News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

But WAIT!  There's MORE!

Seems like he's letting every white collar criminal in the country loose:

https://apnews.com/891502957061cc47823e3dc2e7b07c49
Molon Lube

Cain

Well, why not? It's not like the Senate are going to tell him to stop...

LMNO

Sen. Collins was right: He certainly has learned his lesson.*

*The lesson being, "nothing matters anymore, and actions do not have consequences."

Juana

Quote from: LMNO on February 19, 2020, 01:08:53 PM
Sen. Collins was right: He certainly has learned his lesson.*

*The lesson being, "nothing matters anymore, and actions do not have consequences."
They've been calling him "Teflon Don" for years, haven't they? Longer than he's been president.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Oh, hey, this looks kinda important https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/feb/19/donald-trump-offered-julian-assange-pardon-russia-hack-wikileaks

QuoteDonald Trump offered Julian Assange a pardon if he would say Russia was not involved in leaking Democratic party emails, a court in London has been told.

The extraordinary claim was made at Westminster magistrates court before the opening next week of Assange's legal battle to block attempts to extradite him to the US.

Assange's barrister, Edward Fitzgerald QC, referred to evidence alleging that the former US Republican congressman Dana Rohrabacher had been to see Assange, now 48, while he was still in the Ecuadorian embassy in August 2017.

A statement from Assange's lawyer Jennifer Robinson shows "Mr Rohrabacher going to see Mr Assange and saying, on instructions from the president, he was offering a pardon or some other way out, if Mr Assange ... said Russia had nothing to do with the DNC leaks", Fitzgerald told Westminster magistrates court.

Faust

This may also explain Farage's inexplicable pop in for tea and a chat
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Indeed. Of course it is worth noting that the Congressman who delivered the offer, Dana Rohrabacher, was commonly described by his own party's senators and congresspeople as being on the take from Russia.

One wonders if he was delivering a message on the behalf of more than one interested party.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 19, 2020, 05:54:28 PM
Oh, hey, this looks kinda important https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/feb/19/donald-trump-offered-julian-assange-pardon-russia-hack-wikileaks

QuoteDonald Trump offered Julian Assange a pardon if he would say Russia was not involved in leaking Democratic party emails, a court in London has been told.

The extraordinary claim was made at Westminster magistrates court before the opening next week of Assange's legal battle to block attempts to extradite him to the US.

Assange's barrister, Edward Fitzgerald QC, referred to evidence alleging that the former US Republican congressman Dana Rohrabacher had been to see Assange, now 48, while he was still in the Ecuadorian embassy in August 2017.

A statement from Assange's lawyer Jennifer Robinson shows "Mr Rohrabacher going to see Mr Assange and saying, on instructions from the president, he was offering a pardon or some other way out, if Mr Assange ... said Russia had nothing to do with the DNC leaks", Fitzgerald told Westminster magistrates court.

:lulz:

I laugh, because there is nothing I can do.
Molon Lube

Cain

So, this puts a whole new spin on the appointment of Grenell:

https://apnews.com/4912baca0c4cbc6cb7a3580f4f3c9b96

QuoteIntelligence officials have warned lawmakers that Russia is interfering in the 2020 election campaign to help President Donald Trump get reelected, three officials familiar with the closed-door briefing said Thursday.

The warning raises questions about the integrity of the presidential campaign and whether Trump's administration is taking the proper steps to combat the kind of interference that the U.S. saw in 2016.

The officials asked for anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence. They said the briefing last week focused on Russia's efforts to influence the 2020 election and sow discord in the American electorate.

The warning was first reported by The New York Times and The Washington Post.A senior administration officialsaid the news infuriated Trump, who complained that Democrats would use the information against him. Over the course of his presidency, Trump has dismissed the intelligence community's assessment of Russia's 2016 election interference as a conspiracy to undermine his victory.The official spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the private meeting.

One day after the Feb. 13 briefing to the House Intelligence Committee, Trump berated the then-director of national intelligence, Joseph Maguire, and he announced this week that Maguire would be replaced by Richard Grenell, a Trump loyalist.

Juana

Oh boy.

QuoteThe warning was first reported by The New York Times and The Washington Post.A senior administration officialsaid the news infuriated Trump, who complained that Democrats would use the information against him.
The hypocrisy of this guy knows no bounds. :lulz:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, this is what happens when you elect GOP presidents and senators at the same time.  You get freaks in the judiciary.

https://apnews.com/50e99e7c4bf336c073c14782ec329c49
Molon Lube

Cain

What Trump has done to the judiciary is going to take at least a decade to sort out. He can't find the time to ensure his actual departments have proper leaders (instead of this "acting leader" bullshit, even with a compliant Senate) but he has enough time to oversea thousands of judicial appointments.

LMNO

Unless we can find a way to fast track the impeachment of judges, the country's gonna be an ethno-christian, kleptocratic right-wing monstrosity of cruelty for at least two generations.