News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribbly

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 08, 2023, 07:00:56 PM
I feel perfectly free to make a diagnosis.

He's an asshole, and I don't care why.

Pretty much this.

I've known people who have a diagnosis of psychosis who I'd call friends and people who pride themselves on their mental health who I'd love to see bleed out in a dark alley for the harm they've done.

Whether or not Trump has any mental health conditions is irrelevant to the far greater problem that he's Trump.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Scribbly on June 08, 2023, 07:33:14 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 08, 2023, 07:00:56 PM
I feel perfectly free to make a diagnosis.

He's an asshole, and I don't care why.

Pretty much this.

I've known people who have a diagnosis of psychosis who I'd call friends and people who pride themselves on their mental health who I'd love to see bleed out in a dark alley for the harm they've done.

Whether or not Trump has any mental health conditions is irrelevant to the far greater problem that he's Trump.

Yes.  If you are tied to the tracks and a train is coming, does it matter WHY the person who did this to you did it?  It doesn't matter if they're hearing voices in their heads or maybe you just owed them money, the fact is that you're still on the tracks.  For the moment.
Molon Lube

Brother Mythos

"Trump valet Walt Nauta charged in special counsel probe: Sources"

As per the article:

"An aide to former President Donald Trump, Walt Nauta, has been charged by the special counsel as part of their probe into Trump's alleged taking of classified information, sources tell ABC News.

Nauta, a former valet in the Trump White House who left his role to join the former president as a personal aide in early 2021, was indicted by the same grand jury in Florida that indicted Trump on Thursday, the sources say.

It is not immediately clear what the exact charges are and an attorney for Nauta declined to comment when contacted by ABC News."

And the hits just keep on comin'!

Here's the link:   https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-valet-walt-nauta-charged-special-counsel-probe/story?id=99962252
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Brother Mythos

"I don't want to live in a country where Trump could be held accountable"

As per this USA TODAY opinion article:

"It's like America has become a banana republic, as long as you do as I've done and refuse to look up the definition of "banana republic."

Now that my favorite president, Donald Trump, is facing a 37-count indictment from the feds, I join with my brothers and sisters in MAGA, and with all sensible Republicans, in saying this: I'm not sure I want to live in a country where a former president can wave around classified documents he's not supposed to have and say, "This is secret information. Look at this," and then be held accountable for his actions.

I mean, what kind of country have we become? One in which federal prosecutors can take "evidence" before a "grand jury," and that grand jury can "vote to indict" a former president for 37 alleged "crimes"?  Look at all the other people out there in America, including Democrats like Hillary Clinton and President Joe Biden, who HAVEN'T been indicted for crimes on the flimsy excuse that there is no "evidence" they did crimes. THAT'S TOTALLY UNFAIR!"

This opinion article gets even better from there.

Here's the link:   https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2023/06/11/trump-indictment-classified-documents-evidence-accountability/70307577007/

Brother Mythos

"I WON'T SURVIVE! IT'S CLASSIFIED — Trump Vs Jack Smith & his 37 Indictments"

Polyester leisure suits may make a comeback! It's Disco Indictment Time!

Here's the link:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbjunFQKuFQ

Brother Mythos

"Second E. Jean Carroll defamation trial against Trump set for January"

As per the article:

"A federal judge on Thursday set E. Jean Carroll's second defamation trial against former President Donald Trump for early next year.

In a brief scheduling order, U.S. District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan said the civil trial will commence on Jan. 15.

Kaplan had granted Carroll's motion to file an amended complaint Tuesday in the still-pending case against Trump seeking new damages of at least $10 million, based in part on comments he made at a CNN town hall last month."

Well, that didn't take long. TFG just can not keep his mouth shut. He's simply incapable of doing so.

Here's the link:   https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/e-jean-carrolls-defamation-trial-trump-set-jan-2024-rcna89615

Brother Mythos

"The Second Indictment of President Donald J. Trump - Epilogue Coin #2"

This coin is being minted to commemorate "A First Moment in American Presidential History." You can pre-order this item from the White House Gift Shop for the regular price of $100.00. And, there's free shipping on orders over $125 US/$175 Worldwide.

Epilogue Coin #2 is "Limited to 7500 Edge Numbered Coins," and is accompanied by a "Certificate of Authenticity with Edition Number." And, its "*Velvet Presentation Case Includes Outer Two-Piece Box with Gold Presidential Seal."

"The White House Gift Shop, Est. 1946
Anticipates Three Coins Will be Created During the Entire Sequence of Legal Events
You Are Purchasing the Second Coin"

This sounds like the perfect gift for the MAGAts in your family, as well as your special MAGAt friends!

Here's the link:   https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/The-Second-Indictment-of-President-Donald-Trump-p/trump-indictment-ii.htm

QuestionsTheSoil

Lunatic Zoomer Garbage and Unholy Androgyne
I have questions that can be answered with bottles of teeth
I sift through the broken ideas of the anomalous subconscious

Brother Mythos

"Trump sets aside $5.5 million in first step to satisfy E. Jean Carroll judgment"

As per the article:

"Lawyers for Donald Trump asked a judge on Friday to sign off on an agreement with E. Jean Carroll's attorneys to transfer $5.5 million to a court-controlled account in a step toward satisfying the judgment from the defamation lawsuit.

The agreement is Trump's first step toward paying Carroll after a jury awarded her $5 million in damages after finding Trump sexually abused and defamed Carroll. Courts often require 111% of an award while a judgment is on appeal."

That's gotta hurt TFG in the ol' wallet. Now, he's gotta grift even more money from the MAGAts just to cover this loss. I wonder if he'll try to write this lawsuit settlement off as a business expense. I mean, it's not like that sort of thing hasn't already happened.

Here's the link:   https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/23/politics/trump-e-jean-carroll-5-5-million/index.html

Brother Mythos

"Former White House press secretary: Trump was 'loose' with secrets"

As per the article:

"Stephanie Grisham, former Communications Director and Press Secretary under ex-president Donald Trump, told MSNBC's Alex Witt that Trump had shown classified documents to visitors at Mar-a-Lago, his Palm Beach resort. "I watched him show documents to people at Mar-a-Lago on the dining room patio," Grisham said. "So he has no respect for classified information. Never did."

As part of the same segment — which MSNBC has posted online — Trump's former press secretary also said that he was "loose" with sensitive documents. Grisham added that the former president's willingness to share classified information with those who haven't received security clearance is "a disservice to the country, but it also puts people in danger potentially.""

This is a long article, but it containing an impressive list of additional times TFG was careless with national security information.

Here's the link:   https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/former-white-house-press-secretary-trump-was-loose-secrets-rcna92414

Brother Mythos

"Trump Pressured Former Arizona Governor to Overturn 2020 Results: Report"

As per the article:

"Former President Donald Trump called then-Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey to pressure him to overturn the 2020 presidential election results in the state, saying that if enough fraudulent votes were found it would negate Trump's narrow loss, according to a new report from The Washington Post.

Sources told the Post that Trump also enlisted then-Vice President Mike Pence to call Ducey to encourage him to find evidence backing Trump's false claims of election fraud. Pence reportedly called Ducey several times about the election, but did not heed Trump's wishes to pressure the governor, the publication reported.

Ducey told a donor earlier this year that he was under "pressure" after Trump's election loss. He added that he was surprised special counsel Jack Smith's team did not inquire about the phone calls during its investigation into Trump's endeavor to overturn the 2020 election.""

There are no real surprises here. This article doesn't confirm it, but I suspect the United States Department of Justice has been on top of this for a long time.

Here's the link:   https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-pressured-doug-ducey-former-arizona-governor-overturn-2020-election-report-1234782245/

And, here's the link to the original paywalled The Washington Post article:   https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/07/01/trump-2020-election-arizona-governor-doug-ducey/

Brother Mythos

"Trump Questions Whether Ocean Could 'Someday' Reach Las Vegas In Wild Clip"

As per the article:

"Former President Donald Trump declared that Las Vegas could "maybe someday" have an ocean before a crowd broke out into cheers at a campaign stop on Saturday.

