News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nibor the Priest

Quote from: methbong on July 03, 2020, 05:55:39 AM
No I talk using real words, not gibbering methhead neologisms.

Do you think all the other words just popped fully formed out of the Big Bang or what?

methbong

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 03, 2020, 02:23:41 PM
Quote from: methdong on July 03, 2020, 05:55:39 AM

If it was not your intention to be viewed as a gibbering meth-head, styling yourself "methdong" and babbling about "Jewish NeoNazis" may not have been a good choice.

Im not the one who caught Stephen Miller, who is jewish, doing a nazi "dogwhistle" and thought I was clever. I feel like when someone is accused of being a Nazi, the fact that they are jewish is relevant. Antisemetism is, last time I checked, a big part of being a Nazi.
if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 03, 2020, 02:23:41 PM
Quote from: methdong on July 03, 2020, 05:55:39 AM

If it was not your intention to be viewed as a gibbering meth-head, styling yourself "methdong" and babbling about "Jewish NeoNazis" may not have been a good choice.

But it's DIFFERENT for him.  He is a poptart.
Molon Lube

methbong

Quote from: Nyborj the Priest on July 03, 2020, 03:19:23 PM

Do you think all the other words just popped fully formed out of the Big Bang or what?

I refuse to humor NIck Land/Moldbug stupidity. I refuse to pretend their stupid blog posts are some kind of coherent philosophy and that all their made up words mean anything. Like "cathedral", it literally means nothing. Its a term so vague and meaningless it could be applied to almost anything and they mask this using a stimmed up verbal diarrhea word salad writing style that basically dares you to call them out on it. Its the same bluff as post modernism or gender studies.

"Heh, you dont GET the 'Cathedral'? Sorry if its a bit OVER YOUR HEAD. Im not writing for the COMMON RABBLE like yourself, Im writing for the INTELLECTUAL ELITE(Javascript Programmers)"

You could put guns to Nick Land and Moldbugs heads and give them hours and they would never even come close to explaining what they actually mean by those words.
if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

PopeTom

Quote from: Nyborj the Priest on July 03, 2020, 03:19:23 PM

I think he means as opposed to imaginary words.  like how the word ₰ꝣꝳṵᵹ is meant to represent the square root of fnord.

₰ꝣꝳṵᵹ ^2 = fnord
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

minuspace

Great, in my mind the word cathedral now also looks like a cat-faced polytope. Perfect, just perfect.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Juana

Of course he is. 🙄

In other news, his niece's book says he's Like That bc his character was forged by child abuse and neglect at the hands of his father.

Heads up for that kind of thing in the article, btw:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-worldview-forged-by-neglect-and-trauma-at-home-his-niece-says-in-new-book/2020/07/07/b19b22f6-bf9d-11ea-864a-0dd31b9d6917_story.html

I feel like anyone who has spent time working with people (children especially tho) would recognize that but, like, that stops being an excuse in adolescence and is definitely not an excuse for his geriatric ass.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Yeah. That kind of thing can be sympathetic to a degree...until you remember just how much abuse he has dished out at others in return, and how it dwarfs his own suffering by vast magnitudes.

And it's not like he can't afford the therapy to work through these issues, or is in the kind of financial position where he can't avoid toxic personalities who appeal to his worst instincts either.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

AP News has "breaking" that the Trump administration has sanctioned 3 Chinese officials for human rights violations.

My guess is that the Chinese will point and laugh, as will the rest of the world, given our recent record on that sort of thing.
Molon Lube

Cain

Sounds like there's more planned. That it's over what is happening in Xinjiang, I have to say I'm not terribly upset that they've finally chosen to act, though my preference would be to make it far more wide-reaching and, of course, to actually do it from a position where I don't look like a massive hypocrite.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on July 09, 2020, 06:05:03 PM
Sounds like there's more planned. That it's over what is happening in Xinjiang, I have to say I'm not terribly upset that they've finally chosen to act, though my preference would be to make it far more wide-reaching and, of course, to actually do it from a position where I don't look like a massive hypocrite.

That isn't actually possible.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Roger Stone's sentence has been commuted.  Nauseating, but unsurprising.

I wonder who managed to talk Trump out of giving him a full pardon.

...actually, why didn't he just pardon him?  The optics aren't much different.  Is there some legal subtlety going on?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

The Johnny

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 11, 2020, 06:18:12 PM
Roger Stone's sentence has been commuted.  Nauseating, but unsurprising.

I wonder who managed to talk Trump out of giving him a full pardon.

...actually, why didn't he just pardon him?  The optics aren't much different.  Is there some legal subtlety going on?

His sentence was only like 3 years and a half regardless.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner