy. You are doing amazing work which is visible in every way."

The hilarity of his hyperbole aside, Trump's intervention could have serious consequences for both regional and global stability.

Eater of Clowns

This is the way the worlds ends
not with a bang but with a "believe me it's going to be great"
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Junkenstein

Nice piece here:
http://valadilenne.tumblr.com/post/153048664118/ive-been-thinking-a-lot-about-the-meeting-between

Full thing:

QuoteI've been thinking a lot about the meeting between Trump and Obama at the White House, and here's the thing.
Obama used to be a law professor. This is key.
Law school is so, so different from college.
In college, everyone expects there to be a "syllabus day," kind of a grace period where they can show up and get the lay of the land, figure out the bare minimum that they can get away with, the TA gives everyone their office hours, there's an introductory lecture, and everybody leaves a few minutes early to go take a nap or something. You do the bullshit assignments, you say something in class now and then to get your participation check mark, and figure out how badly you can do on the final and still pass.
But see, in law school, all the methodologies you've spent the last 17 years operating under go out the window. Day one of law school is you being thrown into the deep end of the pool—you've had a homework assignment for two weeks now, and it's to read the first 200 pages of your casebook. And now it's you and the teacher (who is usually as smug as Alex Trebek) gauging and assessing what you managed to absorb while you skimmed through all those pages of reading so you could hurry up and get to the other 150 pages of reading for your next period class, in front of 50 people who are all smarter than you. And if you fuck up, or you didn't do the reading, you are at the mercies of not just the professor, but the silent satisfied judgment of your peers.
Law school is hard, and it will make you feel stupid and tongue-tied and like you don't know anything and can't form an argument—because you don't, and you can't. Everybody there has had a 4.0 since birth. Everybody there was the smartest kid in their class, and you're all rabidly competing for a sliver of a chance at something down the road. It's petty, and savage, fiercely entrenched in a culture of formalities and ceremony, and exactly like Washington DC.
Yesterday when I was driving home, the NPR reporter talking about the Oval Office meeting mentioned that Trump had thought it was going to be a "getting to know you" type meeting, but that he was surprised when Obama stretched their talk out to 90 minutes before sending him along to the Capitol building where he met with congressional leaders for more lengthy meetings and stuff he didn't want to do.
And he hasn't even gotten to the actual job yet.

So think about that as we go into this.
Trump walked into the Oval Office like a two-pump-chump freshman thinking it was syllabus day, and what he got was the first day of law school, and he hadn't done the reading like everyone else had, and Professor Obama decided to put him in the hot seat.
This was Obama's chance for the most perfect revenge that would never be picked up on as revenge at all. He was gracious, polite—everything he needed to be for a peaceful transition and a good review from the press. And that would continue when the doors were closed, because that's the key. Not a Come to Jesus meeting, oh no. If Obama were smart—and he is very smart—he would have treated Trump like an equal, and brought the discussion to a level that assumes far more of Trump than anyone has so far. Assumes that he's an adult who's been paying attention. Statistics, esoteric minutiae about the executive branch procedure, economic growth numbers, labor figures, domestic policies, countries Trump has never even heard of, shit that would never in a million years have been in Trump's campaign soundbites or digestible summaries.
No way to escape. No aides to remember any of it for him. Just the two of them.
Because that's what would strike a precise chill into Trump. The thundering realization that he's woefully unprepared for the hard, boring, thankless reality of this, and Obama's version of a smooth transition won't and shouldn't include remedial civics.
That's what I saw when they shook hands and Trump stared at the floor instead of looking back into Obama's face. He's just figured out how little he knows about any of this.
And that should give you a small glow of satisfaction, because after those meetings, Trump definitely has the 1L Terror Shits. In January, the night sweats and insomnia will show up, but for these first few weeks—nothing but diarrhea and self-doubt. 

