News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on January 29, 2017, 03:38:37 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 29, 2017, 11:39:08 AM
Words are a limited commodity, there's no way he could say Jews, Roma, gays and Communists...it would deplete the National Strategic Word Reserve.

You left out disabled people.

And Russian POWs and a few other groups too. 

MMIX

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 29, 2017, 04:48:14 PM
I wonder how many Trump voters are finally starting to comprehend why so many people kept saying that supporting Trump is racist as fuck? I mean, I keep seeing all these regret posts about voting for the guy, and I'm like, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HE PROMISED, DUMBASS. 
:horrormirth:

Sadly I don't think a lot of them care Nigel. From over here it looks horribly as if that was actually the reason why a lot of people voted for him.

ALSO
https://lawfareblog.com/malevolence-tempered-incompetence-trumps-horrifying-executive-order-refugees-and-visas
an interesting piece from a far from bleeding heart liberal legal position highlighting the incompetence of the new administration.

Brings together CNN's outline of how the executive ordure actually happened and a broad ranging analysis of its legal shortcomings
also including a copy of how the order describes its purpose:
Quotethe United States should not admit those who engage in acts of bigotry or hatred (including "honor" killings, other forms of violence against women, or the persecution of those who practice religions different from their own) or those who would oppress Americans of any race, gender, or sexual orientation.

The Irony, it is strong in this one  :horrormirth:
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

I wonder how many Trump voters are finally starting to comprehend why so many people kept saying that supporting Trump is racist as fuck? I mean, I keep seeing all these regret posts about voting for the guy, and I'm like, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HE PROMISED, DUMBASS. 

To be fair, who would have expected Donald Trump of all people to be the kind of politician who keeps his promises?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: MMIX on January 29, 2017, 05:02:12 PM

Sadly I don't think a lot of them care Nigel. From over here it looks horribly as if that was actually the reason why a lot of people voted for him.

Yes, that is why I specifically referred to the ones who are posting that they regret voting for him because now he is doing racist things, and apparently they weren't expecting that. This is what prompted me to wonder how many of his voters are currently having that wake-up moment, and why, exactly, they didn't see it coming.

ALSO
https://lawfareblog.com/malevolence-tempered-incompetence-trumps-horrifying-executive-order-refugees-and-visas
an interesting piece from a far from bleeding heart liberal legal position highlighting the incompetence of the new administration.

Brings together CNN's outline of how the executive ordure actually happened and a broad ranging analysis of its legal shortcomings
also including a copy of how the order describes its purpose:
Quotethe United States should not admit those who engage in acts of bigotry or hatred (including "honor" killings, other forms of violence against women, or the persecution of those who practice religions different from their own) or those who would oppress Americans of any race, gender, or sexual orientation.

The Irony, it is strong in this one  :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

MMIX

Its good to hear that some people are realising their error, Nigel. Interestingly our news media isn't carrying a lot of buyer's regret, yet, or if they are I'm not seeing it they are still focusing on Trump enthusiasts  :horrormirth: - is the negative vibe coming from social media?
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: MMIX on January 29, 2017, 08:38:27 PM
Its good to hear that some people are realising their error, Nigel. Interestingly our news media isn't carrying a lot of buyer's regret, yet, or if they are I'm not seeing it they are still focusing on Trump enthusiasts  :horrormirth: - is the negative vibe coming from social media?

Yes, social media is where I have been seeing the regret posts I mentioned.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cain

Political science shows us that US presidents mostly keep their campaign promises, to something like 75% of the time.

So this was entirely predictable, as I was saying back when people were still giving the "he's just saying that to get elected/but he's a straight talker unlike $hillary" a try.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 29, 2017, 09:01:27 PM
Political science shows us that US presidents mostly keep their campaign promises, to something like 75% of the time.

So this was entirely predictable, as I was saying back when people were still giving the "he's just saying that to get elected/but he's a straight talker unlike $hillary" a try.

I never could figure out how the fuck they reconciled "Just lying to get into office" with "But he's not a lying liar like Hillary".

MMIX

Just a quick aside :
So after Theresa May's ghastly and embarrassing handholding party with the Cheat'oh a wave of British decorum has risen. She invited the clown prince back to her place for tea and crumpets. We can't ban his from the UK 'cos he is, after all, an elected head of a country whose ass we need to kiss but we are at least trying to spare Her Majesty's finer feelings.
The petition launched this morning to ban The Donald from coming to the UK and bothering the Queen has passed 642,000 665,181 677,072 679,388 692,146 signatures. [It went up while I was writing]. It only takes 100,000 for the petition to be considered for debate in the House.
QuotePetition
Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the United Kingdom.
Donald Trump should be allowed to enter the UK in his capacity as head of the US Government, but he should not be invited to make an official State Visit because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen.

MMIX

Also this made me smile :
QuoteThe Governor of Washington just declared Donald Trump an enemy of the United States.This is powerful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q9UojBAthg

Cain

May's initial refusal to condemn this will be remembered as her "Trump doesn't denounce the KKK" moment.

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on January 29, 2017, 09:14:46 PM
May's initial refusal to condemn this will be remembered as her "Trump doesn't denounce the KKK" moment.

I was horrified to just find myself wondering if Michael Gove might have put on a better show of statesmanship and been less spineless than May. I also couldn't stop myself thinking that he might not have looked so good hand in hand with dRumpf

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh man.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

https://twitter.com/seanspicer/status/825565510418968578

Please please let there be a White House temper tantrum about being misrepresented by the Onion.