News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on March 26, 2017, 07:42:14 PM
If you're trying to drive a wedge between the US and its European allies, it makes perfect sense.

We've had Le pen meeting with putin recently, so would it be fair to expect a bill coming to france if she doesn't win?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: Xooxe on March 26, 2017, 08:06:01 PM
Does he have the power to pull out of NATO, or is it just a stunt?

He'd need Congress to ratify it, since NATO is enshrined in treaty law.

But he could always pull a France and downgrade cooperation with the rest of NATO.  Withdraw troops from Europe, remove remaining troops from unified command...he has options short of leaving.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Salty on March 26, 2017, 06:26:43 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on March 26, 2017, 06:24:05 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 26, 2017, 01:25:34 PM
Meanwhile, the Trump is continuing to make the best deals

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/germany-dismisses-white-houses-intimidating-300bn-bill-for-defence-dl7dk629k

QuoteDonald Trump handed the German chancellor Angela Merkel a bill — thought to be for more than £300bn — for money her country "owed" Nato for defending it when they met last weekend, German government sources have revealed.

The bill — handed over during private talks in Washington — was described as "outrageous" by one German minister.

What's the plan here? This is just insanely stupid on so many levels I can't even.

That, combined with naming names when shaming hard-line conservatives for disloyalty, and the laundry-list of derp Trump seems to carry with him, should make for the best/shortest US Presidency EVER.

Actually I think he's already been in office longer than William Henry Harrison was
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Junkenstein

And now kushner is making news over his dodgy contacts.

Need to set up a board of pictures with of this administration and start marking off who's had questionable contacts. At this rate smart money is on "all of them". It's looking like a requirement now.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Flynn has offered to testify in exchange for immunity

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mike-flynn-offers-to-testify-in-exchange-for-immunity-1490912959

QuoteMike Flynn, President Donald Trump's former national security adviser, has told the Federal Bureau of Investigation and congressional officials investigating the Trump campaign's potential ties to Russia that he is willing to be interviewed in exchange for a grant of immunity from prosecution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjIwRTsRIPE

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Captain Pike on March 25, 2017, 12:58:53 AM
They didn't seem to have anything prepared, aside from one-line laws abolishing everything, which aren't going anywhere.

The healthcare thing...They had 8 years to prepare.  8 years to line up support, put together something that at least didn't seem heinous, and have it ready to go.

And now Trump and the republican congress are making threats at each other.

Quote...and to hear the lamentations of Paul Ryan.

And this.   :lulz:

The only alternative to "the GOP huffed their own farts so fucking hard they thought this would work" that I can think of is that they really didn't think they were gonna win the White House in 2016. They thought that Clinton would take it, and they would get at least another 4 years to whip up frothing-at-the-mouth crazies (they would lose the overt racism angle that they had with Obama, but misogyny and "EMAILZ" would probably have worked nearly as well). Plus, they could have gotten the Bernie Bros and Jill Stein's gelatinous voting blob-monsters to continue sabotaging the Left.

But they did, indeed, end up catching the car. And I suppose now it doesn't matter much if it was a cunning plan gone bad, or having rocks for brains.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 31, 2017, 01:10:58 AM

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mike-flynn-offers-to-testify-in-exchange-for-immunity-1490912959

QuoteMike Flynn, President Donald Trump's former national security adviser, has told the Federal Bureau of Investigation and congressional officials investigating the Trump campaign's potential ties to Russia that he is willing to be interviewed in exchange for a grant of immunity from prosecution

Oh this is GOLDEN.  :lulz: Hope he doesn't have a nasty accident before he gets a chance to testify.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on March 31, 2017, 01:41:05 AM
Quote from: Captain Pike on March 25, 2017, 12:58:53 AM
They didn't seem to have anything prepared, aside from one-line laws abolishing everything, which aren't going anywhere.

The healthcare thing...They had 8 years to prepare.  8 years to line up support, put together something that at least didn't seem heinous, and have it ready to go.

And now Trump and the republican congress are making threats at each other.

Quote...and to hear the lamentations of Paul Ryan.

And this.   :lulz:

The only alternative to "the GOP huffed their own farts so fucking hard they thought this would work" that I can think of is that they really didn't think they were gonna win the White House in 2016. They thought that Clinton would take it, and they would get at least another 4 years to whip up frothing-at-the-mouth crazies (they would lose the overt racism angle that they had with Obama, but misogyny and "EMAILZ" would probably have worked nearly as well). Plus, they could have gotten the Bernie Bros and Jill Stein's gelatinous voting blob-monsters to continue sabotaging the Left.

But they did, indeed, end up catching the car. And I suppose now it doesn't matter much if it was a cunning plan gone bad, or having rocks for brains.

I have pretty much given up assuming that there was any grand plan at all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 31, 2017, 01:10:58 AM

This is 9 kinds of awesome.  I was talking to my folks, and they were commenting that even Nixon didn't seem this doomed when his shit started to unravel.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I didn't talk to Russia

I talked to Russia

I talked to Russia & I resign

I talked to Russia & will tell all for criminal immunity

Cain

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cain on March 31, 2017, 02:27:20 AM
I didn't talk to Russia

I talked to Russia

I talked to Russia & I resign

I talked to Russia & will tell all for criminal immunity

CYNICISM AND PESSIMISM TO THE RESCUE!
The only reason Flynn is making this deal, it will turn out, is because he's the only person who actually broke any laws. By the end of his testimony it will be clear that the entire Trump administration, while crooked as a cane, will all get off on technicalities, possibly with a viable way to ruin the "witch hunters'" careers, and Flynn, the only flagrantly guilty person among them, will have secured his own immunity from prosecution. Angels will weep, and the Republic will go ahead and give its last gasp and collapse through the cracks in its own Swiss-cheese system of justice.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

As lovely and cynical as this is, I don't think anyone but Nunes is buying it.  This is from today's committee meeting:

QuoteIn a moment that stunned the hearing room, Watts flatly stated that the president himself has become a cog in such Russian measures. When asked by Oklahoma Republican James Lankford, who appeared visibly dismayed, why, if Russians have long used these methods, they finally worked in this election cycle, Watts' answer was extraordinary.

"I think this answer is very simple and is one no one is really saying in this room," he said. Part of the reason, he went on, "is the commander in chief has used Russian active measures at times against his opponents."

Cain

Besides, unless Flynn has gold standard, absolutely undeniable proof, the FBI aren't going to touch this offer.  They might see what he has to say.  But unless he can spill the beans on everything and offer up Trump on a silver platter, then he's not going to be taken up on his offer.

The FBI has to build a case without appearing to be targeting the President, unless they have something really fantastically credible to work with.  When you come at the king, you best not miss.  Flynn will be dismissed as "that guy who got fired by the President for lying" and his testimony will be tainted by that.

tyrannosaurus vex

I really want to believe Trump is guilty of outright sedition and will spent the rest of his natural life in prison, I know the possibility of that happening is quite remote. The only reason the GOP is even following through on this "investigation" is because Trump is an outsider who rubs many of them the wrong way, and because the story is so prominent in the press that failing to go through the motions would be an obvious dereliction of duty. They managed to get four years out of Benghazi, but clearly for the GOP this investigation is like gargling battery acid. They'll wrap it up as delicately as they can, as soon as they can, and it's unlikely anything will come of it except maybe a few more people lose their jobs. Besides, Trump seems like the kind of guy who just stumbles into a plan like this and gets caught up in it by accident.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.