My emphasis, it looks like a pretty dead on assessment of that first meeting.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 02, 2016, 09:29:44 PM
Nice piece here:
http://valadilenne.tumblr.com/post/153048664118/ive-been-thinking-a-lot-about-the-meeting-between

Full thing:

QuoteI've been thinking a lot about the meeting between Trump and Obama at the White House, and here's the thing.
Obama used to be a law professor. This is key.
Law school is so, so different from college.
In college, everyone expects there to be a "syllabus day," kind of a grace period where they can show up and get the lay of the land, figure out the bare minimum that they can get away with, the TA gives everyone their office hours, there's an introductory lecture, and everybody leaves a few minutes early to go take a nap or something. You do the bullshit assignments, you say something in class now and then to get your participation check mark, and figure out how badly you can do on the final and still pass.
But see, in law school, all the methodologies you've spent the last 17 years operating under go out the window. Day one of law school is you being thrown into the deep end of the pool—you've had a homework assignment for two weeks now, and it's to read the first 200 pages of your casebook. And now it's you and the teacher (who is usually as smug as Alex Trebek) gauging and assessing what you managed to absorb while you skimmed through all those pages of reading so you could hurry up and get to the other 150 pages of reading for your next period class, in front of 50 people who are all smarter than you. And if you fuck up, or you didn't do the reading, you are at the mercies of not just the professor, but the silent satisfied judgment of your peers.
Law school is hard, and it will make you feel stupid and tongue-tied and like you don't know anything and can't form an argument—because you don't, and you can't. Everybody there has had a 4.0 since birth. Everybody there was the smartest kid in their class, and you're all rabidly competing for a sliver of a chance at something down the road. It's petty, and savage, fiercely entrenched in a culture of formalities and ceremony, and exactly like Washington DC.
Yesterday when I was driving home, the NPR reporter talking about the Oval Office meeting mentioned that Trump had thought it was going to be a "getting to know you" type meeting, but that he was surprised when Obama stretched their talk out to 90 minutes before sending him along to the Capitol building where he met with congressional leaders for more lengthy meetings and stuff he didn't want to do.
And he hasn't even gotten to the actual job yet.

So think about that as we go into this.
Trump walked into the Oval Office like a two-pump-chump freshman thinking it was syllabus day, and what he got was the first day of law school, and he hadn't done the reading like everyone else had, and Professor Obama decided to put him in the hot seat.
This was Obama's chance for the most perfect revenge that would never be picked up on as revenge at all. He was gracious, polite—everything he needed to be for a peaceful transition and a good review from the press. And that would continue when the doors were closed, because that's the key. Not a Come to Jesus meeting, oh no. If Obama were smart—and he is very smart—he would have treated Trump like an equal, and brought the discussion to a level that assumes far more of Trump than anyone has so far. Assumes that he's an adult who's been paying attention. Statistics, esoteric minutiae about the executive branch procedure, economic growth numbers, labor figures, domestic policies, countries Trump has never even heard of, shit that would never in a million years have been in Trump's campaign soundbites or digestible summaries.
No way to escape. No aides to remember any of it for him. Just the two of them.
Because that's what would strike a precise chill into Trump. The thundering realization that he's woefully unprepared for the hard, boring, thankless reality of this, and Obama's version of a smooth transition won't and shouldn't include remedial civics.
That's what I saw when they shook hands and Trump stared at the floor instead of looking back into Obama's face. He's just figured out how little he knows about any of this.
And that should give you a small glow of satisfaction, because after those meetings, Trump definitely has the 1L Terror Shits. In January, the night sweats and insomnia will show up, but for these first few weeks—nothing but diarrhea and self-doubt. 

My emphasis, it looks like a pretty dead on assessment of that first meeting.

I haven't seen Trump smile since just before it became clear he was going to win.

In his meeting with Obama, he honestly looked like he wanted to die.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Considering the way the job ages you, it's a strong possibility he'll die in office. Possibly in the first year.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 02, 2016, 09:48:31 PM
Considering the way the job ages you, it's a strong possibility he'll die in office. Possibly in the first year.

It can't age him if he doesn't pay attention.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

I suspect he'll be forced to pay attention at some point. At the least the dreaded media is going to be attacking him on all fronts so he'll be paying attention to that, if nothing else. He already can't handle being the butt of SNL jokes and that's about as tame as it's going to get. 6 months in and he'll be trying to get rid of comedy directed at him in it's entirety. Probably using a "you MUST respect the dignity of the office" line.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 02, 2016, 08:46:39 PM
This is the way the worlds ends
not with a bang but with a "believe me it's going to be great"

The greatest ever! Of all time!

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 02, 2016, 10:25:01 PM
I suspect he'll be forced to pay attention at some point. At the least the dreaded media is going to be attacking him on all fronts so he'll be paying attention to that, if nothing else. He already can't handle being the butt of SNL jokes and that's about as tame as it's going to get. 6 months in and he'll be trying to get rid of comedy directed at him in it's entirety. Probably using a "you MUST respect the dignity of the office" line.

Why would he do that when his responses to comedy about him allow him to completely dominate the news cycle with a single tweet?