News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 07, 2018, 08:22:48 PM
Well, the Acting Attorney General doesn't like Mueller much, but I believe a permanent replacement has to be approved by the Senate before they can interfere.  You may recall the Senate Republicans said there "would be hell to pay" if Sessions was fired...I don't know how much faith I put in their statements myself, so I wouldn't necessarily rely on that.

After last night, from this point forward, they are going to do whatever Trump tells them to do.
Molon Lube

altered

If they haven't already begun to yell and scream, they near certainly won't — save maybe a couple individuals who have no real impact (a la Flake, McCain, etc).

I can't see the Senate turning on Trump this late in the game, with as poor a playing field as they have for their own party as is. If they had an unquestionable win, I think they MIGHT clean up, but they did not.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

Well, the Acting Attorney General doesn't like Mueller much, but I believe a permanent replacement has to be approved by the Senate before they can interfere.

You might want to reconsider.

https://apple.news/AwegbHanFRjCZh4d8O9bang

EDIT: To be clear, this isn't saying you're wrong in a de jure sense. It's just noting we all haven't quite gotten used to the clear fact that the law isn't exactly stopping anyone in this administration from doing whatever the hell they want.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: LMNO on November 07, 2018, 07:36:49 PM
Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 07, 2018, 05:58:10 PM

Republicans<Libertarians<Democrats<Dead people, animals, major appliances, and the Green Party

My math skills might not be what they once were, but are you saying the Green Party is most preferable to you?

Technically a tie for first place between the Green Party, dead people, and inanimate objects
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 07, 2018, 09:08:02 PM
Quote from: LMNO on November 07, 2018, 07:36:49 PM
Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 07, 2018, 05:58:10 PM

Republicans<Libertarians<Democrats<Dead people, animals, major appliances, and the Green Party

My math skills might not be what they once were, but are you saying the Green Party is most preferable to you?

Technically a tie for first place between the Green Party, dead people, and inanimate objects

Eat a bag of dicks.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 07, 2018, 09:05:56 PM
Well, the Acting Attorney General doesn't like Mueller much, but I believe a permanent replacement has to be approved by the Senate before they can interfere.

EDIT: To be clear, this isn't saying you're wrong in a de jure sense. It's just noting we all haven't quite gotten used to the clear fact that the law isn't exactly stopping anyone in this administration from doing whatever the hell they want.

Very much this.  Trump now absolutely owns the republican party, the court is stacked, the senate is effectively deep red, and any kind of impeachment is going to die in the water.

Checks and balances are no longer a thing.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Bets on which position Hannity is going to be offered?  :lulz:
Molon Lube

altered

In theory, Trump could still potentially make a move so abhorrent that all the Republicans would rise up against him.

In theory.

In practice, if they didn't throw him out on his ass after Charlottesville or publicly labeling himself a nationalist, I can't think of anything he couldn't get away with, especially given he now owns every Republican ass in the same way that a person owns their pet dog.

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 07, 2018, 09:19:47 PM
Bets on which position Hannity is going to be offered?  :lulz:

The Trump administration runs on inverse meritocracy, so he'll get something particularly high level. Perhaps Attorney General.

I'm not joking.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Yeah, you're not wrong at all on that score.  I'm actually not sure what the legal position is on this, but it would not at all suprise me if they just ignored it entirely to do what they wanted.

Of course, there is another option too

Quote"So I could see a scenario where Jeff Sessions is replaced with a recess appointment," Whitaker said, "and that attorney general doesn't fire Bob Mueller, but he just reduces his budget to so low that his investigation grinds to almost a halt."

Who said that? Just the guy who is now Acting Attorney-General.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 07, 2018, 09:41:44 PM

Yeah, you're not wrong at all on that score.  I'm actually not sure what the legal position is on this, but it would not at all suprise me if they just ignored it entirely to do what they wanted.

Of course, there is another option too

Quote"So I could see a scenario where Jeff Sessions is replaced with a recess appointment," Whitaker said, "and that attorney general doesn't fire Bob Mueller, but he just reduces his budget to so low that his investigation grinds to almost a halt."

Who said that? Just the guy who is now Acting Attorney-General.

Yep.
Molon Lube

Cain

NBC's now reporting Rosenstein has been taken off the Mueller investigation

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 07, 2018, 09:47:08 PM
NBC's now reporting Rosenstein has been taken off the Mueller investigation

dun DUN DUNNNNNN
Molon Lube