News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I think Trump's victory should put to rest the lie that the Republican Party cares more about fiscal responsibility than it does about being racist.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Salty on January 26, 2017, 05:44:59 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/sanctuary-cities/

This is interesting because it shows:
1. An executive order can be wholly stupid and impractical and just sort of peter out.
2. This one doesn't exactly do what the label might have you believe.
Quote"I'm curious to see exactly what he does in terms of this defunding of sanctuary cities because it doesn't make sense from a legal standpoint or a political standpoint," Torrey said.

It seems more for show than anything else.

As for the wall, I find it incredibly hard to imagine the GOP passing $15+ billion dollar legislation. Even with the most ardent, fervent right-wing whako base, this party must balk at such a huge price tag.

I could definitely be wrong about that.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-leaders-back-at-least-12-billion-for-border-wall-153042941.html
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Trump just purged the State Department

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/26/politics/top-state-department-officials-asked-to-leave-by-trump-administration/index.html?sr=fbCNN012617top-state-department-officials-asked-to-leave-by-trump-administration0635PMStoryLink&linkId=33814262

QuoteWashington (CNN)Two senior administration officials said Thursday that the Trump administration told four top State Department management officials that their services were no longer needed as part of an effort to "clean house" at Foggy Bottom.

Patrick Kennedy, who served for nine years as the undersecretary for management, Assistant Secretaries for Administration and Consular Affairs Michele Bond and Joyce Anne Barr, and Ambassador Gentry Smith, director of the Office for Foreign Missions, were sent letters by the White House that their service was no longer required, the sources told CNN.

All four, career officers serving in positions appointed by the President, submitted letters of resignation per tradition at the beginning of a new administration.
The letters from the White House said that their resignations were accepted and they were thanked for their service.

The White House usually asks career officials in such positions to stay on for a few months until their successors are confirmed.

"Any implication that that these four people quit is wrong," one senior State Department official said. "These people are loyal to the secretary, the President and to the State Department. There is just not any attempt here to dis the President. People are not quitting and running away in disgust. This is the White House cleaning house."

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cain

So, Trump has said he is going to get America to pay for building the wall, and make Mexico reimburse it.

Mexico has said "lol no", and called off a meeting with Trump in protest.

Trump has said today that he will pass a 20% import tax on all Mexican goods to pay for the wall.  Presumably, none of his advisers have explained to him how this is, yet again, making Americans pay for the wall.

Cain

Some people have also mentioned that to pass such a tariff, the US would have to leave NAFTA

MMIX

It might also lead to leaner times for some Americans since:
QuoteSuch a tax would most affect the price of agricultural goods, as Mexico is the United States's second-largest supplier of such imports, mostly including fresh vegetables and fruits, wine and beer, snack foods, and other processed goods.
todays Daily Beast
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

3rd largest overall trade partner, so you can bet it would hit American exports as well, with retaliatory tariffs

Cain

Alex Jones is claiming he's been given a White House press pass.  Just fucking kill me already.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/sandy-hook-truther-alex-jones-brags-his-infowars-conspiracy-site-cleared-to-attend-white-house-briefings/

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2017, 08:53:40 PM
So, Trump has said he is going to get America to pay for building the wall, and make Mexico reimburse it.

Mexico has said "lol no", and called off a meeting with Trump in protest.

Trump has said today that he will pass a 20% import tax on all Mexican goods to pay for the wall.  Presumably, none of his advisers have explained to him how this is, yet again, making Americans pay for the wall.

This is basically how Phantom Menace started.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Uh oh....
http://www.salon.com/2016/11/18/dick-cheney-darth-vader-satan-that-is-power-steve-bannon-speaks-out-for-first-time-since-being-named-donald-trumps-top-white-house-adviser/

Quote"Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power. It only helps us when they—get it wrong. When they're blind to who we are and what we're doing," Bannon said of his detractors who criticized the far-right, white nationalist movement that Breitbart and others have successfully rebranded as the alt-right.

Cain

Shia LeBouef has been arrested for assaulting a second Neo-Nazi.

https://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/article/news-shia-labeouf-arrested-in-new-york-after-attacking-neo-nazi?utm_source=vicefbuk&utm_campaign=global

QuoteShia himself has been regularly appearing in the live-feed, but not without controversy. Three days ago he got into a confrontation with a man wearing a Nazi hat. In response, Shia shouted "he will not divide us" at him, as the neo-Nazi tried to hijack the camera, whilst chanting white supremacist slogans. Following a second altercation with a man who shouted "Hitler did nothing wrong", Shia has now been arrested and charged with assault and harassment. The live-stream showed Shia pushing the man away, before grabbing him by the scarf. Later Shia was shown being handcuffed and led away by New York City cops.

If Shia, the Badlands National Park Service and Teen Vogue end up leading the Resistance, I'm fucking quitting this reality.

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on January 27, 2017, 12:30:52 AM
Shia LeBouef has been arrested for assaulting a second Neo-Nazi.

https://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/article/news-shia-labeouf-arrested-in-new-york-after-attacking-neo-nazi?utm_source=vicefbuk&utm_campaign=global

QuoteShia himself has been regularly appearing in the live-feed, but not without controversy. Three days ago he got into a confrontation with a man wearing a Nazi hat. In response, Shia shouted "he will not divide us" at him, as the neo-Nazi tried to hijack the camera, whilst chanting white supremacist slogans. Following a second altercation with a man who shouted "Hitler did nothing wrong", Shia has now been arrested and charged with assault and harassment. The live-stream showed Shia pushing the man away, before grabbing him by the scarf. Later Shia was shown being handcuffed and led away by New York City cops.

If Shia, the Badlands National Park Service and Teen Vogue end up leading the Resistance, I'm fucking quitting this reality.

It has become more and more abundantly clear: we have been gravely underestimating Eris all this time. This is her fucking world; she just lets us live in it. For now.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Chaffetz is introducing legislation to end the BLM and the Park Service.

On the face of it, this means all the national reserve land gets handed over to miners and loggers, just like the Bundys demanded.  I imagine Trump himself will put in a bid for the Grand Canyon.

But it also means that the Native American reservations will cease to exist, along with their right to semi-autonomy.  And along with what scraps of land they have left.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

With any luck he'll be assassinated soon enough. We just need to hope he keeeeps shitting on the intelligence services until they get off their asses and defend the country.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago