News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

The Israelis must just be praying for him to drop dead right about now.

LMNO

I probably shouldn't be laughing as hard as I am at this.

Eh, who am I kidding?

:lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

I liked the look on Netanyahu's face during their little press statement. He had the same exasperated look that a kindergarten teacher has when she's trying to corral a particularly dense kid back into the lunch line.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Haha. Hahahahaha.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-asked-intelligence-chiefs-to-push-back-against-fbi-collusion-probe-after-comey-revealed-its-existence/2017/05/22/394933bc-3f10-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html?utm_term=.56f8fb201da2
QuotePresident Trump asked two of the nation's top intelligence officials in March to help him push back against an FBI investigation into possible coordination between his campaign and the Russian government, according to current and former officials.

Trump made separate appeals to the director of national intelligence, Daniel Coats, and to Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency, urging them to publicly deny the existence of any evidence of collusion during the 2016 election.

Coats and Rogers refused to comply with the requests, which they both deemed to be inappropriate, according to two current and two former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private communications with the president.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Next the head of the Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms bureau will come forward saying Trump tried to order a hit on Comey
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Junkenstein

Quote from: Faust on May 23, 2017, 09:49:58 PM
Next the head of the Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms bureau will come forward saying Trump tried to order a hit on Comey

Nah, DEA.

"You guys know those cartel guys, right? I need some bad hombres"
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Confirmed by the WaPo that Kushner was holding secret talks with the Russian ambassador, Kislyak, to set up a private backchannel in December.

This means that Kushner, Flynn and Erik Prince were all having secret meetings with Russian officials to create a secret backchannel that circumvented US national security.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on May 27, 2017, 01:36:09 AM
Confirmed by the WaPo that Kushner was holding secret talks with the Russian ambassador, Kislyak, to set up a private backchannel in December.

This means that Kushner, Flynn and Erik Prince were all having secret meetings with Russian officials to create a secret backchannel that circumvented US national security.

I am absolutely unsurprised.

Nothing will happen.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

I don't know...I'm at least 90% sure Kushner did something illegal.  He's a spoiled little rich boy who's never been told no and made his entire career on the back of his father's fortune.  I know the type.  He's done something, and Bannon hates his guts.  Bannon will squeal to the FBI, and the FBI will nail his balls to a wall the first chance they get.

I suspect the only reason something hasn't already happened is the suspicion that Kushner was the middle-man for Trump.  It makes sense.  I've heard from connected reporters rumours a while back that Flynn was acting as the middle man for someone higher up in the Trump admin.  Obviously, we now know that's Kushner.  That's why the FBI didn't give Flynn immunity - they already knew what they needed, and had their eyes on a bigger prize.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cain on May 27, 2017, 02:16:39 AM
I don't know...I'm at least 90% sure Kushner did something illegal.  He's a spoiled little rich boy who's never been told no and made his entire career on the back of his father's fortune.  I know the type.  He's done something, and Bannon hates his guts.  Bannon will squeal to the FBI, and the FBI will nail his balls to a wall the first chance they get.

I suspect the only reason something hasn't already happened is the suspicion that Kushner was the middle-man for Trump.  It makes sense.  I've heard from connected reporters rumours a while back that Flynn was acting as the middle man for someone higher up in the Trump admin.  Obviously, we now know that's Kushner.  That's why the FBI didn't give Flynn immunity - they already knew what they needed, and had their eyes on a bigger prize.

My real fear here is that the FBI will nail Flynn, Kushner, and maybe a few other middle men, and somehow Trump will come out smelling like roses.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on May 28, 2017, 04:32:49 AM

My real fear here is that the FBI will nail Flynn, Kushner, and maybe a few other middle men, and somehow Trump will come out smelling like roses.

The worst case scenario is one where Trump gets impeached without first impeaching and replacing Pence.

Even then, whomever the house appointed to replace Pence would be their creature.

Trump is an assclown, but he doesn't take directions well.  Pence will do precisely what he's told, if he can have his dominionist agenda advanced in exchange.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2017, 04:43:44 AM

The worst case scenario is one where Trump gets impeached without first impeaching and replacing Pence.

Even then, whomever the house appointed to replace Pence would be their creature.

Trump is an assclown, but he doesn't take directions well.  Pence will do precisely what he's told, if he can have his dominionist agenda advanced in exchange.

Knowing Americans, this is exactly what will happen. Somehow we'll nap Trump and kick him out, and then everyone will sit back and congratulate themselves on doing such a bang-up job of saving the republic and such, and let Pence and his gang of Objectivist Dominionists completely ruin everything.

Or this!
- Impeach/Remove Trump.
- Pence pardons Trump, appoints him VP
- Pence resigns
- Trump appoints Pence VP

Okay that's very unlikely, but I'd have to at least give them props for such a well-executed troll if they did it that way.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on May 28, 2017, 05:32:27 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 28, 2017, 04:43:44 AM

Knowing Americans, this is exactly what will happen. Somehow we'll nap Trump and kick him out, and then everyone will sit back and congratulate themselves on doing such a bang-up job of saving the republic and such, and let Pence and his gang of Objectivist Dominionists completely ruin everything.

Or this!
- Impeach/Remove Trump.
- Pence pardons Trump, appoints him VP
- Pence resigns
- Trump appoints Pence VP

Okay that's very unlikely, but I'd have to at least give them props for such a well-executed troll if they did it that way.

They thought of that with Nixon, and his deal included "never to hold federal office again".

Cain

I'm not convinced Pence isn't involved.  He's been better at hiding it, but Pence is either part of it, or he's so completely oblivious to what is happening that he should be impeached on those grounds anyway.

Pence headed up the transition team.  Flynn informed the transition team he was under Federal investigation for working as a lobbyist for Turkey at that time, by his own admission.  Rep Elijah Cummings also sent a letter to Pence warning him about Flynn's work for Turkey.  Pence had no problem booting out Cristie and his supporters, but left Flynn in place.

Pence also gave cover to the lie that Comey was fired on the advice of the Deputy Attorney General, despite knowing that Trump had determined Comey would be sacked before asking Rosenstein for the legal reasoning to justify it.

Pence was picked by Manafort for the VP slot.  We all know about Manafort and Ukraine/Russia.  What isn't widely reported is that Russia has significant sway in the evangelical community in recent years.  The Russian government is aggressively promoting Orthodox Christianity, and aggressively expanding its contacts with American evangelicals as "brothers in arms" against both Islam and secular liberalism.  Sounds like the kind of thing Pence might be in to.

Pence is cleverer than Trump.  But he's involved.  And he's not cleverer than the world's best funded intelligence agencies.