News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on March 24, 2017, 07:43:59 PM
Trumpcare vote withdrawn  :lulz:

They should have been more careful invoking Kuk. That or ensured that they had a solid coalition before trying to ram new legislation through.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on March 24, 2017, 07:48:43 PM
I am relieved and amused.  I think I'm gonna go to the GAY BAR to celebrate.

I think it's your shameful neglect of the GAY BAR that has led to all of this mess.

If you graph your visits to the GAY BAR against the number of ridiculous bills being introduced, you'll see what I mean.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 24, 2017, 07:43:59 PM
Trumpcare vote withdrawn  :lulz:

There has been much gloating over this in the snake brains lab today.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

I am beginning to think that the GOP isn't so much obstructionist as it is stupid.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Salty

What kind of fucking morons spend 7 years whining about the ACA and then have nothing lined up in the way of replacement OR Republican approval in the house?

Oh right.

They're trying so hard to shove everything back into Pandora's box as thought it were possible.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

tyrannosaurus vex

I am convinced now that the Republicans have allowed themselves to believe their own bullshit, to their own disadvantage. They spent 8 years raising Hell about how Obama was some kind of radical dictator in order to gain up enough hate in the ranks to survive a few more elections. Not a bad strategy, really, if you're only trying to stay alive as a party. But they forgot it was just rhetoric and started actually believing that was how Obama was really governing. As a result, now that they are in power, that is how THEY set out to govern. And they are perplexed as to why it doesn't work. Furthermore they have no one to turn on and blame now except each other. Maybe it'll get even better.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cramulus

...and to hear the lamentations of Paul Ryan.

Salty

The GOP seems a lot like a dog that actually caught the car it was chasing, much to its own surprise, and has no idea what to do with it now.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

They didn't seem to have anything prepared, aside from one-line laws abolishing everything, which aren't going anywhere.

The healthcare thing...They had 8 years to prepare.  8 years to line up support, put together something that at least didn't seem heinous, and have it ready to go.

And now Trump and the republican congress are making threats at each other.

Quote...and to hear the lamentations of Paul Ryan.

And this.   :lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Salty on March 25, 2017, 12:27:03 AM
The GOP seems a lot like a dog that actually caught the car it was chasing, much to its own surprise, and has no idea what to do with it now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jc9aZh4MQhc
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 25, 2017, 01:00:34 AM

FUCK DA POLICE   :lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Captain Pike on March 25, 2017, 01:02:55 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 25, 2017, 01:00:34 AM

FUCK DA POLICE   :lulz:

That's what I'm saying!  :lulz:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Meanwhile, Mike Flynn discussed with Turkey about how to kidnap Gulen while on Turkey's payroll

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ex-cia-director-mike-flynn-and-turkish-officials-discussed-removal-of-erdogan-foe-from-u-s-1490380426

QuoteThe discussion late last summer involved ideas about how to get Fethullah Gulen, a cleric whom Turkey has accused of orchestrating last summer's failed military coup, to Turkey without going through the U.S. extradition legal process, according to Mr. Woolsey and those who were briefed.

Mr. Woolsey told The Wall Street Journal he arrived at the meeting in New York on Sept. 19 in the middle of the discussion and found the topic startling and the actions being discussed possibly illegal.

The Turkish ministers were interested in open-ended thinking on the subject, and the ideas were raised hypothetically, said the people who were briefed. The ministers in attendance included the son-in-law of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and the country's foreign minister, foreign-lobbying disclosure documents show.

Mr. Woolsey said the idea was "a covert step in the dead of night to whisk this guy away." The discussion, he said, didn't include actual tactics for removing Mr. Gulen from his U.S. home. If specific plans had been discussed, Mr. Woolsey said, he would have spoken up and questioned their legality.

It isn't known who raised the idea or what Mr. Flynn concluded about it.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on March 25, 2017, 08:41:19 AM
Meanwhile, Mike Flynn discussed with Turkey about how to kidnap Gulen while on Turkey's payroll

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ex-cia-director-mike-flynn-and-turkish-officials-discussed-removal-of-erdogan-foe-from-u-s-1490380426

QuoteThe discussion late last summer involved ideas about how to get Fethullah Gulen, a cleric whom Turkey has accused of orchestrating last summer's failed military coup, to Turkey without going through the U.S. extradition legal process, according to Mr. Woolsey and those who were briefed.

Mr. Woolsey told The Wall Street Journal he arrived at the meeting in New York on Sept. 19 in the middle of the discussion and found the topic startling and the actions being discussed possibly illegal.

The Turkish ministers were interested in open-ended thinking on the subject, and the ideas were raised hypothetically, said the people who were briefed. The ministers in attendance included the son-in-law of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and the country's foreign minister, foreign-lobbying disclosure documents show.

Mr. Woolsey said the idea was "a covert step in the dead of night to whisk this guy away." The discussion, he said, didn't include actual tactics for removing Mr. Gulen from his U.S. home. If specific plans had been discussed, Mr. Woolsey said, he would have spoken up and questioned their legality.

It isn't known who raised the idea or what Mr. Flynn concluded about it.
:lulz:
I'll have to remember that one.

"It wasn't no "conspiracy to commit" we was just havin' one of them nice, open-ended thinking hypothetical conversations. Ain't no crime in that yer honor."

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Quote from: Captain Pike on March 24, 2017, 09:22:58 PM
I am beginning to think that the GOP isn't so much obstructionist as it is stupid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39388815

QuoteEarlier Mr Ryan told reporters: "We are going to be living with Obamacare for the foreseeable future.
"I will not sugar-coat this. This is a disappointing day for us. Doing big things is hard.
"We were a 10-year opposition party where being against things was easy to do," he said, adding that it was difficult to get "people to agree with each other in how we do things".

Best laugh I've had all day.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.