News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Fujikoma

According to Karl Rove, on Fox and Friends... Rove seems to think Bernie Sanders can beat Trump. While I personally think he's correct there, I have to wonder as to the underlying motivation. Is he giving his honest opinion? Or is he trying to sway the democratic party from nominating a potentially more-viable candidate? I'm unsure. (admittedly, I would love to see Bernie win, but to end this disaster of a presidency, the Democrats have to run the most electable candidate. I'm unfortunately not sure Bernie is the most electable candidate. Can he beat Trump? Sure, but potentially so could a shoe. No chances can be taken, so it leaves me with an unfortunate conundrum)

I just dislike how it always comes down to "the lesser of two evils", typically.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

No, but it does illustrate that the President is a gigantic man-child.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Fujikoma on April 20, 2019, 08:13:29 AM
According to Karl Rove, on Fox and Friends... Rove seems to think Bernie Sanders can beat Trump. While I personally think he's correct there, I have to wonder as to the underlying motivation. Is he giving his honest opinion? Or is he trying to sway the democratic party from nominating a potentially more-viable candidate? I'm unsure. (admittedly, I would love to see Bernie win, but to end this disaster of a presidency, the Democrats have to run the most electable candidate. I'm unfortunately not sure Bernie is the most electable candidate. Can he beat Trump? Sure, but potentially so could a shoe. No chances can be taken, so it leaves me with an unfortunate conundrum)

He's already way more electable than our last candidate due to the fact that the Republicans haven;t been running a continuous smear campaign against him for the past four years, unlike Hillary Clinton; If he wins he primary again he'll only have to face the usual amount of mudslinging. Also, the most likely way that Bernie would become the Democratic Party's candidate is by winning the Dempcratic primary; This will endear him to Democratic voters in stark contrast to the previous candidate who lost the primary but then was installed by the superdelegates in an ironic foreshadowing of their own later loss of the presidency on a technicality.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on April 21, 2019, 02:08:50 AM
Quote from: Fujikoma on April 20, 2019, 08:13:29 AM

He's already way more electable than our last candidate due to the fact that the Republicans haven;t been running a continuous smear campaign against him for the past four years, unlike Hillary Clinton; If he wins he primary again he'll only have to face the usual amount of mudslinging. Also, the most likely way that Bernie would become the Democratic Party's candidate is by winning the Dempcratic primary; This will endear him to Democratic voters in stark contrast to the previous candidate who lost the primary but then was installed by the superdelegates in an ironic foreshadowing of their own later loss of the presidency on a technicality.

:lulz:

Of COURSE you're a bro.  Shut the fuck up.

:lulz:
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quotethe previous candidate who lost the primary

She lost with 3.7 million more votes?

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Damn.

I just checked and you're right.

I've been taken in
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Cain

Well, credit for checking and admission of fault.

I would have to check this, but by pretty much every metric and way of determining the winner, Clinton would have won except by a superdelegate coup in favour of Sanders.  I'm not 100% on this, but if the Democrats used, say, the Republican method, or removed superdelegates altogether, or did it state by state with a weighting system based on population. I believe the outcome would be the same.

Don't get me wrong, Sanders did really surprisingly well in places. But his supporters combined the worst aspects of Ron Paulism and Obamaism in one extremely annoying and misleading package.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Doktor Howl

Watching Barr collapse in front if the senate.  :popcorn:
Molon Lube

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

I watched maybe 40% of the testimony. I feel kinda frustrated, mainly because I have zero faith that anything will come of it. Rule of law is dead, truth is dead, time to hop on your motorcycle and start taking people's sandwiches.

Also File Under: News Stories that Highlight the Structure of the System
I keep seeing headlines pop up about Sen. Mazie Hirono calling out Barr and demanding his resignation. It's another one of these places where "breaking news" is fuckin awful. Her Q&A was actually one of the least substantitive parts of the whole hearing -- she didn't ask any real questions, she just opined on what a shitheel he is. I guess there's some value in saying the emperor has no clothes, but it didn't actually do any damage. But it made for a lot of great soundbites, which feels like news to reporters.

All these ancient senators struggling to land a hit... reminded me of the Zuckerberg testimony. Mainly, a lot of grandstanding with little real force behind it. Occasionally, one of the younger senators manages to tease out an actual pressure point, but it's hard to see if any of it will penetrate armor.

I'll be real curious to follow the upcoming Mueller hearing. He has much more public credibility than Barr.

but mainly, it just feels bleak... I am pretty sure at this point that impeachment is a non-starter, all we're doing at this stage is hoping to demolish the reelection campaign.

Cain

I think the idea here is to get the impeachment ball rolling, to make the Republicans own Trump.

The House would likely pass it. Then Senate Republicans are faced with a choice. They will vote it down, but in doing so, they tie themselves to Trump. And many of them are up for election next year. The attack ads write themelves. Flip the Senate and it doesn't matter who wins the 2020 election.