News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 08, 2017, 10:27:10 PM
Statement from idiots lawyer now out. Comey the actual devil and idiot didntdonuffin, ever.

Also, letter was horribly misspelled.  As in, the very first sentence contained "Predisent".  And it went downhill from there.

Cain

It was probably written by Trump, and his lawyer signed off on it.

Eater of Clowns

Anyone else feel like Comey was channeling Vimes with this bit:

"The reason this is such a big deal — we have this big, messy, wonderful country where we fight with each other all the time, but nobody tells us what to think, what to fight about, what to vote for, except other Americans, and that's wonderful and often painful.

But we're talking about a foreign government that, using technical intrusion, lots of other methods, tried to shape the way we think, we vote, we act. That is a big deal. And people need to recognize it.

It's not about Republicans or Democrats. They're coming after America, which I hope we all love equally. They want to undermine our credibility in the face of the world. They think that this great experiment of ours is a threat to them, and so they're going to try to run it down and dirty it up as much as possible."
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40229449
QuoteUS President Donald Trump says he is "100%" willing to speak under oath about his conversations with ex-FBI chief James Comey.
QuoteWhen asked about whether he had recordings of his conversations with Mr Comey, which he has previously hinted, the president said he would address it at a later date.
"I'll tell you something about that maybe sometime in the very near future," he said on Friday. "I'll tell you about it over a short period of time. I'm not hinting at anything."
:lulz:

"I'm letting my lawyer listen to them over the weekend before I confirm or deny the existence of them."

So, in the end, it looks like idiot may just hang himself.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bu🤠ns

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on June 08, 2017, 05:52:32 PM
McCain's either drunk, high, suffering from the early symptoms of dementia or being intentionally stupid.

Finished watching the full thing, I'd say McCain's probably a combination of all of the above.

Also easy to see which members are still on the idiot train despite how proceedings opened. Also easy to see which ones are taking it seriously, all the good questions were saved for the closed hearing which must have been hilarious.

Overall, perfect performance from Comey, if idiot does testify he's walking meat.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 09, 2017, 12:48:47 AM
Quote from: Junkenstein on June 08, 2017, 10:27:10 PM
Statement from idiots lawyer now out. Comey the actual devil and idiot didntdonuffin, ever.

Trumpeteers will believe this as gospel truth. I suspect that the True Trump Believers will be dangerous if he does get impeached.

Speaking of which, I've been keeping an eye on Scott Adams. Wanna see something funny?
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/161585486426/the-comey-fog

QuoteThere are several related stories swirling around the news that involve Russia, Trump Idiot, Trump's Idiot's campaign staff, and Comey. All together, the stories are beyond the capacity of the human brain to hold the details and keep them from automatically conflating in our minds and becoming more soup than individual ingredients. When you have this level of complexity, humans reflexively default to using bias over reason. Our capacity for reason isn't up to the job in this case because all the Russia-Comey-TrumpIdiot stuff has started to run together in our minds. We would happily use our limited powers of reason in this situation if we could, but the complexity of it all makes that a dream beyond our grasp.

Could a trained lawyer sort out this complexity and at least tell you whether or not a law has been broken? Apparently not. Otherwise the lawyers on both sides would agree. They don't.

My emphasis on the last part. It's amazing, it's almost like lawyers are paid to support different sides! Was he actually expecting a statement from Idiot's lawyer saying "My guy is so fucking guilty, I'm walking away. Seriously guys, super guilty. This is part of a life change as I've now decided I hate money."

The rest of it reads like he just didn't see the opening 15 or so minutes where the chairman and deputy gave a narrative of the known facts to date which included reams of "Russia is fucking with us, and we ALL agree on that and so do you." 

But hey, 'This is all beyond what any puny mind can grasp anyway, right?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There's an interesting phenomenon with cults; typically with most cults, there is a moment of truth when the cult predictions don't come true, or the cult leader is exposed as a fraud. At that time, a large proportion of the cult's followers become disillusioned, and leave the cult, often forming deep hostility and resentment toward the cult that wasted their time/money and/or caused them to engage in behavior they believe they would not normally have done. The remaining proportion, however, develop an even deeper faith, and an unshakeable resolve to support and believe in the cult no matter what evidence indicates it is an unwise choice, or that they are being misled and even defrauded.

Scott Adams is probably going to be the latter, and it will be an interesting thing to watch unfold as his attempts to rationalize become increasingly shrill and disjointed.

Cain

Cognitive dissonance is going to tear Scott Adam's head apart.  He's already reached the stage of long, rambling arguments with strangers on Reddit.

Junkenstein

Sessions testifying tuesday. Buying shares in popcorn companies, this will be classic.

Cain

He's only doing so in order to avoid a public testimony in front of another committee.

QuoteInstead of testifying publicly before the appropriations committees, where these matters could be discussed in the light of day, Sessions will appear before the Senate Intelligence Committee. The Washington Post and USA Today report that Sessions' appearance is expected to be closed.

Cain

Sessions says he wants an open hearing now.

I suspect the administration is gearing up to ratfuck Mueller as special counsel.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on June 12, 2017, 04:32:07 PM
Sessions says he wants an open hearing now.

I suspect the administration is gearing up to ratfuck Mueller as special counsel.

Rumors swirling in this regard, from what I've heard of Mueller he's probably quite prepared for this.