News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

APT28, aka "Fancy Bear", have been identified by two cybersecurity agencies as being behind the hack of the emails of Macron.

Fancy Bear, as you recall, also hacked the DNC and John Podesta's emails.  Their timing shows a certain amount of cleverness - French news agencies are banned on reporting in the election in the final 48 hours before a vote, and the emails were leaked just before that deadline.  In short, everyone can read the emails, and the Macron campaign cannot respond.

We should of course remember that Trump has endorsed Marine Le Pen.  That one of Trump's top advisers was a fundraiser for Le Pen, that they held a strategy meeting in the Trump Towers earlier this year.  That the FN in France are heavily backed by Russian banks, and that Marine Le Pen visited Putin a couple of months ago.  That Le Pen promises to take France out of both the EU and NATO if she wins.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

It's good news, but we still have elections in Germany and the UK to go.

UK will be interesting, as Russia doesn't really have an ally in the UK with any real political influence.  The closest would be Corbyn, and while I consider him a little naive on foreign policy issues, I also tend to think he's actually putting out his position in good faith and so would react negatively to Russian aggression abroad and attempts at political manipulation...unlike Le Pen or UKIP. (FWIW, I consider May even more naive than Corbyn on foreign policy, and her position on Russia is even less clear, but the larger Tory Party is generally sceptical of Russian actions)

And in Germany, the AfD needs keeping an eye on.  In fact, in Germany, be prepared for more instances of "alleged" Islamic terrorism.  We've already seen two attempted false flag terrorist attacks last month, one for profit and one by a right-wing extremist, and both with ties to the military.  The German far-right is becoming increasingly volatile and violent, and the armed forces have been allowing Neo-Nazi cells to operate within their branches with relative impunity.  Germany could get very messy.

Cain

All that said, watching the alt-right go on suicide watch the past few hours has been intensely satisfying.

tyrannosaurus vex

If Germany falls to neo-Nazis, I'm pretty sure there's no possible hope for the rest of us.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

"We learn from history that we do not learn from history" - some dead German dude.

Unfortunately, the processes which give rise to fascism are just as prevalent in Germany as elsewhere, and some elements of the German state's legal anti-Nazism, along with Nazism being tied so strongly to German nationalism and history (ie; before Germany was invaded by the Soviets/subjugated by the Americans) give it a perverse appeal - it's countercultural and cool because the state has banned it. 

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Junkenstein

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/09/james-comey-fbi-fired-donald-trump

:lulz:

Quote"President Idiot acted based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39866170

QuoteThe surprise move comes after it emerged Mr Comey gave inaccurate information about Hillary Clinton's emails to Congress last week.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Firing came a few hours after grand jury subpoenas were issued for associates of Michael Flynn in regards to the ongoing Russia investigation.

Cain

BTW, McMaster, the National Security Advisor who actually knows about national security, is reportedly also on the down and out with the President.  Lots of clashing with Trump and with Bannon, the latter twisting the knife as hard as he can in revenge for his dismissal from the NSC.  McMasters wants to see an escalation in Afghanistan (where things are actually bad, if you pay attention beyond the MOAB - the Taliban hold about 1/3rd of the country, the government is corrupt, the ANA are useless and the few professional soldiers the Afghans have are being burnt out from having to do everything, and Russia is supporting the Taliban).

I suspect McMaster is also going to get canned in the coming weeks.  If he is, then you know something is seriously wrong at the White House.

Junkenstein

Has idiot said he has confidence in him? That seems to be the death note.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Ask and ye shall recieve: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/spicer-expresses-confidence-mcmaster

Quote"He values his counsel," he continued. "He continues to be extremely pleased with his pick and his performance as national security adviser. He has the utmost confidence in him."

Junkenstein

:lulz:

I'm starting to think that half of these decisions are done just to make spicer look even stupider than he is.

Cain

The other thing to watch in Afghanistan will be how hard the US goes after ISIS in comparison with the Taliban.  It's all but taken for granted now that the Taliban are being supported by Russia (don't tell the brave alt-righters that, they will have a meltdown upon hearing Putin supports evil Islamists), which raises the ugly spectre of a proxy war in Afghanistan.

If Russia and the USA do not have aligned foreign policies, that is.

You'll note the meeting at the White House today did not allow the US press to be present.  This was by Putin's request.  I wonder what Lavrov and Trump discussed...