News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 17, 2018, 08:45:35 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on December 17, 2018, 06:50:01 PM
You guys have probably exposed yourself to more Qanon stuff than I have. I've heard of them before, probably here, but this was the first of their propaganda I have listened to, and I have to say I found it pretty hilarious, but I think 13 minutes of listening to a guy do 4th grade math problems and turn them into sentences is probably just about my limit.

QAnon is crazytown, and crazytown is always the same.

Once you've gawked at the Flat Earth monument, and visited the Time Cube museum, there's nothing more to see.  Best to leave town before you catch brain parasites.

I generally find numerology too stupid to be funny.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 17, 2018, 08:48:17 PM
Posting to save for use elsewhere:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/4-main-takeaways-from-new-reports-on-russia's-2016-election-interference/ar-BBR5xVW?ocid=spartanntp

Also, Cain, how accurate do you find this to be?

All seems to fall in line with what is being reported elsewhere, in previous reports and based on my own experience.

They wanted to energize and enrage conservatives and depress the black vote presumably on the basis of increasing the turnout for Trump and decreasing it for Clinton.  And the techn companies turned a blind eye to what was happening because they were getting mad advertising revenue for it (paid in RUBLES in some cases) and then covered up how aware they were of the problem.

Bruno

Formerly something else...

LMNO

So, Trump's pulling troops out of Syria (or he tweeted he's doing it -- I realize there's a difference there).

This is oddly conflicting.  On one hand, I've never liked the way the US has handled the region, and so I... agree... with Trump...  Which makes me immediately want to say, "no, stay, it's probably a gift to Russia to leave." 

But then, a lot of Republicans I really don't trust on matters of foreign policy have loudly declared that the troops should stay, so I'm back to being pro-troop withdrawal.

Someone smarter than me, please help.

Con-troll

I can't claim to be smarter but I think this time around they should try shipping out all the gear and leaving the troops behind.
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

Cain

Troop withdrawal is not inherently terrible.

It's just Trump is completely fucking lying about why he's doing it, which should make you suspicious as fuck about his motives.

He claims ISIS is defeated (it's not) and that Iran and Russia will hate seeing him go (they won't) because they will have to fight ISIS (the aforementioned "defeated" group) without US help.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on December 20, 2018, 04:56:25 PM

He claims ISIS is defeated (it's not) and that Iran and Russia will hate seeing him go (they won't) because they will have to fight ISIS (the aforementioned "defeated" group) without US help.

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

The market is falling in a rather alarming way.
Molon Lube

Cain

something something trade wars are easy to win.

Also concerns over US oil production and declining returns having weird market impacts.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on December 20, 2018, 06:55:27 PM
something something trade wars are easy to win.

Also concerns over US oil production and declining returns having weird market impacts.

The kicker seems to have been dumbass stating he will not sign any deals to keep the government running.

The correction itself is on-going, and accounts for about 325 points of the drop.  The remaining 135 points happened when the big orange colostomy bag ran his mouth.
Molon Lube

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

So not only a complete withdrawal from Syria, but also Afghanistan AND Mattis is out.

Looks like Trump is going for some kind of "how much crazy shit can I do during the lame duck session" record

Faust

I think I approve of the withdrawl, but knowing him he will find some way to fuck it up.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on December 21, 2018, 02:16:52 PM
I think I approve of the withdrawl, but knowing him he will find some way to fuck it up.

There's gonna be some stank under the surface.  169% guaranteed.
Molon Lube