News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

00.dusk

Ignoring the backed up septic tank pretending to be a sentient being for the time being:

Quote from: Xaz on May 04, 2017, 11:08:55 AM
This echoes an interesting point someone mentioned recently - the PD itself was heavy on the Funny but the BIP was more on the serious side.

As horror increases is it important (or possible) for mirth to increase proportionally or does mirth fall as horror rises?

Is there actually more horror now than in the 70s? I don't know - I wasn't around back then.

As Junkenstein said, they are constantly in proportion to each other. I'd say the horror is the greater of the two at any given time, because the funny often (especially in the past) is itself horrible as the baseline. (For instance: consider that a popular "gag gift" of the 1900s or thereabouts was a little box with a spring loaded button that concealed a rusty needle.)

But as the horror rises so must the mirth, because there is a related equation which is "T=horrorseriousness", where T is the tendency to lose your mind/sense of proportion in some fashion. If you can't laugh AND it's all awful, you are at risk.

So for a necessarily sane mind it's something like, "horror=mirth+c" where c is the constant value of human shitheadedness.

LMNO

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 04, 2017, 11:30:51 AM
As horror increases, mirth increases with it. It's a pretty constant thing.

Proof:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/jeff-sessions-woman-guilty-laughing-year-jail-sentence-code-pink-protester-a7716456.html

Dammit, you stole my thunder.

I was gonna post the link with something like, "Laughter must really be a threatening thing, if people are going to jail for it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 03, 2017, 09:27:41 PM
Do you have some sort of ethical stance against making with the funny?

Ironic question of the day? :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: LMNO on May 04, 2017, 04:34:14 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 04, 2017, 11:30:51 AM
As horror increases, mirth increases with it. It's a pretty constant thing.

Proof:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/jeff-sessions-woman-guilty-laughing-year-jail-sentence-code-pink-protester-a7716456.html

Dammit, you stole my thunder.

I was gonna post the link with something like, "Laughter must really be a threatening thing, if people are going to jail for it."

That quote adds a different perspective to the discussion for me so thanks.

Quote from: 00.dusk on May 04, 2017, 01:43:33 PM

As Junkenstein said, they are constantly in proportion to each other. I'd say the horror is the greater of the two at any given time, because the funny often (especially in the past) is itself horrible as the baseline. (For instance: consider that a popular "gag gift" of the 1900s or thereabouts was a little box with a spring loaded button that concealed a rusty needle.)

Likewise for the above.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 04, 2017, 09:10:58 AM
:lulz:

I'm still waiting to hear all about this theory of mind, among other things. Or should I just assume you're terminally dull?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_mind
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Why did this thread turn into a dick-waving wankfest of who-is-funnier-than-thou?

Shut the fuck up, seriously. Quit with the "Well actually" and the "I'm so fucking edgy and clever" stupidity. Or don't, it's not like it's my problem, but FUCK. I used to have fun here.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 04, 2017, 04:46:00 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 04, 2017, 09:10:58 AM
:lulz:

I'm still waiting to hear all about this theory of mind, among other things. Or should I just assume you're terminally dull?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_mind

I'm still waiting to hear the relevance of this. I'm pretty sure there isn't any.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 04, 2017, 04:48:18 PM
Why did this thread turn into a dick-waving wankfest of who-is-funnier-than-thou?

Shut the fuck up, seriously. Quit with the "Well actually" and the "I'm so fucking edgy and clever" stupidity. Or don't, it's not like it's my problem, but FUCK. I used to have fun here.

Meh, I was bored and Thrush here painted a target on himself. What can I say, I'm weak sometimes.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 03, 2017, 11:44:44 PM
Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on May 03, 2017, 11:12:12 PM
I don't think you get that the only thing that laughter gets you is to be put in the category of non-factor along with the audience of colbert, noah, the British nerd and the rest. You've become the laugh track of the big bang theory.

Dear fellow, I'm not sure you're able to understand quite how wrong you are.

Laughing a lung up at something is a holy rite(tm pending) and you're going to remain incomplete until you learn it.

