News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on April 06, 2017, 04:25:44 PM
Kushner.

The rumour is that Kushner wanted to bump Bannon off the NSC to the benefit of the "moderate" faction within the White House.

Kushner is Jewish no? This is probably a helluva powderkeg topic for the Kuksucking NAZI contingent.

"Why Trump no give Bannon crown and blowjob? His daughter waifu of heethen Jeewish man who no worship teh Kek!!"
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

It's a good thing that WARMONGER $HILLARY DIDN'T GET INTO POWER AND DRAG US INTO WW3 WITH RUSSIA!

https://theintercept.com/2017/04/06/u-s-weighs-saturation-strike-on-syrian-government-in-response-to-chemical-attack/

QuoteThe Pentagon has developed plans for an airstrike against Syrian government targets in response to this week's apparent chemical attack by Syrian government forces, according to two U.S. military officials.

Secretary of Defense James Mattis will present the proposals to Donald Trump later today at the president's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida.

One of the proposals drawn up is a "saturation strike" using dozens of cruise missiles designed to hit Syrian military targets —including military air fields — in an effort to limit future Syrian Air Force attacks on rebel positions, according to the two U.S. military officials.

The officials asked for anonymity to discuss classified plans.

The proposed strike would involve launching Tomahawk cruise missiles to overwhelm Russian air defense systems used by the Syrian military. The Russian government currently helps maintain the air defense sites and advises the Syrian military.

According to both U.S. military officials, the current proposal would likely result in Russian military deaths and mark a drastic escalation of U.S. force in Syria.

The Good Reverend Roger

To be fair, we develop plans for everything
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

True, but between this, Trump's "something must be done!" and Tillerson's own comments tonight, I think we may see this plan coming into action.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on April 07, 2017, 12:30:47 AM
True, but between this, Trump's "something must be done!" and Tillerson's own comments tonight, I think we may see this plan coming into action.

Well, the good news on that is no more getting up early in the morning, right?  Or at all.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on April 07, 2017, 12:30:47 AM

BBC is reporting 50 missiles fired. So, not fucking around here. With it happening this fast I'm sure the next few days will be fubar.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this far from the first occasion in recent history with chemical weapons in Syria? Why the sudden rush to deal with a situation that's been ongoing for years?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

It occurs to me that this attack is conveniently timed, just as the investigation into Trump's connections with Putin is gathering steam.

Assad (presumably) makes a senseless chemical attack on a no-name town miles from the fighting, and we spank Assad, thus proving that Putin and Trump are not sweethearts.

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, gonna go get a hair shirt to wear as penance for doubting Cain, who called this shit like an hour before it happened.

:cainftw: :cainftw::digtbk:

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Captain Pike on April 07, 2017, 04:22:52 AM
It occurs to me that this attack is conveniently timed, just as the investigation into Trump's connections with Putin is gathering steam.

Assad (presumably) makes a senseless chemical attack on a no-name town miles from the fighting, and we spank Assad, thus proving that Putin and Trump are not sweethearts.

Hm...

I'm kinda cold inside  :kingmeh:... that's crazy enough to work. They cry "false flag" yet again, but with no particular target of political convenience causing their "base" to look everywhere but at the guys they trust for such stuff already to a Pavlovian level. Fuck it I'm having a beer while there's beers to be had. I think you could very well be right, goddammit!

Goes, gets beer.

Quote from: Captain Pike on April 07, 2017, 04:25:43 AM
Also, gonna go get a hair shirt to wear as penance for doubting Cain, who called this shit like an hour before it happened.

:cainftw: :cainftw::digtbk:

I'll have one for Cain too.  :nuke: :cheers: :nuke:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Shitshow has begun.

Former UK ambassador denies any use of chemical weapons s by Assad because "self defeating".

Damage of strikes is either "massive" or "minimal, bit of shrapnel on runway". Operation has been "huge success" or "total failure".