Trump, while discussing Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' request for an endorsement in his state's election, reflected on his love for the Sunshine State before comparing it to the Nevada community.

"And remember, Florida's easier than other places, you have the ocean and you have the sun. There's something about that that works. But – you have the sun, too, but you don't have the ocean, I can tell. You definitely don't have the ocean. Maybe someday you'll have the ocean, you never know," said Trump, who made a motion with his hand before the crowd applauded him.""

Now, Las Vegas is about 2,000 ft. above sea level. So, even with the current, accelerated rate of global warming, having an ocean there is going to take a while. At first, I was mystified as to why the MAGAts would cheer a statement like that from TFG. But now, I've concluded it's about THEM wanting to immanentize the eschaton.

Here's the link:   https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-ocean-las-vegas_n_64aa2d85e4b0e87d6554edc4

Brother Mythos

"Experts: Jack Smith's latest move means Trump can't use Judge Cannon to prevent pre-election trial"

As per the article:

"Legal experts expect Donald Trump to be indicted in the Justice Department's Jan. 6 probe after he received a target letter from special counsel Jack Smith's team, predicting it will blow up the former president's attempts to delay his federal proceedings until after the 2024 election."

Further in the article:

""This indictment will likely be brought in D.C. federal court, which means that the importance of Judge Aileen Cannon's rulings in the Mar-a-Lago case are diminished." MSNBC legal analyst Lisa Rubin agreed that the implication of the likely indictment in D.C. is that even "if Cannon caves to Trump's demands not to set ANY trial date, she now can't single-handedly prevent a federal trial before Election Day."

So, more than ever, it appears clear that Special Counsel Jack Smith and his team have always been several steps ahead of TFG, his lawyers, and his numerous Republiculttm allies. Yea team! 

Here's the link:   https://www.salon.com/2023/07/18/experts-jack-smiths-latest-move-means-cant-use-cannon-to-prevent-pre-trial/

Brother Mythos

"Israel Struggling to Recover Ancient Artifacts Trump Took to Mar-a-Lago: Report"

As per the article:

"Israel lent several antiquities to the White House in 2019, including ancient clay lamps for a White House Hanukkah event. Unfortunately, Donald Trump was president at the time, which means the artifacts are now at Mar-a-Lago, and Israel can't figure out how to get them back, Haaretz reported on Tuesday.

The artifacts were only supposed to be in Washington, D.C., for a few weeks. Israel Hasson, then the director of the Israeli Antiquities Authority, told Haaretz that because they are so valuable, he wanted someone to pick them up instead of having them shipped overseas. The pandemic derailed these plans, and the artifacts remained in the White House. Israeli authorities learned several months ago that they wound up at Mar-a-Lago.

Eli Eskozido, who took over for Hasson at the Israeli Antiquities Authority, has solicited the help of the Israeli government and Trump's former U.S. ambassador to the nation in his efforts to retrieve the artifacts — to no avail."

Seriously, is there anything TFG won't steal?

Here's the link:   https://www.yahoo.com/news/israel-struggling-recover-ancient-artifacts-130445035.html

Brother Mythos

"Trump, aide face additional charges in classified documents case as 3rd defendant is added"

As per the article:

"Former President Donald Trump and two others are facing additional charges in special counsel Jack Smith's investigation into Trump's handling of classified documents after leaving office.

The charges came in a superseding indictment returned by a grand jury in the Southern District of Florida that adds one defendant and four charges to the prior indictment filed against Trump and aide Walt Nauta.

The new charges include allegations involving the handling of surveillance footage and charges related to Trump's unauthorized possession of a document that he was previously heard discussing on an audio recording.

Carlos De Oliveira, a current Trump Organization employee who sources tell ABC News is the head of maintenance at Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate, has been added to the obstruction conspiracy charged in the original indictment."

For TFG and his minions, the hits just keep on comin'! And, "superseding indictment" is a term I expect to hear a lot more in the coming months.

Here's the link:   https://abcnews.go.com/US/mar-lago-staffer-charged-special-counsels-classified-documents/story?id=101741061