News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Also looks like Bevins is out on his ass after Trump spent a few weeks stumping for him.
Molon Lube

Cain

altered

HA

Also, fuck yeah! This stands to be a huge thing for 2020, they get at least two huge pushes in their favor out of this for basically free: minimum wage bump and actually winning the state of Virginia. These are things that just are there and can't be fucked up and will result in positive appraisal going into 2020.

Handled right, they can even eke out two more: "see our gun restrictions didn't delete the second amendment" and "see our gun restrictions actually affected crime statistics".

These are harder wins and I think it's really hard to get both simultaneously as /unquestionable/ wins — but it's definitely possible and those are successes that, combined, would just completely eliminate NRA talking points, opening an enormous swath of the populace to jump to the Dems. I'm keeping my eye on Virginia, I think.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 06, 2019, 03:26:19 AM
HA

Also, fuck yeah! This stands to be a huge thing for 2020, they get at least two huge pushes in their favor out of this for basically free: minimum wage bump and actually winning the state of Virginia. These are things that just are there and can't be fucked up and will result in positive appraisal going into 2020.

Handled right, they can even eke out two more: "see our gun restrictions didn't delete the second amendment" and "see our gun restrictions actually affected crime statistics".

These are harder wins and I think it's really hard to get both simultaneously as /unquestionable/ wins — but it's definitely possible and those are successes that, combined, would just completely eliminate NRA talking points, opening an enormous swath of the populace to jump to the Dems. I'm keeping my eye on Virginia, I think.

Yep.

Anyone see Graham squealing earlier today?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

I unironically love how the Republicans keep screeching for things, the Dems keep giving them to them during the course of the impeachment inquiry process, and then they screech even more.

Like, I'm not mad about the Dems doing these things, this is the way it's meant to be. I'm laughing at people going "THEY NEED TO RELEASE THE TRANSCRIPTS" and then, when they do, they're like "I REFUSE TO READ THEM!"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on November 06, 2019, 06:30:03 PM
I unironically love how the Republicans keep screeching for things, the Dems keep giving them to them during the course of the impeachment inquiry process, and then they screech even more.

Like, I'm not mad about the Dems doing these things, this is the way it's meant to be. I'm laughing at people going "THEY NEED TO RELEASE THE TRANSCRIPTS" and then, when they do, they're like "I REFUSE TO READ THEM!"

Yeah, they are getting played like a fiddle at this point.

What this is going to come down to is, the dems will make the case, the senate will fail to convict, and the message to everyone is that the party matters, the rule of law does not.
Molon Lube

Cain

Yeah, that's how I see it too. It's a point that needs to be made, at least.

LMNO

BOTH PARTIES ARE THE SAME
             /
:lord:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on November 06, 2019, 07:26:17 PM
BOTH PARTIES ARE THE SAME
             /
:lord:

THERE IS NO FUNCTIONAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "NOT PERFECT" AND "WORST CASE."
\
:joshua:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, from WaPo:

QuotePresident Trump wanted Attorney General William P. Barr to hold a news conference declaring the commander in chief had broken no laws during a phone call in which he pressed his Ukrainian counterpart to investigate a political rival, though Barr ultimately declined to do so, people familiar with the matter said.

The request from Trump traveled from the president, to other White House officials, and eventually to the Justice Department. The president has mentioned Barr's declination to associates in recent weeks, saying he wished Barr would have held the news conference, Trump advisers say.

ETA:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...5a8_story.html
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

altered

Oh my fucking god.

It's like he's trying to make it worse! And make less sense! I'm baffled, what the fuck could possess anyone to say this??? This doesn't make any sense at all!
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 07, 2019, 02:30:42 AM
Oh my fucking god.

It's like he's trying to make it worse! And make less sense! I'm baffled, what the fuck could possess anyone to say this??? This doesn't make any sense at all!

It's Rudy.  He can arrange a plea on your traffic ticket and get it reduced to second-degree murder.
Molon Lube