Basically you can pick what you want to believe at the moment.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Captain Pike on April 07, 2017, 04:22:52 AM

Could be, though it's worth noting other events that this will help distract from. Such as the Supreme court pick being forced through. Or the guy in charge of the congress russian investigation stepping down due to pressure from "left wing groups". I'm sure there will be plenty of other domestic crap that's worth trying to ignore in favour of a quick bombing or two. I wouldn't rule out internal shit in the US leading to another war abroad.

Apparently no Russian casualties, so the obvious question here is were they informed and told to GTFO of the area? It's not like US air strikes are known for avoiding collateral damage.

00.dusk

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2017/apr/07/us-syria-response-donald-trump-assad-pentagon-live

Reading through now, those photos from the Russian govt -- if those were missiles, they were duds and have been carted away. The damage is absurdly minimal. I've seen malfunctioning fireworks do similar damage.

Russia says that the US strikes were basically supporting IS. There's also reports of civilian casualties despite the total lack of Russian casualties. Curious.

The Syrian rebels are confirming the US line /and/ target. The EU is supportive of the strike. The UK condemns it, apparently because the EU is supportive.

EDIT: Checking that Russian news guy's Instagram is a lot more informative. That looks like missile damage now.

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-39521332
QuoteRussians were present at the base the US struck on Thursday night but their role was not immediately known, CNN is quoting a US defense official as saying. And Reuters news agency is reporting that US officials said they informed Russian forces ahead of the missile attacks, and that there were no strikes on sections of the base where Russians were present.

And again, Air strikes very reliable. Always hit target exactly, no history of hitting hospitals, etc. Must assume now that Russians did not hang around anywhere near the base after being told. And the obvious question is now "Was russia informed by unofficial channels prior to being officially told?" I'm betting yes, and by a number of sources.

QuoteThe strike on the Shayrat airbase killed four Syrian soldiers and almost completely destroyed the facility, the UK-based monitoring group the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says.

Or?

QuoteFrom BBC Monitoring: 

The Russian Defence Ministry says the US airstrike was ineffective, the Russian news agency Interfax reports.

"According to Russian monitoring tools, only 23 missiles reached the Syrian airbase. It's not clear where the remaining 36 cruise missiles fell," Russian Defence Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov is quoted as saying.

or?
QuoteMore from Russian journalist Yevgeny Poddubny, who has access to the bombed airbase for the news channel Rossiya 24.

He says nine Syrian military aircraft were destroyed. The covered hangars containing the aircraft had been struck. He said the runway was not damaged but is strewn with shrapnel.

QuoteRetired air commodore with the RAF, Dai Whittingham, told the Today programme it's likely the Tomahawk missiles used were "1000lbs" worth of warhead. He said they were "long-range and extremely accurate"

Junkenstein

Quote from: 00.dusk on April 07, 2017, 11:28:11 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2017/apr/07/us-syria-response-donald-trump-assad-pentagon-live

Reading through now, those photos from the Russian govt -- if those were missiles, they were duds and have been carted away. The damage is absurdly minimal. I've seen malfunctioning fireworks do similar damage.

Russia says that the US strikes were basically supporting IS. There's also reports of civilian casualties despite the total lack of Russian casualties. Curious.

The Syrian rebels are confirming the US line /and/ target. The EU is supportive of the strike. The UK condemns it, apparently because the EU is supportive.

EDIT: Checking that Russian news guy's Instagram is a lot more informative. That looks like missile damage now.

UK apparently supportive.

Like I said, at the moment you can pretty much pick what you want to believe. It'll take a few days for reality to become obvious.

00.dusk

I'm seeing runway damage that amounts to potholes and a /single/ heavily damaged (but probably still functional after you clean up the worst of the mess) hangar surrounded by unblemished ones, runway damage released by the Russian govt and hangar by a Russian news reporter.

No source I'm reading says all the missiles hit. There's talk about them being accurate but no one's asserting they didn't miss /anyway/. No one's denying the Russian count. That's a curious little tidbit, to me.