News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 04, 2019, 01:25:59 AM
AND congress just subpoenaed the IRS for Trump's tax returns.

Trump:  "I'm still being audited."

Nadler:  "Bitch I didn't ask you."

Incidentally, he's been saying he's being audited for what, three years now? How the hell long does an IRS audit take, anyway?

Yes, I know he's lying.  I'm just curious about how implausible it's getting.

Cain

Well, that's where this question gets fun:

QuoteIn a majority of cases, the IRS would wrap up their tax audit within one year. Even though the agency has up to three years to audit a tax return, the IRS prefers to conclude audits before the expiration of the statute of limitations.

In fact, according to the IRS training guide, IRS agents have to "strictly adhere to" the relevant guideline to close tax audits within a period of 26 months after the date of filing or due date of the return, whichever is later.

QuoteIn fewer cases where tax fraud or misreporting is involved, the agency does not have to comply with the statute of limitations. So, if there is a huge amount of unreported income, then the statute of limitations is 6 years. However, the IRS seldom goes into a tax audit assuming this extended statute of six years.

The agency assumes that 3 years is the limit, and auditors would usually work to conclude their audit within this timeline.

LMNO

Huh.  So he's either lying, or they've caught some really big stuff.  Thanks for the info, Cain!

Cain

The best part will be when someone pays attention and asks him about it.

Someone needs to date when he first said he was being audited and then nail him with this, to see how he reacts.

LMNO

Ok, I think he may have some wiggle room here.

According to CNN, he's said on Feb 25, 2016 that he's been audited every year since 2002.

Sounds like bullshit, but if you apply the "3 year rule" Cain posted above, the latest we'd be able to see right now is about 2015, I think?

altered

Quote from: LMNO on April 04, 2019, 08:47:14 PM

According to CNN, he's said on Feb 25, 2016 that he's been audited every year since 2002.

Sounds like bullshit, but if you apply the "3 year rule" Cain posted above, the latest we'd be able to see right now is about 2015, I think?

Would like to note that 2009 is probably interesting, since on the date in 2016 you mentioned, he said it was /still/ being audited. :lulz: So you want to ask him the latest tax returns he can release first so you can corner him properly.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: LMNO on April 04, 2019, 08:47:14 PM

Sounds like bullshit
The suspicious part is him not being nailed for something big enough to nail him yet. I could totally buy that he;s committed tax fraud every year since 2002
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Fujikoma

I think this is all normal for a magnificent, if thoroughly evil and intolerable bastard.

altered

Someone else field this shit, seeing "magnificent" in the same legal territory as Trump makes me shit blood and vomit small birds with a taste for tears of agony.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on April 05, 2019, 12:14:07 AM
Someone else field this shit, seeing "magnificent" in the same legal territory as Trump makes me shit blood and vomit small birds with a taste for tears of agony.

Yeah, this.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Fujikoma on April 05, 2019, 12:08:58 AM
I think this is all normal for a magnificent, if thoroughly evil and intolerable bastard.

A thunderstorm is magnificent.  An avalanche is magnificent.  A hurricane is magnificent.

But Trump is not a force of nature.  He is pollution.  He is a leaky tailings pond and cesspool combined, with an misshapen mass of mercury soaked ordure floating in the center.  Disastrous, dangerous, horrifying, disgusting.  But not magnificent.

Not unless you set it on fire.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

Thanks.

Though the problem with calling it magnificent after it's been set aflame is that it stinks everything the fuck up.

Fujikoma

Would be nice to set it aflame. I agree, it is thoroughly demonic, an abomination to organic life. Shit, just, look at those tiny hands... Don't see this happening, although it would be nice to see the FBI bust the actual criminals for once, especially with fire, that shit would be awsome.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: nullified on April 05, 2019, 01:20:25 AM
Thanks.

Though the problem with calling it magnificent after it's been set aflame is that it stinks everything the fuck up.

You were never going to get out of this without some collateral damage.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

Oh sure, I just feel like the stink overshadows the spectacle.

Maybe we can bury them all before they get set aflame, for that real coal mine fire experience. It wouldn't be magnificent, but it'd make a great American counterpart to those Thai hell-parks.