News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2020, 12:22:32 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on January 22, 2020, 12:59:45 AM
Quote from: Cain on January 19, 2020, 02:52:54 AM
Q: How can you tell Trump is lying?
A: his mouth is moving and sounds are coming out of it

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2020/01/eleven-us-troops-were-injured-jan-8-iran-missile-strike/162502/

QuoteNearly one dozen American troops were wounded in Iran's Jan. 8 missile attack on Iraq's al-Asad air base. This week, they were medically evacuated to U.S. military hospitals in Kuwait and Landstuhl, Germany, to be treated for traumatic brain injury and to undergo further evaluation, several U.S. defense and military officials have confirmed to Defense One.

Senior military and Trump administration officials had said on Jan. 8 that 11 Iranian missiles had caused "no casualties, no friendly casualties, whether they are U.S., coalition, contractor, et cetera."

In the past week, news organizations that were granted access to the base to film the damage and interview military personnel have reported that no Americans were killed, wounded, or "seriously injured." But the New York Times reported on Monday that some personnel had been treated for concussions.

In a Jan. 16 statement, a spokesman for the U.S. military command in Baghdad said, "As previously stated, while no U.S. service members were killed in the Jan. 8 Iranian attack on Al Asad Air base, several were treated for concussion symptoms from the blast and are still being assessed."

That particular lie had a lot of folks optimistic about avoiding war with Iran.

To be fair, he became president with his brain in even worse shape
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Juana

Trump targets Greta Thunberg in barely coherent tirade at Davos: 'She beat me out on Time Magazine
Donald Trump has targeted Greta Thunberg for the second successive day at Davos, bemoaning the climate activist's criticism of his administration and the fact "she beat me out on Time magazine".

Speaking at a press conference before departing the World Economic Forum, the American president suggested the 17-year-old Swede "ought to focus on" other countries than the US, which he insisted was "clean and beautiful" and where "everything is good".

"Our numbers are very good, our environmental numbers. Our water numbers, our numbers on the air are tremendous. We have to do something about other continents and other countries," he said, despite the US being responsible for more cumulative carbon emissions than any other nation.

"We have a beautiful ocean called the Pacific Ocean where thousands of tons of garbage flows towards us, put there by other countries, so Greta needs to work on them," he added.

Ms Thunberg, who is also at Davos, launched a scathing attack on the US president's climate record on Tuesday, saying in a speech at the Swiss ski resort: "'Unlike you, my generation will not give up without a fight. Our house is still on fire. Your inaction is fuelling the flames."

Asked at Wednesday's press conference about those "strong words" and whether his administration was doing enough to tackle the climate emergency, Mr Trump responded: "How old is she?"

After journalists told him Ms Thunberg's age, the president: "Oh, that's good. She beat me out on Time magazine." The teenager was named Time's Person of the Year for 2019, ahead of the US president, who was on the shortlist.

Pressed further on the activist's climate message, Mr Trump said: "I would have loved to have seen her speak. I did not." He suggested Ms Thunberg's call for urgent climate action was "unrealistic to a point you can't live your lives".

The president, who has previously dismissed climate science as a "hoax" and whose administration has rolled back Obama-era environmental policies, had earlier criticised the teenager's "pessimism".

"Fear and doubt is not a good thought process because this is a time for tremendous hope and joy and optimism and action," he said at Davos on Tuesday. "To embrace the possibilities of tomorrow, we must reject the perennial prophets of doom and their predictions of the apocalypse."

Ms Thunberg, speaking later at a panel discussion, responded by referring to "empty words and promises" by world leaders.

"You say children shouldn't worry... don't be so pessimistic and then, nothing, silence," she said.

I think we knew he's pulling a reagan and sliding into the abyss of dementia, didn't we?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Dementia implies that he was EVER above this level.
Molon Lube

Juana

his interviews and shit in the 80s sound like an actual person talking tho? and not the unholy lovechild of one of the finding nemo seagulls and an early chatbot.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Juana on January 22, 2020, 09:51:21 PMI think we knew he's pulling a reagan and sliding into the abyss of dementia, didn't we?

Not sliding. He is demented.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Juana

The Johnny

I'll re-state an argument that i presented somewhere else in case you missed it:

https://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Case-Donald-Trump-Psychiatrists/dp/1250179459

Not like I have the time to actually read it, but, professionals took that argument to the wall.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

For those wondering, Iyad el-Baghdadi is the real deal. I've followed him for a couple of years now, and you know how carefully I curate my news sources. He's been a target of the Saudi state, and very hot on their hacking and disinfo programs in particular over the past few years.

altered

I have this funny feeling we're going to find out that the Saudis have their fingers in as many pies as the Russians, by the end of this.

Well. Uh.

I mean, we can already assume that much by money trails alone, I'm talking about non-financial pie-fingering here, especially because for some reason that's more shocking to me and most other people.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on January 23, 2020, 03:04:43 PM
I have this funny feeling we're going to find out that the Saudis have their fingers in as many pies as the Russians, by the end of this.

Well. Uh.

I mean, we can already assume that much by money trails alone, I'm talking about non-financial pie-fingering here, especially because for some reason that's more shocking to me and most other people.

Or SOMEONE'S fingers, anyway.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division