News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

00.dusk

So, this is an example of what I sometimes worry I look like.

See, I take all of this /very/ seriously. Deathly seriously, even. I do the research and put in the work and make sure I'm doing the /right thing/. I worry about ethics and morality more on a given day than the vast, vast majority of humans who have (who will EVER) live have in their entire lives. I worry, I get anxious, I stress, I drive myself /fucking batty/. Seriously.

And then I cackle like a methed up hooligan and start throwing rocks at cars because by fucking god if I don't do something stupid I'll be this nosy self-absorbed cunt over here, telling other people about my ethical conclusions and leaning on them to DO THE RIGHT THING OR ELSE THEY'RE FUCKING AWFUL. That shit? That's just another part of Them. That's the part of Them that They've automated, put in gear. The part They normally don't need to say out loud because pompous fuckmissiles will do it for Them and They can avoid direct blame. It's the part beaten into the heads of kids who do not, can not know any better -- not so they'll learn now but so they'll fall in with the jackboots when the Great Headstomp comes around.

Mithridates, you have missed the entire point of Discordia. Discordia has no room for people who can't dress up for the disco (yeah, the dead one) and no room for people who can't laugh themselves bloodshot and shitting themselves over all this fucking INJUSTICE. You have become the very Greyface the Principia Discordia warned about. There's a traditional response to it, but I just woke up and haven't really slept enough and you really just are not worth it. It's easier to give you a reply in as close to your language as I can manage and hope, potentially, you get the sudden urge to fuck off -- or maybe to laugh a little before you become one of Them.

Junkenstein

That's an interesting and we'll reasoned response. If it wasn't directed to the intellectual equivalent of a grape it might have done some good.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

00.dusk

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 04, 2017, 09:46:46 AM
That's an interesting and we'll reasoned response. If it wasn't directed to the intellectual equivalent of a grape it might have done some good.

I agree. I don't know why I bothered. But I'm pretty fucking serious myself, so maybe it's some creepy feeling of distant kinship, like baboons must feel when they look at dogs in Greece.

Vanadium Gryllz

The line between horror and mirth is getting harder to tread.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Junkenstein

You're doing fine. As I said, there is nothing wrong with seriousness, its only a problem when that is all you are and all you've got to offer. Or when you are a serious fuckwit like Mitty23 here.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Xaz on May 04, 2017, 10:28:13 AM

Not really. Its as wide (or narrow, depending on your perspective) as its always been. There's just been a bit of re-branding here and there so it feels new.

00.dusk

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 04, 2017, 10:32:49 AM
Quote from: Xaz on May 04, 2017, 10:28:13 AM

Not really. Its as wide (or narrow, depending on your perspective) as its always been. There's just been a bit of re-branding here and there so it feels new.

If I were going to make the proportion of Horrormirth into a law, it'd be something like, "|horror|+|mirth|=horrormirth".

I should probably explain that formula.

There's a middle ground where horrible things aren't very funny. A good example of this is cancer, AIDS, etc -- it's rare enough that you don't need to laugh at it to survive with your brain intact, but common enough that it doesn't seem right to laugh at it to make light of your own eventual horrible demise.

There's also a middle ground where funny things being real isn't particularly horrible: take the Weird as an example. Our Weird, that is. Harmless jakes and pranks that leave you feeling, maybe the world isn't what it's made out to be after all?

But when funny is either real low or real high, it gets more horrible, and vice versa. So the two "elements" of horrormirth are both absolute values.

This means essentially that the lowest value of horrormirth is 0. And as the world gets more horrible (or if it gets really non-horrible), that goes up, and the same is true of it getting funnier or less funny.

I'd say this world is pretty fucking horrible, and rapidly declining. And the Funny we got around is definitely Horrible in some way. (I can't tell which direction it's going, but does it /really/ matter if it's not keeping pace with the Bad Hair with Good Values™?) Therefore, Horrormirth has Increased.

(Psst. This is what I mean by taking myself seriously.)

