News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Bruno

I'm getting really, really accustomed to disappointment.
Formerly something else...

tyrannosaurus vex

"BREAKING NEWS: We here at NBC are so positively desperate for a story we're going to break the entire Internet for six hours just to read you the most boring parts of an entirely uninteresting document."

I'm assuming this was intentionally "leaked" by someone around Trump who is actually not an idiot. Thanks to the predictable way Rachel Maddow pounced on this "story", the whole question of the missing tax returns for the decade AFTER this 2005 will be met with "Well, there was nothing interesting in 2005, why don't you just give it up?" from every corner. As a bonus, Sean Spicer gets to be the one poking fun at the Left for a change, with "Ha ha did you see the way Maddow dropped that dud?" at every press briefing for the next three months.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on March 15, 2017, 03:22:28 AM
"BREAKING NEWS: We here at NBC are so positively desperate for a story we're going to break the entire Internet for six hours just to read you the most boring parts of an entirely uninteresting document."

I'm assuming this was intentionally "leaked" by someone around Trump who is actually not an idiot. Thanks to the predictable way Rachel Maddow pounced on this "story", the whole question of the missing tax returns for the decade AFTER this 2005 will be met with "Well, there was nothing interesting in 2005, why don't you just give it up?" from every corner. As a bonus, Sean Spicer gets to be the one poking fun at the Left for a change, with "Ha ha did you see the way Maddow dropped that dud?" at every press briefing for the next three months.

Bingo.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Here's the thing that's bothering me, if you're tendering for decent work, the last 3 years accounts are usually on the docs list. That's because anyone can show 1 good/bad year but it's harder to hide shit for 3 years consecutively. So an 05 return is worthless without 06, and 07. And or 03 and 04. Paying X in one year is meaningless if you've dodged 2X the year after. Or 3X the year before.

It also stinks because if I'd paid that level of tax regularly I would use that to beat my opponent around the head with. "I objectively contribute more to society than you by Y degree". Clinton's taxes were known so it's reasonable to assume this claim can't be made because the orange idiot would have done so. So it's safe to assume any contribution will be lower than Clinton's total, assuming that it's even a positive number. I doubt that is the case.

I'll bet money I don't have that this was a blip year. There's literally no chance that 04 and before or after 05 show anything remotely similar. This should make everyone much more suspicious about the total return but I doubt it will. Because the world is apparently dedicated to stupid and easy answers.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Salty

That Rachel Maddow flop couldn't even get the traction it surely deserved with the travel ban and budget going the way they have so far.

There is no shoving a fist directly through the judicial system, as far as I am aware. He can't fire everybody, as much as he'd like. More importantly, it makes him look incredibly weak, not due to a judge thwarting him, but that he can't do as he said he would.

And the budget is hilariously bad. The pharmaceutical industry is expected to see an increase in fees for FDA approval processes of $2 billion! He expects that pharma is going to just sit there and pay for that wall? Or pay that much for ANYTHING? That's just so stupidly short-sighted.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

tyrannosaurus vex

It makes him look ineffective, but none of this (or anything) will have any effect on the heart of his base. Besides, if these people ever do decide Trump isn't doing it for them, they won't be coming back toward the middle to seek common ground. They'll go looking for someone even worse. Because the hard Right believes if extremism fails, it's because they weren't extreme enough. The only silver lining I can see is that as they start marching even farther into batshit country, maybe whatever contingent is unwilling to actually start literally flying Nazi flags just gives up and withdraws altogether, shrinking the number of extremists enough to give the GOP establishment a little more breathing room to compromise. But even that is probably impossible until someone proves in 2018 that the extremists are no longer strong enough to bulldoze an establishment candidate from the far right. Which would give us the benefit of a GOP that is merely dangerous, not also radical and insane.

Mind you, all of this is what now qualifies for "unicorns shitting rainbows in Utopia". In the real world, the Kekites will probably manage to radicalize another few million people and that turnaround the Democrats expect in 2018 will turn into yet another trouncing due to their continued inability to gain control of the conversation between now and then, thanks to the Democrats' seemingly infinite ability to think inside the box and play the game like it's still 1985.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on March 17, 2017, 02:58:40 AM
thanks to the Democrats' seemingly infinite ability to think inside the box and play the game like it's still 1985.

Rebels aren't born in palaces.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Cain

Comey's testimony to the Senate is fascinating.

He's confirmed, along with James Clapper, that there was no authorised wiretap on the Trump Towers.  He's also confirmed that investigations into links between Russia and the Trump campaign team are happening - and that they were not included in the original IC assessment because those investigations are still ongoing.

Cain

Oh, and Comey confirmed there had been hacks of Republican networks and systems but no subsequent release of data.

Junkenstein

So which republicans are making defensive statements about their use of drugs and rent boys then? Guessing a few will make questionable statements by the weekend.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

LMNO

I am relieved and amused.  I think I'm gonna go to the GAY BAR to celebrate.