News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

From some of the reports, Turkey has been giving the white phosphorous to its proxy forces, the so-called "Turkish Free Syrian Army". Perhaps improper handling?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 19, 2019, 09:40:11 AM
From some of the reports, Turkey has been giving the white phosphorous to its proxy forces, the so-called "Turkish Free Syrian Army". Perhaps improper handling?

Could also be that the kid just got lucky.  Strong wind, maybe.  Blows it over and past the kid in a flash, he doesn't manage to inhale any.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Looks like Canada is about to elect their own nationalist idiot Trump clone.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/canada-election-results-live-exit-polls-close-trudeau-scheer-vote-candidates-latest-updates-a9165086.html

QuoteDuring a campaign rally in Ontario over the weekend, Andrew Scheer promised the crowd he would "hold a judicial inquiry into his scandal to get to the bottom of what he's done" if he is elected, referring to the SNC-Lavalin case that has clouded Trudeau's presidency. In response to the pledge, the audience chanted "Lock him up! Lock him up!"
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Nobody seems to know what Trump was talking about.

https://apnews.com/98cb4ab6e6dd4c4c934d5727741ff64b

Quote"We've had tremendous success I think over the last couple of days," Trump declared Friday. He added that "we've taken control of the oil in the Middle East" -- a claim that seemed disconnected from any known development there.

He made the assertion twice Friday, but other U.S. officials were unable to explain what he meant.

He means his boss, Putin, has taken control of the oil.
Molon Lube

Cain

There was a proposal about having US troops provide security at oil fields in eastern Syria.

You know, the ones that were previously being guarded by Syrian Kurds. Who then left to fight Turkey.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 21, 2019, 08:05:20 PM
There was a proposal about having US troops provide security at oil fields in eastern Syria.

You know, the ones that were previously being guarded by Syrian Kurds. Who then left to fight Turkey.

Apparently that is in fact happening.
Molon Lube

Cain

So, these are the same troops Trump is "bringing home", right?

Who knew so many US soldiers came from eastern Syria and western Iraq?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 21, 2019, 08:50:29 PM
So, these are the same troops Trump is "bringing home", right?

Who knew so many US soldiers came from eastern Syria and western Iraq?

They are still on Northern Syria, way the fuck up by Turkey, with people blocking them in towns and throwing potatoes at them.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, the tone of the protests seems to be "We love the US, but Trump betrayed us." 

Poor naive fools.  Trump IS America.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Taylor testifying.

https://www.apnews.com/76cf13f7c6874fe1a08a2f7f848903ee

QuoteIn texts a week later to Sondland and special envoy Kurt Volker, Taylor expressed increased alarm, calling it "crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign."

He said not giving the military aid to Ukraine would be his "nightmare" scenario because it sends the wrong message to both Kyiv and Moscow. "The Russians love it. (And I quit)."

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

QuoteWASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump lashed out Monday at critics who prompted him to move next year's Group of Seven summit from his private golf club in Florida, claiming he would have hosted it for free and now it will end up costing taxpayers "a fortune."

Speaking at a Cabinet meeting, Trump said it would have been the greatest G-7 ever if held at his Doral resort outside Miami, but "Democrats went crazy" with criticisms that he would have violated the "phony" emoluments clause in the Constitution banning presidents from receiving gifts from foreign countries.

Bolding mine.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 21, 2019, 06:21:26 PM
Looks like Canada is about to elect their own nationalist idiot Trump clone.

I dunno.  Many of the Conservative party's supporters are clones of Trump supporters, but Scheer himself seems like a fairly standard right-wing type (anti-abortion, closet homophobe), and he has a fair way to fall to reach Trump's level of stupidity.  He doesn't strike me as particularly nationalistic; one Conservative (Maxime Bernier) actually broke away from the party because it was insufficiently anti-immigration.  (Bernier's platform's primary distinguishing feature is reducing the number of immigrants).

The SNC-Lavalin affair was a major screwup on Trudeau's part, and I dislike the man personally, but I do prefer him over Scheer as the next P.M. (on a policy level, anyway).  I'm hoping we get a minority Liberal government.  It gives Trudeau a nice sharp slap in the face, but doesn't hand power over to the Conservatives, and forces the parties to co-operate to get anything done.  (The Canadian system has devolved, in recent decades, to something like a term dictatorship.)

Edit:  I voted NDP.  I usually do.  They don't have a snowflake's chance in hell in my riding, though.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.