Vanadium Gryllz

This echoes an interesting point someone mentioned recently - the PD itself was heavy on the Funny but the BIP was more on the serious side.

As horror increases is it important (or possible) for mirth to increase proportionally or does mirth fall as horror rises?

Is there actually more horror now than in the 70s? I don't know - I wasn't around back then.

Junkenstein

Junkenstein

Further proof:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/sean-spicer-donald-trump-mexican-border-wall-definition-white-house-reporters-press-corps-funding-a7717196.html

QuoteSean Spicer has been drawn into a public row with reporters over whether Donald Trump's vision of a "big, beautiful wall" along the Mexican border is actually just a fence.

QuoteCharlie Spiering, whose employer Breitbart has prolifically supported Mr Trump, asked why the President was not "fighting for the wall he promised" as funding proposals were turned down in a government-wide budget.

QuoteThe row came day after the press secretary walked out of his own briefing without answering any questions, as incredulous reporters called out "Sean, come on Sean!".

Junkenstein

And finally:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-nepotism-criticism-eric-trump-family-a7679101.html

QuoteEric Trump, President Donald Trump's son, defended his father against accusations of family bias by calling nepotism "a beautiful thing."

QuoteEric extended his praise for nepotism to the White House, commending the influential role his sister, Ivanka, plays in his father's administration.

"I think the beautiful thing about family is you play on a little bit of a different dynamic," he said, "and once in a while you can pull them aside and say: 'No disrespect but you might want to think about this or maybe you crossed the line here.'"

Worth noting that we've seen no DNA testing so we can't be sure this is actually idiots son. Would be nice to see a test, which will probably be negative on at least one of these alleged kids, and then see how long they keep their "jobs".

Vanadium Gryllz

I must admit I am finding it hard to see the funny through the avalanche of weird shit that keeps happening. 

Easier to just tune out.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 04, 2017, 09:10:58 AM
:lulz:

I'm still waiting to hear all about this theory of mind, among other things. Or should I just assume you're terminally dull?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_mind

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: 00.dusk on May 04, 2017, 09:20:49 AM
So, this is an example of what I sometimes worry I look like.

See, I take all of this /very/ seriously. Deathly seriously, even. I do the research and put in the work and make sure I'm doing the /right thing/. I worry about ethics and morality more on a given day than the vast, vast majority of humans who have (who will EVER) live have in their entire lives. I worry, I get anxious, I stress, I drive myself /fucking batty/. Seriously.

And then I cackle like a methed up hooligan and start throwing rocks at cars because by fucking god if I don't do something stupid I'll be this nosy self-absorbed cunt over here, telling other people about my ethical conclusions and leaning on them to DO THE RIGHT THING OR ELSE THEY'RE FUCKING AWFUL. That shit? That's just another part of Them. That's the part of Them that They've automated, put in gear. The part They normally don't need to say out loud because pompous fuckmissiles will do it for Them and They can avoid direct blame. It's the part beaten into the heads of kids who do not, can not know any better -- not so they'll learn now but so they'll fall in with the jackboots when the Great Headstomp comes around.

Mithridates, you have missed the entire point of Discordia. Discordia has no room for people who can't dress up for the disco (yeah, the dead one) and no room for people who can't laugh themselves bloodshot and shitting themselves over all this fucking INJUSTICE. You have become the very Greyface the Principia Discordia warned about. There's a traditional response to it, but I just woke up and haven't really slept enough and you really just are not worth it. It's easier to give you a reply in as close to your language as I can manage and hope, potentially, you get the sudden urge to fuck off -- or maybe to laugh a little before you become one of Them.

Thank you for articulating your perspective

Junkenstein

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on May 04, 2017, 12:37:29 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 04, 2017, 09:10:58 AM
:lulz:

I'm still waiting to hear all about this theory of mind, among other things. Or should I just assume you're terminally dull?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_mind

Yes, and the relevance is what dear thrush?