General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frontside Back

Quote from: The Johnny on August 26, 2019, 11:14:52 PM
Quote from: Frontside Back on August 26, 2019, 07:04:00 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 26, 2019, 06:53:30 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 26, 2019, 06:03:09 PM
I can't think of anything that could go wrong with a radioactive hurricane.

The current apocalypse scenarios were rather dull. Climate change? A yawn. Iran/Pakistan? Too complicated with difficult names.

However, throw a few nukes at anything and it becomes much more entertaining. Just wait until this is proposed to deal with tsunamis. Or flooding.

Or Mexico.

We can always use nuclear winter to offset the global warming so there's nothing to worry about.

Well, we do have a problem with overpopulation and too much heat down here... how bad could a little bit of nuclear winter really be?

Sufficiently cold nuclear winter might even make the people evaporated from the blasts become solid again.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Doktor Howl

The current apocalypse scenarios were rather dull. Climate change? A yawn. Iran/Pakistan? Too complicated with difficult names.

However, throw a few nukes at anything and it becomes much more entertaining. Just wait until this is proposed to deal with tsunamis. Or flooding.

Or Mexico.

We can always use nuclear winter to offset the global warming so there's nothing to worry about.

Well, we do have a problem with overpopulation and too much heat down here... how bad could a little bit of nuclear winter really be?

It's going to get very cold without nukes.

Save them for the Galactic Space Federation assholes.  Fuckin' space hippies.  :crankey:
Molon Lube

Pergamos

Junkenstien

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 26, 2019, 11:57:13 PM

Or Mexico.

Save them for the Galactic Space Federation assholes.  Fuckin' space hippies.  :crankey:

Not nearly serious enough about a good time here.

The obvious path to maximum fun would be to join. Then bitch about it for a decade or so.

You see where I'm going here, it's a brexit joke and I can't really be fucked to write a good one.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pergamos on August 27, 2019, 05:43:57 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 26, 2019, 06:07:22 PM
https://www.apnews.com/6482bb8522ef427c8dba0d117327f1b2

Annnnnd then the East coast fisheries are fucked.

That seems like it could be good for Lobster populations.

The lobster populations are fine.  You can't use catch-all nets on them.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstien on August 27, 2019, 07:38:20 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 26, 2019, 11:57:13 PM

Or Mexico.

Not nearly serious enough about a good time here.

The obvious path to maximum fun would be to join. Then bitch about it for a decade or so.

You see where I'm going here, it's a brexit joke and I can't really be fucked to write a good one.

That would require allowing Boris Johnson to write again, and I don't think it's worth it.
Molon Lube

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a lot more stuff like this. Between tariffs on our side raising prices and tariffs on China's side reducing business we should already be in a recession
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on August 28, 2019, 04:20:43 PM

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a lot more stuff like this. Between tariffs on our side raising prices and tariffs on China's side reducing business we should already be in a recession

There has been.  Our entire farming industry is in the shitter, and aluminum is expensive as hell.  Have you not been paying attention?
Molon Lube

altered

Its PDS, so the answer is no.

Meanwhile, I have one eye on stocks and one eye on housing, and my eyes actually fucking function, so I'm seeing it in real time. It's mindblowing that the news isn't screaming about it yet.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on August 28, 2019, 07:22:32 PM
Its PDS, so the answer is no.

Meanwhile, I have one eye on stocks and one eye on housing, and my eyes actually fucking function, so I'm seeing it in real time. It's mindblowing that the news isn't screaming about it yet.

I was hollering about this in 2006, for the same reason.  Nobody listened then, either.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I mean, loads of people HERE listened, but most of them were paying attention themselves ANYWAY.
Molon Lube

altered

Oh, goodie, so we have two years of continual decline to look forward to until the media catches up with everyone else. Because that recession "officially" didn't start until 2008, you see.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Juana

President Trump Tweets Sensitive Surveillance Image of Iran

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/30/755994591/president-trump-tweets-sensitive-surveillance-image-of-iran?

QuotePresident Trump has tweeted what experts say is almost certainly an image from a classified satellite or drone, showing the aftermath of an accident at an Iranian space facility.

"The United States of America was not involved in the catastrophic accident during final launch preparations for the Safir [Space Launch Vehicle] Launch at Semnan Launch Site One in Iran," the president said in a tweet that accompanied the image on Friday. "I wish Iran best wishes and good luck in determining what happened at Site One."
:lulz:  :horrormirth:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on August 30, 2019, 09:45:22 PM
President Trump Tweets Sensitive Surveillance Image of Iran

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/30/755994591/president-trump-tweets-sensitive-surveillance-image-of-iran?

QuotePresident Trump has tweeted what experts say is almost certainly an image from a classified satellite or drone, showing the aftermath of an accident at an Iranian space facility.

"The United States of America was not involved in the catastrophic accident during final launch preparations for the Safir [Space Launch Vehicle] Launch at Semnan Launch Site One in Iran," the president said in a tweet that accompanied the image on Friday. "I wish Iran best wishes and good luck in determining what happened at Site One."
:lulz:  :horrormirth:

What's really funny is that it is perfectly legal for him to do so.   :lulz:
Molon Lube