News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 09, 2018, 03:59:59 AM
He can probably borrow some from from David Clarke:

Oh, THAT fucking cunt.  IIRC, he's going to prison.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Cain

Yeah, that plane incident and follow up.  Once again, the Donald, clearly picking the best people.

In other news, WWIII nearly started in Syria a few days ago.  SAA (Syrian Arab Army) forces, using Russian "contractors" attacked a rebel command being "advised" by US troops, so the US retaliated...killing over 100 SAA soldiers and some of the Russians too.  Fortunately, Russia wanted such troops to be deniable for reason, and so is in little position to forcefully complain.

But what if Russian soldiers had been part of the attack?

And in other Russia news, the CIA are apparently buying stolen NSA data back from the Russians...and got a mysterious extra-helping of Trump data too!  How kind.   

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2018, 12:13:34 AM
Yeah, that plane incident and follow up.  Once again, the Donald, clearly picking the best people.

In other news, WWIII nearly started in Syria a few days ago.  SAA (Syrian Arab Army) forces, using Russian "contractors" attacked a rebel command being "advised" by US troops, so the US retaliated...killing over 100 SAA soldiers and some of the Russians too.  Fortunately, Russia wanted such troops to be deniable for reason, and so is in little position to forcefully complain.

But what if Russian soldiers had been part of the attack?

And in other Russia news, the CIA are apparently buying stolen NSA data back from the Russians...and got a mysterious extra-helping of Trump data too!  How kind.

I am reasonably certain that US and Russian troops could slaughter each other in carload lots, and it wouldn't lead to a general war.

Troops are fungible, and nuclear war harms actual assets.
Molon Lube

Cain

Yes, but that's assuming there are strategic thinkers on both sides.  I'm not convinced there are enough on either side any more.  Putin keeps stoking the Russian nationalist fires...dead Russian troops at the hands of the hated Americans would demand a response, which would have to be overwhelming both in other to succeed and to quieten Putin's nationalist critics who are waiting in the wings.  Trump wants to devolve decisions regarding small-yield nukes to battlefield commanders, so even if Trump himself doesn't want war with Russia, some idiot on the ground, likely of the "lets start fighting Iran and Hezbollah and Russia in Syria" variety will take the decision for him.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2018, 01:02:44 AM
Yes, but that's assuming there are strategic thinkers on both sides.  I'm not convinced there are enough on either side any more.  Putin keeps stoking the Russian nationalist fires...dead Russian troops at the hands of the hated Americans would demand a response, which would have to be overwhelming both in other to succeed and to quieten Putin's nationalist critics who are waiting in the wings.  Trump wants to devolve decisions regarding small-yield nukes to battlefield commanders, so even if Trump himself doesn't want war with Russia, some idiot on the ground, likely of the "lets start fighting Iran and Hezbollah and Russia in Syria" variety will take the decision for him.

Thing is, leaders aren't really interested in answering demands.  Putin does what Putin wants, and Trump does what Putin wants.

But yeah, local control of nukes is gonna be a festival.
Molon Lube

Cain

I meant demand in the sense of "would be required to do if he wants to stay in his job, and alive". The Russian far-right are especially prevalent in the military, and Russian paramilitaries returning from Ukraine, as well as the Russian Orthodox Church, and a lot of them don't like Putin already.  If Putin led it slide, there'd be serious repurcussions.  He'd look weak.  And Putin's reputation is all about how he's a strong leader...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2018, 01:35:51 AM
I meant demand in the sense of "would be required to do if he wants to stay in his job, and alive". The Russian far-right are especially prevalent in the military, and Russian paramilitaries returning from Ukraine, as well as the Russian Orthodox Church, and a lot of them don't like Putin already.  If Putin led it slide, there'd be serious repurcussions.  He'd look weak.  And Putin's reputation is all about how he's a strong leader...

You make an excellent point.  But Putin could also use the resulting chaos for a purge.  It would be a gamble, but nobody ever called him timid.
Molon Lube

Cain

True, I'm just not sure if that would go in his favour.

In other news, reading is still hard.  Who knew it could be so complicated?

QuoteFor much of the past year, President Trump has declined to participate in a practice followed by the past seven of his predecessors: He rarely if ever reads the President's Daily Brief, a document that lays out the most pressing information collected by U.S. intelligence agencies from hot spots around the world.

Trump has opted to rely on an oral briefing of select intelligence issues in the Oval Office rather than getting the full written document delivered to review separately each day, according to three people familiar with his briefings.

Reading the traditionally dense intelligence book is not Trump's preferred "style of learning," according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

You know this story is bullshit, because it implies Trump is capable of learning.

minuspace

It fills me with confidence that he'd still be allowed to read them in the first place.

Cain

Boom.  13 Russians indicted on meddling in the US election

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download

QuoteThe special counsel investigating Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election charged 13 Russian nationals and three Russian organizations on Friday with illegally trying to disrupt the American political process, including efforts designed to boost the presidential candidacy of Donald Trump and hurt that of his opponent, Hillary Clinton.

The indictment represents the first charges by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, for meddling in the 2016 presidential election — the fundamental crime that he was assigned to investigate.

In a 37-page indictment filed in United States District Court, Mr. Mueller said that the 13 individuals have conspired since 2014 to violate laws that prohibit foreigners from spending money to influence federal elections in the United States.

The indictment charges that the foreigners falsely posed as American citizens, stole identities and otherwise engaged in fraud and deceit in an effort to influence the U.S. political process, including the 2016 presidential race.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2018, 10:00:47 PM
True, I'm just not sure if that would go in his favour.

In other news, reading is still hard.  Who knew it could be so complicated?

QuoteFor much of the past year, President Trump has declined to participate in a practice followed by the past seven of his predecessors: He rarely if ever reads the President's Daily Brief, a document that lays out the most pressing information collected by U.S. intelligence agencies from hot spots around the world.

Trump has opted to rely on an oral briefing of select intelligence issues in the Oval Office rather than getting the full written document delivered to review separately each day, according to three people familiar with his briefings.

Reading the traditionally dense intelligence book is not Trump's preferred "style of learning," according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

You know this story is bullshit, because it implies Trump is capable of learning.

He learns, but at a negative rate
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

The Wizard Joseph

Samuel L Jackson is laying down the law on this one!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/samuel-l-jackson-shreds-apos-065954281.html

Makes a pretty good point though. Barely trained, armed teachers are not the solution. I don't know what it is but that ain't it.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Bruno

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 26, 2018, 12:28:56 AM

Makes a pretty good point though. Barely trained, armed teachers are not the solution. I don't know what it is but that ain't it.

Robo-Cop style hall monitors, obviously.

"Alexa, lay down suppressive fire."
Formerly something else...

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Emo Howard on February 26, 2018, 03:57:02 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 26, 2018, 12:28:56 AM

Robo-Cop style hall monitors, obviously.

"Alexa, lay down suppressive fire."
:lulz:....  :horrormirth:

There's no technical reason that can't happen.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

It occurred to me today that under the right circumstances Trump's wall could actually be beneficial. Hear me out:

We build trump's wall, and then connected to the ends of the wall we build two more walls extending north all the way to Canada. And then we build a fourth wall along the portion of the canadian border between these two walls. In this manner the red states are enclosed; by land at any rate.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago