News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Quote from: Emo Howard on October 29, 2018, 05:42:48 AM
By 2020, he'll have every MAGA hat wearing yokel patrolling the streets with assault weapons, and expecting the rest of us to be thankful.

Demanding our thanks, even. Or else.

This particular Bad Future is very close to home for me, because I currently live in the Killeen, TX area. I was, for a time, fearlessly walking the two miles to the nearest gas station on a semi regular basis. Now I'm genuinely scared to walk too far down the street.

Note that I walked through gang territory in Pittsburgh, the bad part of town in Butler, etc, for most of my life without fear. I was mugged only once, ever. 2AM, on foot, in the wrong side of the tracks was generally a good night for me, and that's not some kind of comparative statement.

White southern suburbia terrifies me in a way that the gang territories and the projects never, ever did. And you put the finger on precisely why.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Bruno

Quote from: nullified on October 29, 2018, 08:09:56 PM
By 2020, he'll have every MAGA hat wearing yokel patrolling the streets with assault weapons, and expecting the rest of us to be thankful.

This particular Bad Future is very close to home for me, because I currently live in the Killeen, TX area. I was, for a time, fearlessly walking the two miles to the nearest gas station on a semi regular basis. Now I'm genuinely scared to walk too far down the street.

Note that I walked through gang territory in Pittsburgh, the bad part of town in Butler, etc, for most of my life without fear. I was mugged only once, ever. 2AM, on foot, in the wrong side of the tracks was generally a good night for me, and that's not some kind of comparative statement.

White southern suburbia terrifies me in a way that the gang territories and the projects never, ever did. And you put the finger on precisely why.

Do you have self-appointed Citizens On Patrol looking for some Bad Hombres, or just a general attitude, and/or side-eye or... what makes you feel that way?

There is a nowhere Podunk town of maybe 3,000 people near me. After 9/11 people were patrolling the streets armed on horseback to protect the town from a possible Al Qaeda attack. I'm sure they were all having the time of their lives, and there there are plenty of people around here who would love to make that a permanent thing.
Formerly something else...

altered

Quote from: Emo Howard on October 30, 2018, 06:07:13 AM
Quote from: nullified on October 29, 2018, 08:09:56 PM

Do you have self-appointed Citizens On Patrol looking for some Bad Hombres, or just a general attitude, and/or side-eye or... what makes you feel that way?

There is a nowhere Podunk town of maybe 3,000 people near me. After 9/11 people were patrolling the streets armed on horseback to protect the town from a possible Al Qaeda attack. I'm sure they were all having the time of their lives, and there there are plenty of people around here who would love to make that a permanent thing.

Combination of general attitude (a kid was sent death threats by adults for being trans) and the nearest other town being Fort Hood. I get along with vets most of the time, but I am finding more and more reason to fear the military and those in it when I bump shoulders with them daily.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

I was in/around Killeen for 3 years.  It's not the minorities you have to worry about.

Same as Temple, TX.
Molon Lube

altered

That's what I thought.

EDIT: Should probably clarify I meant the above in a "ah, you have confirmed what I suspected" way.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 30, 2018, 09:07:07 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mueller-asks-fbi-to-probe-scheme-seeking-sexual-assault-dirt-on-him/ar-BBP7E25?ocid=spartanntp

Mueller isn't Al Franken, you will have to try harder.

This is hilarious. The last paragraph KILLED ME, just like Butkman was KILLED investigating conspiracy theories.

Cain

Getting owned by either of the Krassenstein brothers is a new low, even for Jacob Wohl.  It's like having your head flushed in the toilet by the school nerd.

I would've killed myself out of shame already.

altered

Context? I must have missed what you're referring to.

Cain

Hill Reporter was one of the first sites to break this story, and in particular the involvement of Jacob Wohl, 20 year old expert on capitalism, why liberal hipsters in coffee shops secretly support Trump, and generally being a gigantic cunt online.

Notice the byline.  The Krassenstein brothers are heros of #TheResistance, which is to say they're super active on Twitter and also pretty fucking annoying, though nowhere near as much as Jacob Wohl.  They also supplied hosting to a bunch of dodgy as fuck MLM schemes until they got told to stop it, and jumping the Trump resistance bandwagon seems their way to both rehabilitate their images and get some working capital again.

Cain

altered

It's pretty solid journalism, surprising given your description of them. They either hired an actual journalist to do the work, or they're putting in more effort than I'd expect for a simple PR move, even one attempting to right a sinking ship.

But yeah, that is pretty damned hilarious. Especially funny is the way the nutters acted like villains in an espionage thriller.

"You're in over your head. Drop this." If you ever have to send a message like that, you are the bad guy. Jesus fuck.

Doktor Howl

So that thing where they're sending 5200+ troops to deal with a refugee column?

Mattis & co have named it "Operation Faithful Patriot."

There are no good Trumpsters.  They are all scum.
Molon Lube

altered

This is definitely a fucking horror story.