Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on February 06, 2020, 01:03:38 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 06, 2020, 12:05:21 AM
Maybe they'll flip the Senate...but it doesn't seem likely.

:lol:
if dems take the senate, I wonder if they can run an impeachment lightning round without calling any witnesses

ah, it's a fun / terrifying fantasy

Fun fact:  There is no double jeopardy rule on impeachments.
Molon Lube

Cain

I mean, the attack ads will write themselves for the Senate elections.

Whether they have any effect is another matter...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 06, 2020, 02:49:22 PM
I mean, the attack ads will write themselves for the Senate elections.

Whether they have any effect is another matter...

My gut tells me that this is the way things are, now.  47% of the country is too invested in MAGA bullshit to walk away from it, and 47% will knife each other over hair-splitting ideological differences.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Well, then. 

https://apnews.com/504e331eeec5107afbe757e8d241a16d

QuoteIt was a whiplash message in contrast to the speakers who came before him, including keynote speaker and Harvard professor Arthur Brooks, who had described a "crisis of contempt and polarization" in the nation and urged those gathered to "love your enemies."

"I don't know if I agree with you," Trump said, and then he proceeded to demonstrate it.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote"I don't like people who use their faith as justification for doing what they know is wrong," he said in an apparent reference to Utah Sen. Mitt Romney, a longtime Trump critic who was the only Republican to vote for Trump's removal.

"Nor do I like people who say 'I pray for you' when you know that is not so,'" he said, in a reference to Pelosi.

I mean, he could have also been talking about evangelical Trump supporters.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 06, 2020, 03:21:54 PM
Quote"I don't like people who use their faith as justification for doing what they know is wrong," he said in an apparent reference to Utah Sen. Mitt Romney, a longtime Trump critic who was the only Republican to vote for Trump's removal.

"Nor do I like people who say 'I pray for you' when you know that is not so,'" he said, in a reference to Pelosi.

I mean, he could have also been talking about evangelical Trump supporters.

This is going to get really funny in an ugly sort of way, really quickly.  Trump is unhinged.
Molon Lube

Cain

Oh yes, and his appetite for revenge is only matched by his appetite for burned steak in ketchup.

In other news, AG Barr has passed a new guideline which basically means all politically sensitive investigations involving things such as, campaign irregularities or allegations of soliciting the help of foreign nations must be approved by him before being investigated.

So the fix is in.

LMNO

Luckily, there are Intrepid JournalistsTM that will uncover th--

What's that?

Oh.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 06, 2020, 04:02:04 PM
Oh yes, and his appetite for revenge is only matched by his appetite for burned steak in ketchup.

In other news, AG Barr has passed a new guideline which basically means all politically sensitive investigations involving things such as, campaign irregularities or allegations of soliciting the help of foreign nations must be approved by him before being investigated.

So the fix is in.

We passed the point at which "the only solution involves bayonets" on October 11th, 2002.

It just took a while to kick in.
Molon Lube

Bruno

Um, hey, Doc. You forgot to edit out that video where you quoted me in reply.

Also, my bad. Didn't really think about that.
Formerly something else...

Bruno

I'm still a little vague on the verdict. Was he found to be not guilty, or acquitted on the grounds that using federal funds to extort a foreign leader into interfering in an election just isn't that big of a deal?
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bruno on February 06, 2020, 05:57:26 PM
I'm still a little vague on the verdict. Was he found to be not guilty, or acquitted on the grounds that using federal funds to extort a foreign leader into interfering in an election just isn't that big of a deal?

All it means is that he was not removed from office.  No other aspect is legally binding.
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: Bruno on February 06, 2020, 05:57:26 PM
He's still impeached, tho, and now joins the "infamous seventeen" federal officials who have been. It's just a black spot on his record, essentially.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bruno on February 06, 2020, 05:37:36 PM
Um, hey, Doc. You forgot to edit out that video where you quoted me in reply.

Also, my bad. Didn't really think about that.

Thanks, got it.
Molon Lube