News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

I had sort of heard of Brown while growing up, but had no idea what it was. I figured it was something obscure and technical. Because, I mean, how the fuck would people get away with, say, just as a completely random example, openly wanting something like segregated schools again, right? Surely it couldn't be that. Their political foes would burn them at the stake and be enshrined as demigods for it, right?

I was a sheltered kid. As I think I said before, I genuinely believed racism wasn't a thing anymore until I was just about 20.

The past couple years have ensured that I know better and any time I hear Brown brought up in a negative light I know I can safely write whoever that was off. Not worth my consideration or respect. Throw them in front of a road paver.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 24, 2019, 05:00:22 AM
Quote from: Juana on May 23, 2019, 08:48:16 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 23, 2019, 08:16:26 PM
Quote from: Juana on May 23, 2019, 06:22:15 PM
Trump seeks to slash $8.5 billion from Education Department budget

you know what after school programs do? they keep kids out of trouble and away from the welcoming arms of gangs. teacher training is vital for proficiency; teaching is a fucking art and it takes a long time to master. grants allow schools to fulfill their individual needs so they can best serve their kids - cookie cutter budgeting fucks up schools.

do you know how many cool programs my district has, likely because of grants? they have magnet schools for everything from the performing arts to architecture to law to an international baccalaureate program. how many schools are going to lose programs that were the only think keeping some students from dropping out? how many are going to be unable to support their kids in other ways? (do not even get me started on private grants, especially from silicon valley and their ilk. our classrooms are not bill gates's personal fucking laboratory).

this isn't going to get through the house, probably, but i'm still filled with rage-bitter-mirth. the mask - which was wet tissue paper to start with - is off.

None of that serves the school- prison/military pipeline.
you're preaching to the choir, lol. plus devos and her filthy ilk are heavily invested in charter/private schools and it's in their best interests for schools to fail from that perspective.

All of that shit started with the insane butthurt over Brown v Board of Education.  Pisses me off.
yeeeeep. same hat, as the children say. i don't reckon this bill is going to to make it through the house but that this bullshit is even being proposed is monstrous.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

Reminder: I am transgender, terminally homeless, and most often in middling to poor health.

https://apple.news/AxmbCj2SmQUGPryvwuGpkaQ

Presented without other comment.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: nullified on May 24, 2019, 06:50:15 AM
I had sort of heard of Brown while growing up, but had no idea what it was. I figured it was something obscure and technical. Because, I mean, how the fuck would people get away with, say, just as a completely random example, openly wanting something like segregated schools again, right? Surely it couldn't be that. Their political foes would burn them at the stake and be enshrined as demigods for it, right?

I was a sheltered kid. As I think I said before, I genuinely believed racism wasn't a thing anymore until I was just about 20.

Racism is like a villain from a horror movie. It's dead in some senses, but it refuses to pass on, instead remaining on earth to plague those who still live. And every time it seems to be defeated there's one more sequel.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

I see Nadler wimped out on the Barr contempt thing.   :kingmeh:
Molon Lube

Cain

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Yup.

Kim Jong-Un's half brother, the one who got a face full of VX in an airport, was reportedly a CIA source.

Trump says he wouldn't violate Kim Jong-Un's trust like that, because Kim wrote him "a beautiful letter".

Edit: he was killed shortly after Trump became President. So this isn't a denial, it's a "Obama was bad for spying on you" statement.

Cain

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on June 11, 2019, 11:43:26 PM
Yup.

Kim Jong-Un's half brother, the one who got a face full of VX in an airport, was reportedly a CIA source.

Trump says he wouldn't violate Kim Jong-Un's trust like that, because Kim wrote him "a beautiful letter".

Edit: he was killed shortly after Trump became President. So this isn't a denial, it's a "Obama was bad for spying on you" statement.

You know damn well Trump gave him up.
Molon Lube

Cain

There's a few timeline discrepancies that would suggest against that, but it wouldn't be out of character (the US turning a blind eye to the murder of Khasoggi) and a failure to even remotely care about protecting US sources is damning enough on its own.

I wouldn't sell info the CIA, right now. Maybe MI6 or the Canadians, but definitely not the CIA. Between Barr's pending investigation and this and the Israeli intel incident, I couldn't trust that I wouldn't die as a consequence.

Cain

President "NO COLLUSION" Trump on taking information from foreign governments on his political enemies:

"I think I'd take it."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Translation: "I'll do anything I want right out in the open and nobody can do a fucking thing."

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Quote from: kiss my axe on June 13, 2019, 01:23:32 AM
Translation: "I'll do anything I want right out in the open and nobody can do a fucking thing."

Spot on.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, Nadler punted yesterday, and the Big Orange Piss Baby spent today more or less inviting foreign nations to fuck with our next election.
Molon Lube