News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

One thing I have always said in defence of Bush, against conservatives of more recent years, is that he went to pretty great lengths to try and not portray the conflict with Al-Qaeda as a civilisational conflict against Islam itself.

Bush was smarter on counter-terrorism than Sebastian Gorka, the current White House fake terrorism expert.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on April 01, 2017, 03:56:44 PM
One thing I have always said in defence of Bush, against conservatives of more recent years, is that he went to pretty great lengths to try and not portray the conflict with Al-Qaeda as a civilisational conflict against Islam itself.

Bush was smarter on counter-terrorism than Sebastian Gorka, the current White House fake terrorism expert.
:horrormirth:
That horrible moment when you realize that in a less insane universe this would be a great April Fools prank... but it's not. It's not at all.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on April 01, 2017, 11:49:56 AM
There doesn't even appear to be any attempt to conceal the fact any more:
Flynn offers to testify about Trumps Russian links, the very next day Wikileaks releases the CIA trove showing how they attempted to frame groups.

Assuming the documents are genuine.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

The docs seem to be, but Wikileak's depiction of how they worked - implying that the CIA hacked the DNC and blamed Russia for Reasons - is not.

Faust

They are designed to make it appear as if the attacks are coming from another party but based on the languages the code was optimised for, it was more a case of disguise as anyone from non western culture.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

That's the most retarded reason for violating the Logan Act I've ever read.  Getting Russia to dump Iran?  Sure, and maybe you could get North Korea to side with Japan against China while you're at it.

Cain

MMIX

Sneaky. Meet on Seychelles. Fuck over international climate change programmes.

Seychelles disappear . . . end of
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 05, 2017, 06:23:01 PM
Bannons lost his nsc seat.

Allegedly, Bannon was put there to keep an eye on Flynn.  That's the claim that seems to be coming from the Trump camp.

Which makes no sense at all to me.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on April 05, 2017, 08:38:04 PM

Allegedly, Bannon was put there to keep an eye on Flynn.  That's the claim that seems to be coming from the Trump camp.

:drama1:
Maybe they found out about his frog-abuse problem.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on April 05, 2017, 08:38:04 PM

So assuming this is simply a lie, what makes sense? Bannons fallen out if favour to the benefit of who? I mean who in particular, not just the world at large.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Kushner.

The rumour is that Kushner wanted to bump Bannon off the NSC to the benefit of the "moderate" faction within the White House.