News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I'd be surprised.  Shooter is described as white, mid 40s, no doubt lurid description of his mental state will be forthcoming.  He doesn't fit an outsider-existential threat-thingly veiled racism-potential conspiracy candidate.

For other examples, see the Neo-Nazi in Florida last week who was let out on bail despite stockpiling ammo, explosives and having material related to McVeigh in his flat.

Also, the threat is over.  Martial law can't be used to justify intervention in a case where the police response clearly overwhelmed the attacker, or else every school and workplace shooting would equally be grounds for martial law.

00.dusk

I didn't see who spoke up over Harris, but I know that there was more than one. There was also an audible "doesn't seem like it" (sounded like Cornyn's voice) when the Chairman stated that the focus was the Russia situation, so there's a /concerted/ effort to derail and bury this.

There was a very obvious show Sessions was putting on. When the Chairman (who had the face of a cannibal the entire time, it was amazing) questioned him he played this senile old man routine and hunched in his chair. When Cotton was talking, he was /noticeably/ relaxed and friendly, leaned back, got to acting very at ease. Cornyn had him only slightly more on edge. McCain was actually asking okay questions and Sessions acted very threatened by him, surprisingly. Sessions tried some bullshit with the Vice Chairman early on but he managed to keep the focus on. Reed, Harris, Wyden and someone else I didnt catch the name of all were putting the screws to him for the stupidity of the whole "executive privilege" thing, and he got visibly enraged with Wyden and the guy-I-can't-remember.

Cain

BBC has info on the shooter:

James T Hodgkinson is a 66-year-old man from Belleville, Illinois, a small city just across the Mississippi River from the city of St Louis, Missouri
    Mr Hodgkinson's wife told ABC News he moved to Virginia two months ago
    His Facebook account shows anti-Republican and anti-Trump rhetoric
    He was a volunteer on the campaign of former Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders

00.dusk

The Berniebros are really going to fuck the dog, huh?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on June 14, 2017, 01:52:50 PM
And now we have a very real spectre of marshal law over our heads.

Martial Law, I don't see how you could...

...OH, NO, THEY GOT HIM!  THEY GOT LMNO WITH A BAG OVER HIS HEAD, AND REPLACED HIM WITH A CLONE.   :cry:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: 00.dusk on June 14, 2017, 02:10:09 PM
I didn't see who spoke up over Harris, but I know that there was more than one. There was also an audible "doesn't seem like it" (sounded like Cornyn's voice) when the Chairman stated that the focus was the Russia situation, so there's a /concerted/ effort to derail and bury this.

There was a very obvious show Sessions was putting on. When the Chairman (who had the face of a cannibal the entire time, it was amazing) questioned him he played this senile old man routine and hunched in his chair. When Cotton was talking, he was /noticeably/ relaxed and friendly, leaned back, got to acting very at ease. Cornyn had him only slightly more on edge. McCain was actually asking okay questions and Sessions acted very threatened by him, surprisingly. Sessions tried some bullshit with the Vice Chairman early on but he managed to keep the focus on. Reed, Harris, Wyden and someone else I didnt catch the name of all were putting the screws to him for the stupidity of the whole "executive privilege" thing, and he got visibly enraged with Wyden and the guy-I-can't-remember.

America hired a billionaire to protect them from billionaires.  We hire cops to investigate fellow cops.  Obviously, we're going to have congress investigate members and former members of congress.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 14, 2017, 07:17:28 PM

...OH, NO, THEY GOT HIM!  THEY GOT LMNO WITH A BAG OVER HIS HEAD, AND REPLACED HIM WITH A CLONE.   :cry:

Of what do you speak, citizen?  I am the LMNO man, doing LMNO things.  Really.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on June 14, 2017, 07:20:19 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 14, 2017, 07:17:28 PM

Of what do you speak, citizen?  I am the LMNO man, doing LMNO things.  Really.

I have seen enough Don Siegal flicks to know where this is going.  :sadbanana:

The Good Reverend Roger

Junkenstein

So anyone having a punt on whether a republican being shot will make them rethink their views on gun control?

Me neither, as we all know by now the shooter was a Clinton agent in the pay of the mole people and (((soros))), right?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Apparently shooter was a Sanders supporter according to CNN.

Close enough.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 14, 2017, 07:46:23 PM
So anyone having a punt on whether a republican being shot will make them rethink their views on gun control?

Me neither, as we all know by now the shooter was a Clinton agent in the pay of the mole people and (((soros))), right?

I am betting the shooter was off his meds, but I am told I am a total cuck and my opinion about this cannot be trusted.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 14, 2017, 07:50:27 PM

Close enough.

Jill Stein voter, I heard.  Half a dozen of one, six of the other.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 14, 2017, 07:50:54 PM

Close enough.

Still comes down to left wing loon with a gun either way.

Choice of target is a little odd, never even heard of the guy shot until now. Surely there's a heap of better targets if you're going to pull shit like this?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 14, 2017, 07:55:01 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 14, 2017, 07:50:54 PM

Close enough.

Still comes down to left wing loon with a gun either way.

Choice of target is a little odd, never even heard of the guy shot until now. Surely there's a heap of better targets if you're going to pull shit like this?

He's an asshole, no qualms about saying that.

But he's not in the McConnell/Ryan/Sessions league of assholes.