News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

My gut feeling is Trump and the GOP are just going to keep fucking Democrats up, the rest of us will suffer for it. I have no idea what nixing the TPP was supposed to do, but it damn well is going to pull in leftists into thinking, "Well, shucks, let's make the best of this thing."

I really wish history lessons in US schools had been more thorough.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Trumpster froze all environmental regulation changes in the works, which means that even though we'd like to ##-elided-## because environmental conditions are more favorable this year, we can't. This scenario is playing out at agencies all over the country.

Sad trombone.

EDIT: Turns out that was not yet public knowledge. If you read it, please forget it. I left the dots intact, I'm just not allowed to connect them for you.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's going to be so fun when civilization grinds to a halt!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Trump just reversed the DAPL executive order.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 24, 2017, 09:50:40 PM
Trump just reversed the DAPL executive order.

He threw Keystone XL in there too, for good measure.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

hooplala

My knowledge of USA politics is mostly gleaned from TV and movies, but I seem to recall people saying the presidency is mostly a figurehead position and doesn't have tons of power. Please someone tell me that's true.

Please?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Salty

Quote from: Hoopla on January 25, 2017, 12:01:58 AM
My knowledge of USA politics is mostly gleaned from TV and movies, but I seem to recall people saying the presidency is mostly a figurehead position and doesn't have tons of power. Please someone tell me that's true.

Please?

That was the intention behind the office. It wasn't until Andrew Jackson came alone and decided this final check in the system of government needed to Also be the masthead for what it means to be American. He turned it from a clerical and military position to that of an interchangeable secular monarchist, more or less, IMO.

And now, with the executive powers established during the Bush era, and even though they decried executive power abuses by Obama who didn't invent them but made good use,  Trump now has the ability to make very serious and consequential decisions.

For example, the executive order that will prevent funding to any organization that even uses the word "abortion" OR pushing the Dakota Pipeline through.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Please?

Sadly, not anymore. Let me give you a sense of what we're dealing with; what Nixon was impeached for isn't even illegal anymore.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Shifty on January 25, 2017, 12:26:20 AM

Please?

That was the intention behind the office. It wasn't until Andrew Jackson came alone and decided this final check in the system of government needed to Also be the masthead for what it means to be American.

And now, with the executive powers established during the Bush era, and even though they decried executive power abuses by Obama who didn't invent them but made good use,  Trump now has the ability to make very serious and consequential decisions.

For example, the executive order that will prevent funding to any organization that even uses the word "abortion" OR pushing the Dakota Pipeline through.

Andrew Jackson, America's racist golden boy. What poetry there is that he opened the door for so many of Trump's upcoming abuses!

Cain

Trump has signed an executive order extremely increasing vetting procedures against people from a variety of Middle Eastern states.  Extra measures for refugees are set to be announced at a later date.

The Good Reverend Roger

Please?

He doesn't, not really.  At least not in this case.  However, he is the puppet of Ryan & Co, and the office of the president has ceased to exist aside from being a rubber stamp for everything Ryan and McConnell ever fapped about.

Instead of thinking of an out of control president, think of an evil congress with no brakes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

He totes gonna declare martial law on Chicago:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Really, today has just been a fuckfestival of Trumpshittery.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman