Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on January 03, 2020, 02:03:55 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 03, 2020, 01:51:39 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 03, 2020, 12:52:44 PM
Fuck indeed. Al-Sadr just reactivated the Mahdi Army.

Heeeeeeeeere weeeeeeee GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The best thing is though people keep coding Al-Sadr as a Shia militant, he's an Iraqi nationalist. He doesn't like Iranian interferring either. This was avoidable.

Nothing is avoidable right now.  Not in Iraq, not with Brexit, not with our big orange fart.  The time to avoid these things was BEFORE we elected maniacs and drooling idiots.

Now we're buckled in for the ride.  woop
Molon Lube

Cain

Yeah, avoidable in the sense of "if we weren't complete morons". Which, of course, we are.

Bu🤠ns

Bruno

I just have to wonder if someone advised trump to do this, or if he came up with the idea all on his own.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bruno on January 03, 2020, 07:44:18 PM
I just have to wonder if someone advised trump to do this, or if he came up with the idea all on his own.

He simply wanted to destroy one of Obama's accomplishments.

Spite eschaton.
Molon Lube

Faust

To be fair if I had to choose an eschaton, spite seems like a good one
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Spite Eschaton would be a great album or band name.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 03, 2020, 08:03:58 PM

Spite eschaton.

When I look at eschaton in print, I always see a kind of embedded ""shat upon".
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Bruno

Spite eschaton.

Apparently, there was some eenie meenie miney moe involved, as well.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-01-03/how-trump-made-the-decision-to-kill-suleimani

QuoteWASHINGTON —  When President Trump's national security team came to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida on Monday, they weren't expecting him to approve an operation to kill Gen. Qassem Suleimani.
Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo, Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, had gone to Palm Beach to brief Trump on airstrikes the Pentagon had just carried out in Iraq and Syria against Iranian-sponsored Shiite militia groups.

One briefing slide shown to Trump listed several follow-up steps the U.S. could take, among them targeting Suleimani, the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps' elite Quds Force, according to a senior U.S. official familiar with the discussions who was not authorized to talk about the meeting on the record.

Unexpectedly, Trump chose that option, the official said, adding that the president's decision was spurred on in part by Iran hawks among his advisors.

That meant the Pentagon suddenly faced the daunting task of carrying out Trump's orders.

Bruno

Quote from: kiss my axe on January 03, 2020, 10:55:34 PM

Spite eschaton.

When I look at eschaton in print, I always see a kind of embedded ""shat upon".

I see "escutcheon" because I use those at work.

It's the nameplate for a knob that tells what the knob does, but also... something to do with pubic hair, apparently?

English is weird.

Cain

Quote from: Bruno on January 04, 2020, 07:13:34 AM

Spite eschaton.

Apparently, there was some eenie meenie miney moe involved, as well.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-01-03/how-trump-made-the-decision-to-kill-suleimani

QuoteWASHINGTON —  When President Trump's national security team came to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida on Monday, they weren't expecting him to approve an operation to kill Gen. Qassem Suleimani.
Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo, Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, had gone to Palm Beach to brief Trump on airstrikes the Pentagon had just carried out in Iraq and Syria against Iranian-sponsored Shiite militia groups.

One briefing slide shown to Trump listed several follow-up steps the U.S. could take, among them targeting Suleimani, the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps' elite Quds Force, according to a senior U.S. official familiar with the discussions who was not authorized to talk about the meeting on the record.

Unexpectedly, Trump chose that option, the official said, adding that the president's decision was spurred on in part by Iran hawks among his advisors.

That meant the Pentagon suddenly faced the daunting task of carrying out Trump's orders.

Indeed. It's like they learned nothing from that Yemen raid in 2017.

Although, the Daily Beast is reporting that business partners and members at Mar-a-Lago were informed that "something big" would be happening in Iran in the next few days, before Congress was.

QuoteIn the five days prior to launching a strike that killed Iran's most important military leader, Donald Trump roamed the halls of Mar-a-Lago, his private resort in Florida, and started dropping hints to close associates and club-goers that something huge was coming.

According to three people who've been at the president's Palm Beach club over the past several days, Trump began telling friends and allies hanging at his perennial vacation getaway that he was working on a "big" response to the Iranian regime that they would be hearing or reading about very "soon." His comments went beyond the New Year's Eve tweet he sent out warning of the "big price" Iran would pay for damage to U.S. facilities. Two of these sources tell The Daily Beast that the president specifically mentioned he'd been in close contact with his top national security and military advisers on gaming out options for an aggressive action that could quickly materialize.

Cain

This would also line up with reporting that US intelligence didn't know where Soleimani actually was, when Trump came back to them demanding that option and had to scramble to find him.

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Idk, psychological projection is a thing of its own.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Juana

Has he ever written a tweet about Obama that hasn't aged like milk?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."