News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on May 03, 2017, 08:20:08 PM
I concur. Then when you get spectators reacting as though the person just "scored a point" by making these asinine statements, that is the icing on cake.

Makes me wonder whether social interaction that involves upvotes is the origin of the habit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 03, 2017, 06:32:45 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 01, 2017, 11:08:06 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 01, 2017, 09:40:21 PM
A President advocating legal restrictions on criticizing the administration should be taken as a direct threat to democracy, but unfortunately, I think a lot of Americans don't really understand or care.

It's a little worse than that, around 50% probably agree with idiot and think it should be dealt with immediately.

I would be very surprised if you told me more than 50% of americans even know the difference between slander and libel. I'm doubtful even 10% of the UK population can.

Thank you for correcting a statement that didn't need correction in order to agree with me while looking like you're contradicting me, I guess?

The quantification was for comedy, the actual point was how many people don't actually know the difference between slander and libel and use the terms interchangeably.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on May 03, 2017, 08:20:08 PM
I concur. Then when you get spectators reacting as though the person just "scored a point" by making these asinine statements, that is the icing on cake.

-2 points. Be more amusing.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

MithridatesXXIII

I wasn't criticizing you junkenstein. I was responding to the phenomenon Nigel outlined. Afterall, you claimed that's not what you were doing, right...?

Junkenstein

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on May 03, 2017, 08:57:25 PM
I wasn't criticizing you junkenstein. I was responding to the phenomenon Nigel outlined. Afterall, you claimed that's not what you were doing, right...?

-1 point.

You'll never get the chance at the mystery box at this rate.

MithridatesXXIII

I already got the mystery box. Trump's Presidency was in there along with your rebuttals.

Junkenstein

-3 Points.

A bag of shit has been dispatched. By shit, I mean crack. And by crack, I mean actual sheep faeces.

MithridatesXXIII

That's what I said. Asinine rebuttals man

Junkenstein

Do you have some sort of ethical stance against making with the funny?

Junkenstein

Anyway, here's a bit of a laugh:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/03/politics/abbas-trump-white-house-meeting/index.html

QuoteTrump reiterated the need for Israelis and Palestinians to broker a peace through direct negotiations and called on Palestinian leaders to "speak in a unified voice against incitement to violence and hate."
"There's such hatred, but hopefully there won't be such hatred for very long," Trump said, speaking alongside Abbas in the Roosevelt Room.

Continuing a trend of other world leaders teaching idiot how their part of the world works, Abbas appears to have had to explain the Palestine problem.

It's a good job he's not appointed a diplomat who thinks the exact opposite.... oh. 

MithridatesXXIII

I guess you could say I do have an ethical problem if this is the shit you find humorous. That's fear induced laughter. Violence seems way more appropriate.

MithridatesXXIII

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Bruno

If there's one good thing that could possibly come from the Trump Presidency, it would be if Trumpsters get just a glimmer of an idea that international politics are hard.

Most of them, it seems, think something along the lines of "I tell you wut, we just need to git in thurr an be all like 'Hey yall, we're Amurrica and this is how it is (PEW! PEW!)' an then they'll be all like 'oh shit, yall! Amurrica's back, we better straighten up an kwit screwin around! An we'll be all like "Hell yeah, they's a new shurruf in town, and it's US! (Ptoo... Ding!)" An we'll git in there and Git er Dunn an then everyboddy will respek the hell outta us"

So, in that sense, I'm kind of behind Trump's "Golly gee whizz. This is more complicated that I realized." message.
Formerly something else...

Junkenstein

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on May 03, 2017, 09:39:17 PM
I guess you could say I do have an ethical problem if this is the shit you find humorous. That's fear induced laughter. Violence seems way more appropriate.

You really don't get the laugh I'm talking about. It's not a happy, healthy laugh. It's the kind of laugh you can only have after bitterness and cynicism is beaten into your very bones and then beaten out again, then beaten back in again to teach you the real lesson.

Please, by all means show me something you find funny and teach me your ways. You've utterly failed to amuse me so far but I have faith in you.