While Nero fiddled, The ancient order of HA HA was born. We Laughed at the plagues. We laughed at Napoleon. And again at Napoleon. And again at Napoleon. We laugh every time someone marches at Moscow in the winter. What can we say beyond certain hats are amusing? We Laugh at the 3 Stooges, Auschwitz and the continuing decisions to throw nuclear bombs around for testing purposes. We Laugh at Tommy Cooper's last show. We Laugh at the ways of Clinton Clifford and Little Larry. We Laugh at corruption and watch to see who isn't laughing because that's where the bribes went. We laugh at how much asbestos is in your house and workplace right now. We laugh at radioactive clocks which are still more common than you may think. The constant appearance of HA HA ONLY SERIOUS is everywhere if you know where to look. Just look at anything, you'll find it.

Sitting there with your straight face hanging out may work for you. If dying of a heart attack at 30-odd is your goal. By all means let these things be VERY SERIOUS for you. That's not an entirely bad thing but by doing so you give them a level of importance they quite frankly don't deserve.

Power can suffer practically anything apart from people's laughter. Do you think idiot hates the media because it takes him seriously? The cretin hates SNL because people laugh at a caricature of him. It undermines his very sense of self as a WEALTHY IMPORTANT PERSON. It kicks his inner child and reminds them that they were once a small screaming human with no control over his bowels. And he's close to the other end of the scale now so that's a serious worry for him. One of the last posts was specifically about prosecuting someone FOR laughing. That alone should give you an understanding of how much power hates HA HA.

The world is very large and complex. I can affect and change a relatively tiny part of it. Even with a couple of lottery wins tomorrow, I would still only be able to change a tiny fraction of it. But yet with modern technology, I can know about vast parts of it. And I'll be FUCKED BLUE if you're telling me not to laugh at it.

Because you've got to laugh at all of it. Dictators with toupees and crazy ideas are fucking hilarious. People acting in vast numbers against their own best interests is downright hysterical. The determination of hordes of idiots wanting to be the boot that stamps on others is a god-damn riot. The only reaction these things deserve is a solid HA HA directly to the face.

So please, take your humourless arse outside and laugh in somethings face. It's liberating, if you have the balls to do so. Or you can sit there and fret about how very serious and sad it all is and try and work out what to do. Here's the thing though, one of us will be having a fucking good time.

Probably me, because I'll be laughing sputum and spittle into your goddamn face. And then I'll laugh at your reaction too for good measure.

TL;DR - Shove your big bang theory up your arse. Sideways. With gusto.

Few pages back, so god knows what shit show I'm wandering into (my guess, a big one?), but I really like this. I don't see HA HA as complacency or acceptance. There are and will be many unfunny things happening. But HA HA has gotten me through much more than which politician (or group thereof) is destroying the world . What else are you gonna do? Curl up and cry? I say laugh.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 04, 2017, 06:20:26 AM
Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on May 03, 2017, 09:39:17 PM
I guess you could say I do have an ethical problem if this is the shit you find humorous. That's fear induced laughter. Violence seems way more appropriate.

I just want to point out that FUCK YOU for telling anyone else what they should or shouldn't find humor in.

Seriously, go choke on a Buick.

And also, this
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Junkenstein

Hey, thanks.

I feel warm now. It may be because I've shat myself but I'm not checking until the feeling goes away.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39798989

QuotePresident Donald Trump has signed an executive order to ease a ban on political endorsements by churches and religious groups.
The order loosens a provision of the tax code which prohibits religious organisations from directly supporting or opposing political candidates.
Mr Trump often complained about the rule as a candidate. Repealing it would require action in Congress.

The next president is going to be sponsored by Scientology. I guarantee it.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

I see we have another hero of the day developing, here.

:bacon: :hosrie: :bacon:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 04, 2017, 06:33:33 PM

QuotePresident Donald Trump has signed an executive order to ease a ban on political endorsements by churches and religious groups.
The order loosens a provision of the tax code which prohibits religious organisations from directly supporting or opposing political candidates.
Mr Trump often complained about the rule as a candidate. Repealing it would require action in Congress.

Do you think that would be better or worse than the one we have now?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Junkenstein

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on May 05, 2017, 05:29:19 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 04, 2017, 06:33:33 PM

Do you think that would be better or worse than the one we have now?

Ask yourself, how do I feel about the separation of church and state? Because that's what's going away here.